Unrest in the Kingdom of Thailand

Lance,
I was counting on him to sign my immigration papers. Prior life good deeds are hard to prove but I think I qualify as a high performer at least on 2-3 of my former lives.

Good luck during the turmoil.
T

OAP,

Here in Bangkok, the protests are gaining momentum and his remaining in office is actually looking a bit shaky.

Better get those immigrations docs signed ASAP...

So far, everything has been peaceful. If it were not for the newspaper reports, I would never suspect that a national crisis is in the making.

Lance

Hey Lance, is it time for you (and me eventually) to look for other exotic locations?

Seriously, I hope the political turmoil doesn't create any serious complications for you.

MJ

MJ,

Naaaaaaaaaaa, still peaceful here. If it were not for the newspaper reports, it would be "What Crisis?"

Lance, on the way to the gym...

WTF? I read a report of Thai authorities denying that they would implement emergency powers (i.e. martial law) after a bomb went off. What happened to the peaceful Thai people who hadn't absorbed Merkin culture/diseases as of yet?

brewer12345 said:
WTF?  I read a report of Thai authorities denying that they would implement emergency powers (i.e. martial law) after a bomb went off.  What happened to the peaceful Thai people who hadn't absorbed Merkin culture/diseases as of yet?

Peaceful Thais?

Well...

They are relatively peaceful until they "lose face" (embarassed) When Thais do get angry, it isn't a pretty site...

Lance

Gotta shatter my illusions, eh, lance?

So when do you plan on flying the coop? I know Thailand is supposed to be lovely, but there's lots of cheap places to live where there doesn't appear to be a revolution in process (Panama, MX, Argentina, etc.).

brewer12345 said:
there's lots of cheap places to live where there doesn't appear to be a revolution in process (Panama, MX, Argentina, etc.).

Not today, but there's always tomorrow. :confused:

brewer12345 said:
Gotta shatter my illusions, eh, lance?

So when do you plan on flying the coop?  I know Thailand is supposed to be lovely, but there's lots of cheap places to live where there doesn't appear to be a revolution in process (Panama, MX, Argentina, etc.).

Not at all Buddy.

As long as it's not like a Khmer Rouge style revolution in Cambodia (The KR lilled 1 in 8 of their fellow citizens) I'll take a revolution in a heart beat. Bad press keeps the masses away, and that in turn, lowers the prices and enourages the locals to roll out the welcome mat, IMHO.

Lance

Back
Top Bottom