Was I in the wrong for 'roughing' this guy up?

I was pretty offended at the history quotes. Bunch of frickin bullies. I'm gonna complain.

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]When any fit of gloominess, or perversion of mind, lays hold upon you, make it a rule not to publish it by complaints. ~Samuel Johnson[/FONT]​
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif][/FONT]
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]:D

[/FONT]

I'm gonna have to complain about these complaint quotes. I've had about all the bullying I can take for one day.

After all its only a matter of time before someone else makes some passive-aggressive generic whiny post that is obviously targeted at me, which turns out to be that they're feeling bullied because I posted a picture of a donut.

And it wasnt even the first donut.

Must have some relation to that thing in hockey about how the ref always notices the second punch thrown.

I know what we need. Bacon and donut emoticons.

Where's a pancake when you need one?

I think we need a group hug......

Ask and ye shall receive.

Behold the donut pancake...

Attachments

• donut pancake.jpg
    donut pancake.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 5
Lucky That This Photographer Was In Miami Beach

and not Padre Island

img_704790_0_600563c0dd11747a276b3c543f93683a.jpg

and not Padre Island

It really brings up the issue of having an expectation of privacy. Does it exist? I personally think not when you are skimpily dressed on a public beach surrounded by hundreds of others.

Maybe a different story if you were concealed from plain sight in your back yard.

It really brings up the issue of having an expectation of privacy. Does it exist? ....

I'm debating the issue of whether or not to ask for permission before photographing other people's dogs. Last time I was caught, the dog owners joined SO and I for coffee and out popped their full life stories. Went to a contemporary art exhibit, kinda odd but fun. The artists were in a van on the street and their activities in real time were on tv inside the exhibit room. I went out to the van and asked permission to photograph them; they seemed thrilled (it may have been the first request?) but I managed to keep the conversation short.

Seems to work better when people think I'm a reporter; it even works with a point and shoot camera; I've taken to telling people, "I'm photographing the dogs of 'main' street [would you like to pose]."

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpg
    IMG_1734.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 2
Agreed. Call police/security and embarrass the guy if you do anything. Touching him puts you and your family at risk, although I certainly understand the motivation to stomp his face.

The reality is that he probably didn't do anything that constitutes a violation of any statutes, although in some locales that is changing. Being a creep/jerk/a$$hole is not a crime.

If it were, half of the members on this board including myself would disappear over night. :)

accordingly texas will be confiscating all victoria secret catalogues. an arrest warrant has been issued for v.s. principals & photographers, catalogue distributors & stockholders. do not even think about masterbating to the e.r. olympic thread pictures or your computer will be used as evidence against you. sex is bad. sex is a sin. sex is evil. bad sex. shame on sex. the only good sex is scheduled sex performed with god's permission.

Oh, come on Lazy, don't be so harsh on Texas. If I read the law correctly, it didn't mention any farm animals, so the legislators did build in a safety valve.

Women dress to impress other women.

:confused: Women dress the way ha describes to give other ladies jollies? No way. They LOVE the male attention but most often it is look but don't touch. I think the degree of trampiness is correlated to the degree of insecurity that they could catch/keep a man any other way. Hence they attract men that are only interested in looks and it becomes a vicious cycle that backfires on them in middle age.

I think thefed did right to react, even strongly.. except for putting his hands on the guy, which could have caused the whole scene to escalate and could be considered assault.

ok, what do you mean by "impress"?

Speaking purely for myself, I'm not impressed by revealing clothing on women, nor am I impressed if they are more restrained. We're good friends with an older lady here who is what might be called "mutton dressed as lamb". What impresses me is imagining the time she must spend on this effect.. time I couldn't be bothered to employ, nor would it have as good a result, most likely. But it doesn't "impress" me in any conventional sense. I like her for who she is because underneath all the makeup she is really down to earth.

Doesnt every woman enjoy being the best looking woman in the house, at least if its plausible that they can pull it off?

Arent you 'impressed' by the one that is?

I suppose I'm poisoned. I spent the afternoon yesterday at the beach with Gabe, where all the PYT's were adjusting and minimizing their bathing suits in competition with each other. Seemingly in response to the bunch of 20 year old guys trying to push each other off the boat dock. ;)

hmm so the PYT hitch up their suits in response to the guys. You've figured it out. Only took forty-something years?

Doesnt every woman enjoy being the best looking woman in the house, at least if its plausible that they can pull it off?

No, "every woman" doesn't. Even starlets and supermodels get fed up with the attention sometimes. YOU think every woman wants everyone's attention because YOU like to GIVE attention to attractive females. Nothing wrong with that second aspect at all, but it's hardly a metric by which a man can judge all women's motives, desires and instincts globally.

Would I rather have my current and always husband, or one whose head is turned by the latest greatest thing and will divorce me at the emergence of the first wrinkle? Not only can't I compete in that arena.. basically no one can, as the divorce rates among the 'beautiful people' can attest. I don't see how superficiality has led to any kind of mating success, unless you count men like "Newt", "the Donald", McCain and Giuliani who succeed in having multiple families. The first attractive wives and the 2nd/3rd/4th attractive wives end up having to share. It's only a "successful" tactic for women up to a point. It's far more successful for the males involved who seem to have the latitude of doing the serial choosing.

