Vacuum Cleaner - Do You Roomba?

Re: Vacuum Cleaner - Roomba?

Mystic, I've seen comments in other threads. Do a search on "roomba" and see what you come up with.

REWahoo! said:
Mystic, I've seen comments in other threads. Do a search on "roomba" and see what you come up with.
Wow, you're right...what hasn't the forum talked about!

I received one as a Christmas gift 2004. It works well, especially cat hair, but it seems like I'm always having to "rescue" it from wedges between chairs and table legs, etc. It also has the nasty habit of knocking over the cat's water dish if I forget to take it up first. It would be really great for a room with little furniture. But it DOES work and does what it's advertised.....besides, it's kinda cute and makes little musical sounds. I think I'd personally spend the money on a really good vacuum, but I do turn it on now and then when I don't mind having to get up and go to its rescue.

I received one as a Christmas gift 2004. It works well, especially cat hair, but it seems like I'm always having to "rescue" it from wedges between chairs and table legs, etc. It also has the nasty habit of knocking over the cat's water dish if I forget to take it up first. It would be really great for a room with little furniture. But it DOES work and does what it's advertised.....besides, it's kinda cute and makes little musical sounds. I think I'd personally spend the money on a really good vacuum, but I do turn it on now and then when I don't mind having to get up and go to its rescue.

Linkerbink - that it has lasted this long is encouraging...sounds like I have to set the house up to accomodate it, our bassethound and I would enjoy hearing it make it's musical sounds...thks

It "sings" when it first starts up, and when it gets stuck, otherwise it just scoots along. I don't have the same model you show in your original post...mine's a rather basic model.

Roomba is on my "someday" list--for now, I enjoy vacuuming. Kind of a Zen thing...mind-clearing, leaves a slight feeling of satisfaction with the universe upon completion.

What I really need is the paper-declutterizer model. Wealth has a high price...statements, taxes, insurance, bills...oy, I'd like to send it all into a vacuum!

Right, vacuuming is the easy, rewarding part of cleaning. Leaves those nice tracks in the plush carpet.

Come get me when you have a robot to clean the toilets and the sinks, and unload the dishwasher.

My Roomba is terminal, I'm afraid. After more than a year of cleaning up after 4-5 dogs and 5 cats, it won't hold a charge and merely mutters at me instead of the happy songs it used to play. I'll probably get another one, once the chief diagnostician (DH) takes it apart and declares it dead. We have no rugs, though, and I think that has helped it vacuum well on our hardwood floors. I miss it already!
Sarah
Al, let me know about that dishwashing robot, will it hang up clothes, too? If so, I'm in!

IntoTheMystic said:
cleaning the floors...
What is this "cleaning the floors" concept of which you speak?

TromboneAl said:
Come get me when you have a robot to clean the toilets and the sinks, and unload the dishwasher.
It really sucks when those teenagers grow up and leave the nest, doesn't it?

I wanted one for our kitchen area, but ...
write-up's in ConsumerReports and elsewhere suggest the thing can't go from wood floor to carpet without getting stuck. Also it ain't so great on carpet.

So if you have a carpet or if you have a wood floor with a throw carpet, ....

What we need is a rent-a-roomba for a day just like you rent a rug cleaning device at many grocery stores.

Back
Top Bottom