Was I in the wrong for 'roughing' this guy up?

I love thefed's postings, truly--they are so out of the boring things in my life. We have a whole inadvertent video of boobs and butts (of the mostly overweight relatives during family reunions) taken by DH when he thought he had turned off recording and is just talking to the kin.

I think the thing that bothered me about this situation is, who died and made thefed the judge and jury about this situation which could have been completely innnocent in someone else's eyes, especially when this suspected pervert is in a courtroom with a lawyer testifying against thefed when thefed is being tried for assault (I imagine the laws against assault are much clearer than those against taking pictures with a cell phone)?

Next time call the cops and let them deal with it. That's their job. An arrest record even without a conviction would hurt the suspected pervert a lot more than any roughing up thefed could easily have escalated to....

Although I don't think the Fed is in Texas, I thought I might point this out in response to the repeated questions/statements about the legality of taking photographs of another person without their permission and done for lascivious purposes. I would not be surprised to find that several of the other states have similar laws.

Texas Penal Code:

§ 21.15. IMPROPER PHOTOGRAPHY OR VISUAL RECORDING.
(a) In this section, "promote" has the meaning assigned by Section
(b) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) photographs or by videotape or other electronic
means records, broadcasts, or transmits a visual image of another
at a location that is not a bathroom or private dressing room:
(A) without the other person's consent; and
(B) with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person;
(c) An offense under this section is a state jail felony.

And there is the problem in the code.... (B)... a very loose interpretation of this is where I have a problem... what if someone has a nun fetish.... and takes pictures of nuns for arousal or sexual desire... are we going to prosecute them?

If I was on a jury I would have a hard time convicting someone who was just 'taking pictures' of some lady who is dressed like she wished (showing them off) and he is not going up her skirt or anything...

And there is the problem in the code.... (B)... a very loose interpretation of this is where I have a problem... what if someone has a nun fetish.... and takes pictures of nuns for arousal or sexual desire... are we going to prosecute them?
It wouldn't be the first law that Texas wrote that was overly broad or poorly written. But that's why we have juries who, we all hope and pray, exercise common sense.

If I was on a jury I would have a hard time convicting someone who was just 'taking pictures' of some lady who is dressed like she wished (showing them off) and he is not going up her skirt or anything...

The case would never see the inside of a courtroom. The perpetrator in this scenario wouldn't even want to be accused of taking lascivious photos of women at such an event. Even if he might win an assault and battery case against thefed (which I highly doubt), he would lose in the court of public opinion.

Thefed acted appropriately here for all involved.

what erd50 said, plus, what amazing eyesight or presumption (even if correct) to be able to know precisely what was in focus in the other person's camera's viewfinder. maybe the guy was just taking an offcentered picture of your crotch. which way does it lean? because certainly you think you have the balls for it.

which is more perverted? seeing a woman's body which turns you on and wanting to take a picture to preserve the moment or seeing a person who you assume preserving a moment and further assuming the photo "nefarious" in nature and connecting that all with a notion of being at a breast cancer event. does anyone seriously think--even if the guy was indeed snapping boobs--that the pervtographer made all those connections? if your own perverted mind hadn't made such connections, would the photo have seemed so dirty? would an artist ever make a point of painting breasts at an awareness affair for breast cancer?

chivalry or inhibition? here's another news flash: sexual attraction is not perverted. it is natural. so get over it. fight to veil yourself or take a chance to avail youself. but know what you are fighting for.

This is why we have to have laws like this:

Texas Penal Code:
Quote:

:p

This is why we have to have laws like this:

Texas Penal Code:
Quote:

:p

The problem is NOT the law as written, it is the court's INTERPRETATION of the law that is the problem.........;) A local circuit court judge was in the news once for referring to the US Consitution as a "formality"........:eek::eek:

The problem is NOT the law as written, it is the court's INTERPRETATION of the law that is the problem.........;) A local circuit court judge was in the news once for referring to the US Consitution as a "formality"........:eek::eek:

The Constitution? Where is Texarkandy? :)

The Fed did the right thing. The putting hands on the guy does put you in a spot, however you did have him by the short and curly so he was not going to push the envelope by calling the cops.

More people need to stand up to the freaks with cameras all around us these days.

While fed knows he shouldn't have touched the guy, I think he did a good thing. It's bad enough that a guy would take boob shots of unsuspecting women but to do it at a breast cancer event is just plain wrong! I think Dawg had a great idea too.

I'm seriously considering changing my avatar back to "boob lady".

I'm pretty sure there is little chance of the retaliatory rhino in a thong...

fed, my questioning the appropriateness of your action is not a personal attack.

thanks for explaining. i must have misinterpreted this line:

maybe the guy was just taking an offcentered picture of your crotch. which way does it lean? because certainly you think you have the balls for it.

:rolleyes:

Was I in the wrong for 'roughing' this guy up?

Since you asked, and in a word, yes.

Given a choice of having my fully-clothed picture taken without my knowledge (the woman in your party), vs being physically assaulted (the photographer), I'd take the former.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

I think the fact that theFed didn't get a fight out of the guy is pretty good proof that he was up to know good.

I think "thefed" can't resisit getting involved in adrenaline-filled situations. here's hoping he doesn't end up seriously hurt or killed because he decided on his own to mess with the wrong person...........:(

There's psychos everyone among us, my goal is to be as nice to them as I can.......

I know what this thread needs...

Attachments

• Gabe 42 months 068.jpg
    Gabe 42 months 068.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 11
Why yes, he IS!

One of his favorite foods!

I just sort of figured that we'd more or less reached the range of reasoned debate on the original topic, and I'm fresh out of bacon wrapped boobs to try to derail things before we get to the point of name calling and hurt feelings.

If this doesnt work, I have a picture of my dog eating a piece of bacon.

Why yes, he IS!

One of his favorite foods!

I just sort of figured that we'd more or less reached the range of reasoned debate on the original topic, and I'm fresh out of bacon wrapped boobs to try to derail things before we get to the point of name calling and hurt feelings.

If this doesnt work, I have a picture of my dog eating a piece of bacon.

And if that doesn't work, I would enjoy a photo of bacon and watermelon together....

Uh oh, somebody's having a bayyyby... ;)

As wrong as this may be, may I present the BCWTP (Bacon, Cheese, Watermelon, Tomato and Pesto Sandwich)

Attachments

• bacon cheese tomato watermelon pesto sandwich.jpg
    bacon cheese tomato watermelon pesto sandwich.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 139
If someone objected to your photographing that sandwich would it be wrong of him to "rough you up"?

If someone objected to your photographing that sandwich would it be wrong of him to "rough you up"?

He would be fully justified. I doubt the Bunny got it's permission, and it was certainly done to arouse the passions. Worked on me.

Ha

Did Gabe consent to you photographing him with bacon in hand? I'm sure somewhere on the internet there is a group of people who are pedobaconphiles. What was your intent in posting that picture? Have you been to Texas lately? Round up the posse and get em boys...

Back
Top Bottom