I'm not even clear on what you are arguing. First you said women did this to impress other women (unlikely). Now you say it is to flirt with guys (likely). If I see a woman successfully flirting with a guy by hitching their bathing suit up over their ass, this is supposed to impress me? 99% of the time they are guys that I wouldn't want to sell me a used car, much less share my bed.

And be absolutely, positively sure that your production company doesnt end up in some obscure international index fund.

I didn't realize that there were laws against stuff like this. If so the media should be given the death penalty every day. Without consent they can make you out to be a murderer or other horrible things and post your picture on thier station and make a fortune selling ED drugs off YOUR image. Look at this girl that is on the news constantly now named Kacy they have pictures of her dirty dancing without her consent and are making a fortune off of it and that is perfectly legal. Or tabliods putting all sorts of horrible pictures out there with malicious intent...all perfectly legal. But if you want to take a picture of someone because you think they are hot then you go to jail:confused:

Although in our society that probably should not surprise me!

My own morals see it like this. If someone wants to take a picture of someone to just show thier friend or keep it just for themself I think it's fine. I have had people take a picture of me or of my girlfriend and I was ok with it...it's flattering. But if you are going to use the picture for malicious reasons like the media does you are super duper scum. And if you are making money off of it like the media does in bucket fulls not only should you have to get consent but also share in the profits....after all it's your face that is now selling the ED drugs!

I didn't want to hijack this thead too much with my rant so back to the OP.

I won't tear into you too much but when I first read your post I didn't think you were serious!

I don't know the age and gender of most of the posters on this thread by I assume you are mostly older guys. I think you are missing the mark buy a lot on how women view this. My experiences are completely different!

Lets swich the genders...would it have been ok to do that if a girl was taking picturse of a guy?? And if a girl was taking pictures of you would you want that done to her or would you be flattered?? If someone did that to a girl that was taking my picture I would be really upset.

When I was in HS I had a girlfriend that had a chest like Dolly Parton and she was quite proud of it. She would construct her wardrobe to show it off. She would let me know in detail about how many guys hit on her and what they said and so on. For SURE she would have been bragging about someing taking her picture for weeks.

Maybe I hung around one too many part time models or exotic dancers growing up but I would bet 8 of ten women that are wearing a low cut shirt would not be upset that some guy was doing that!

I have hung out with girls that dressed pretty skimpy to say the least and they do draw the attention. I never had to fight anyone over it. People would stare and guys as old as my dad would ask me if she was my girlfriend and make lewd remarks. People would hit on these girls when I was nearby and whistle at them. Even other women talk to them and even insult them. I would have to be rocky or mike tyson if I was to get in a fight with everyone that is looking at the girls I was in public with. She can handle herself and if it bothers her she can get dressed she has to deal with it when I'm not there. If someone is being mean to her or hitting her I would step in but the same holds true for if it was one of my guy friends.

Not to say there isn't ladies that would want a guy to get the death penalty for looking at her because there is. But IMO the majority do not think that way.

If it happens again tell the girl that someone is trying to take her picture and see what she says.....I bet she probably would laugh or be flattered.

On being a pervert. I look at women all the time when I'm in public.....women look at guys too......it's NORMAL!

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post but my experiences have been different.

Jim

I agree with you Jim, I think this thread is essentially insane. But if you read it, you'll see that many women posters also thought The Fed was a hero, rather than an overwrought adrenaline addict.

People are all different. When I was 16 I had a really good looking 17 year old blond girlfriend. We were walking down the street in medium sized city and at a light an older guy comes up to me on my side and away from the girl. He said, "Do you have a gun? "I said, "A gun, lord no, why would I have a gun?" So he said, "Sonny, you need a gun if you are going around with a women like that." Well this really flattered me because I thought she was just a girl. But on finding out that she was a real woman, I decided that he was right, and bought his S&W .38 Spcl Model 10 for the sum of $15. So people really do see this man/woman thing in various ways.

Another thing I woujld like to mention is that someone who thinks a guy is going to take photos for his sexual interset is deluded. Who cares if a woman has big breasts, have you seen what is on the internet lately?

Ha

If it happens again tell the girl that someone is trying to take her picture and see what she says.....

Jim

I think that is an excellent point. After all, it was the young woman's privacy that was possibly being invaded, she should have a say in it. Should we confront him, call in security, etc?

Two possible outcomes:

A) She didn't care or was flattered (not so likely IMO, but possible)

B) She would be upset - by dealing with it she learns that this stuff can happen, and can take measures in the future. Should she call security, ignore it, etc?

Difficult to tell from the OP, but either this girl is so well endowed that discreet clothing does not hide that fact, or she was dressed to show it off. Either way, she is going to have to learn to deal with it. 'protecting' her from embarrassment as thefed seems to have attempted doesn't really help, long term.

BTW- thefed is a young guy, mid-late 20's I think?

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom