Tom Petty Dies at age 66

Whoa. What a bummer and sad. Huge fan of his music.

RIP. I was a fan of his music and saw him in concert a couple of times.... Sad

Today is not going well. Las Vegas, Petty, and at lunch split a molar that will need an implant. Makes the last one seem somewhat minor in comparison.

Way too soon. Love his music.

"Free Fallin'"

Every time someone famous, who is younger than I am, dies, I sadly think "Well, I outlived another one".........but it's not a "Whoopee" feeling.

This is really shocking. He was only 66 and looked younger than that. 'Last Dance with Mary Jane' is a song of his that I really enjoyed.

Last edited:
In another thread, we were talking about what makes a Boomer and what makes a Gen-X.

Well, doesn't matter. Petty spoke to both.

That's the third Wilbury to go down now. RIP, Tom.

One of my all time faves. Back in spring I tried out for a Tom Petty tribute band. He has written some of the best songs of all time. :(

Always have loved his music. Way too young. RIP Tom Petty.

Shocking and sad. He was 66 years old, but gone too fast.

RIP. I was a fan of his music and saw him in concert a couple of times.... Sad

Fans really got their money's worth at a Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers concert. They'd typically play at least 3 hours and the entire performance was first rate. I was always impressed by the quality of musicians he recorded and performed with.

One of my all time faves. Back in spring I tried out for a Tom Petty tribute band. He has written some of the best songs of all time. :(

Winnipeg, eh? What about trying out for The Guess Who tribute band?! :LOL:

I'm also saddened by this loss; a big fan. When my 2 kids were teenagers, they figured out a way for all of us to see him for "free." For Father's Day they split the cost of my ticket, and I got to pay for theirs, thus not costing us anything for our own ticket, in their eyes. The concert was great; I saw him 2 other times after that one and each time he put on a fantastic show.
RIP.

Last edited:
Just stunning news. Have seen him several times. Definitely an all-timer.

Only 2 Travelling Wilburys left.

Another report states that "There is no brain activity".......so whether the body is apparently 'functioning' or not, for all intents & purposes...he's gone.

You can second guess TMZ. They are accurate disguised as shock news.
What I meant was... TMZ reported it first, and never reported a death. CBS ran with the death. TMZ is more accurate. I expect more from CBS.

In any case, it doesn't sound good.

What I meant was... TMZ reported it first, and never reported a death. CBS ran with the death. TMZ is more accurate. I expect more from CBS.

In any case, it doesn't sound good.

So very true. In any case, doesn't sound good.

Gal is upset - Petty was her favorite - just yesterday she was talking bout how real he was and holding her nose to approximate his singing voice. She's kinda taken back to our little event when I was 63 and she kept me ticking.

Back
Top Bottom