Walmart grocery pick up new app/website troubles

Hmmm...wonder if that's also why I'm having trouble with my Vudu account (I sign-in via Walmart)

App horrible now. Also does not sync with online so if I start a list on my phone I cant finish it online and vice versa. One order cut into 4. Things not delivered and im charged for them. 3 deliveries on one day. I laid into them on Facebook land via email.

Me too. Since I prepare all our food from scratch, we buy virtually the same basics every time. Boring!

The last time we were in Sam's, I noticed a couple peering at the rotisserie chickens, gravely inspecting and discussing every single bird, while we dashed around collecting our list items as fast as we could. They must have spent 15 minutes looking at chickens.

Finally I went up and asked "Excuse me, but is there very much difference among those chickens?"

Turned out, they were looking at every label and comparing time stamps, to get the latest one.

That, to me, is the definition of too much time on one's hands.

Plus I genuinely hate grocery shopping. Then there is avoiding people[-] due to Covid.[/-] .

I've yet to try grocery pickup from any store, although I did finally order online delivery from Walmart recently. I'd like to try the pick up service, but don't want to commit a faux pas by not doing things correctly. How much do you tip the person delivering the groceries...or do you?

I've yet to try grocery pickup from any store, although I did finally order online delivery from Walmart recently. I'd like to try the pick up service, but don't want to commit a faux pas by not doing things correctly. How much do you tip the person delivering the groceries...or do you?

I do grocery pickup at one store, and tipping is forbidden.

When I initially researched the pickup options at various grocery stores in my area, they all had a "no tipping allowed" policy.

When I have Whole Foods orders delivered right to my doorstep, then I do tip - generously.

Walmart does not allow tipping for curbside pick up but there is a way to give kudos for good service through a Walmart survey and I think the employee gets some benefit from that. I recommend you not try curbside pick up from Walmart right now until they get this new app/website mess fixed.

Walmart does not allow tipping for curbside pick up but there is a way to give kudos for good service through a Walmart survey and I think the employee gets some benefit from that. I recommend you not try curbside pick up from Walmart right now until they get this new app/website mess fixed.

I used the app today and I did not care for the changes. I managed to get my grocery order in for delivery, but the next available morning time was Tuesday!

I too hate grocery shopping.......

Thanks for the info. I like to reward good service, so I'll keep that survey in mind! Since I have never used the original app, it may not be as bad a change as it is for someone already used to it. Will probably still take my time dipping my toe in.:cool:

I used the app today and I did not care for the changes. I managed to get my grocery order in for delivery, but the next available morning time was Tuesday!

I too hate grocery shopping.......

Honestly the old app was the smoothest interface I've ever used. For the life of me I don't understand why it got changed.:facepalm:

Last edited:
Honestly the old app was the smoothest interface I've ever used. For the life of me I don't why it got changed.:facepalm:

Totally agree. The person who came up with this lame brain idea should be fired.:mad:

The new app does allow adding items. You go to "account" and find your future order there, and you can add stuff. This is what DW discovered after I said "it must be possible" and she kept at it.

Why did they merge groceries with the rest? Amazon! They wanted to move all the people who did Walmart grocery and Amazon "other stuff" to all Walmart. It worked! While shopping groceries, DW remembered her blow drier started acting up, so added one to her order. Being shipped for free. That probably would have been Amazon with the old app.

BTW, you can put the app on more than one device. I have it on my phone too, and occasionally slip something less healthy into the cart, lol!

Last edited:
The new app does allow adding items. You go to "account" and find your future order there, and you can add stuff. This is what DW discovered after I said "it must be possible" and she kept at it.

Why did they merge groceries with the rest? Amazon! They wanted to move all the people who did Walmart grocery and Amazon "other stuff" to all Walmart. It worked! While shopping groceries, DW remembered her blow drier started acting up, so added one to her order. Being shipped for free. That probably would have been Amazon with the old app.

BTW, you can put the app on more than one device. I have it on my phone too, and occasionally slip something less healthy into the cart, lol!

Did your wife have a problem with the new app saying "technical difficulties try later" every couple of minutes? That was my biggest problem yesterday.

We had an order last week that said “delayed”. We were supposed to pick up at 9am. Chatted online, called the 1-800 service number, no one could tell me anything other than delayed. Around 3pm I finally just called the store pick up number (we never use it because we’ve always just checked in with the app. Order had been ready all along, so we picked it up. Notified the website support via chat that the order had been picked up and the total needed to be adjusted (weight items, substitutions, etc). Was told it will be resolved in 48 hours. This was last Wednesday.

I just checked and the website *still* says that order is delayed! No update on prices or receipt, and our credit card has still not been charged. I hesitate to put in another order until it gets updated.

I went and picked up a grocery order at WM today(took me over an hour to place the order) and talked to the WM pick up employee. He says that the new app/website has been an absolute mess. Customers are complaining they cannot place their orders and the app is not working to notify customers to pick up. He says there pick up business if way down. (I was the only pick up customer there, normally there are a bunch of cars waiting.) He said he has no idea why the changes were made.

So I guess if the point of the changes was to get customers to not shop at Walmart anymore, then it is working.

I went and picked up a grocery order at WM today(took me over an hour to place the order) and talked to the WM pick up employee. He says that the new app/website has been an absolute mess. Customers are complaining they cannot place their orders and the app is not working to notify customers to pick up. He says there pick up business if way down. (I was the only pick up customer there, normally there are a bunch of cars waiting.) He said he has no idea why the changes were made.

So I guess if the point of the changes was to get customers to not shop at Walmart anymore, then it is working.

I got an email this morning inviting me to try out the NEW IMPROVED website:facepalm: harllee watch the email they always send asking you to do a customer survey that should get their attention.

I got an email this morning inviting me to try out the NEW IMPROVED website:facepalm: harllee watch the email they always send asking you to do a customer survey that should get their attention.

Yes, I have already filled out one of their surveys about the new app and I made several "suggestions"

I got my first delivery today with the new app. All seemed OK, they did peel off a few items to mail to me but I guess that is OK.

Apparently, Walmart's customers aren't the only ones having trouble with the new system. Walmart is also having trouble with their new system. With our last WalMart pickup order, when we got home, we discovered they gave us a bag of product that had already been opened. During our next trip to the store we attempted to return it and they told us their system was down and couldn't do an exchange or refund. So the next week we tried again and got the same story. At that point i asked for a manager, and wasn't taking no for an answer again. The manager promptly opened the cash drawer and did the refund in cash.

^In the past, when we've had a quality issue, we just marked it as such in the (old) app and got credit...they didn't even ask for the item to be returned. These were not high-dollar items, so can't say if it always would work this way, but super easy for us.

I got my first delivery today with the new app. All seemed OK, they did peel off a few items to mail to me but I guess that is OK.

I didn't like this mail stuff... as of right now if you click the wrong button it goes to mail me this instead of store pickup ..it is not seamless and needs to be improved IMO.

I didn't like this mail stuff... as of right now if you click the wrong button it goes to mail me this instead of store pickup ..it is not seamless and needs to be improved IMO.

I had to go through my entire order and get rid of the items that were going to be shipped. I did not want to wait days to get those items. So I ended up having to go to another store for those items. Defeats the purpose of curbside.

I thought it was odd too, but it was two items I was in no hurry for, so I let it roll to see how it would all work out. I do not miss going to Walmart!

We ONLY go to Walmart for what we cannot get Aldi, so no issue. If I am going to pick up, I may as well go in and choose my own.

Are they shipping stuff from the grocery store? Like they will ship you some frozen peas, a can of soup, and a box of Frosted Flakes? Is it for temporarily out-of-stock items? Weird.

Back
Top Bottom