Wedding Rings / Bands...Do you wear yours?

I wore my wedding band on the day we married then on the honeymoon but when I went back to work off it came, I had two coworkers with pretty mangled ring fingers from having a ring on at work. Been married going on 32 years and it doesn't bother the wife that I don't.

I wear mine as much as possible. When i was working construction I always took it off and put in my right side pants pocket. After 20 some years a row of saphires loosened and fell out. We claimed on our insurance and had it remade by the guy that originally made our rings. My ring gives me great comfoirt

Mrs Scrapr's ring needs to be resized. We will do that shortly for our 25th anniversary in August

We both do most of the time.

I don't. In 36 years I have maybe wore it 10 times. DW wears hers almost all the time but I don't like wearing rings or jewelry.

I wear the small plain gold wedding band all the time, replacing the diamond with a simpler ring when traveling overseas.

I really appreciated having a plain, simple wedding band- I could wear it all the time (I don't work around dangerous machinery) without worrying about stones falling out or anyone being interested in stealing it. I also left my engagement ring (and other expensive jewelry) at home when I went anywhere that I thought crime might be a problem.

DW Wears hers always, have not worn mine since I took it off after our wedding 30 odd years ago, it is like new.

A simple gold band. The DW put it on my finger over 40 years ago at our wedding and it's never been taken off. Never.

Actually I'm surprised I've never damaged it working on cars and "stuff" like I do so often. Looks new.

Last edited:
It’s a tourniquet on my left hand to cut off my circulation. Seriously, my knuckle has swollen over the years. I can’t take it off even if I wanted to.

Married 33 years, we do not wear wedding rings, although I have one securely in a box in my drawer. I figure we're faithful regardless of the ring, we're married in our hearts. Wedding rings are a symbol or tradition which I respect. When/where did that tradition begin anyway?

I wear mine as much as possible. When i was working construction I always took it off and put in my right side pants pocket. After 20 some years a row of saphires loosened and fell out. We claimed on our insurance and had it remade by the guy that originally made our rings. My ring gives me great comfort.

Mrs Scrapr's ring needs to be resized. We will do that shortly for our 25th anniversary in August

Love this bolded comment so much. Me too.

I have a simple gold wedding band I have worn since the day we were married in 1986. I never take it off. It's not big or fancy, and I certainly don't baby it. It's scuffed up and occasionally gets bent into an oval that I have to straighten out. But I wear it proudly to show my wife and the world that my heart belongs to her.

My wife has an equally simple gold band. When we got married we had it joined with my mother's wedding ring and band. So she has a simple diamond ring in the middle with a matching gold band on each side. Nothing extravagant, no giant rock or anything, just a symbol of our bond.

For much of our marriage my wife also proudly wore the small promise ring I bought her when we were dating. It's a very thin band with a tiny diamond "chipette". I only paid $50 for it, but it meant a lot to her. She wore through the band a couple times, and the chipette nearly fell out a couple times. We've probably spent hundreds of dollars repairing that little promise ring over the years, but it still means a lot to her.

For our 20th anniversary I bought my wife a ring for her right hand. I was prepared to spend big money on a ring since we had gone cheap on our other rings. I scoured the jewelry stores and online sites but nothing seemed like "her". I ended up selecting a very inexpensive gold ring (under $150 if I remember correctly) that had two small hearts next to each other with little diamonds on the edges. She loves it. I showed her photos of some of the other rings I was thinking of and told her we could get one of those if she preferred, but she said she liked the one I got the best. She hasn't taken it off since I gave it to her back in 2006.

Our rings are not fancy, but they mean a lot to us and we always wear them proudly.

I have been widowed for 15 years and still wear my wedding ring about 50 percent of the time. I'm just used to wearing a ring on the 4th finger of my left hand after all these years. Sometimes I wear a diamond eternity band in lieu of my gold wedding ring and occasionally I wear an antique amethyst ring that belonged to my mother (but only in the winter as it doesn't fit in summer). It is rare for me to wear my engagement ring. My late husband only wore his wedding ring on our wedding day as he disliked any kind of jewelry other than a wristwatch plus his job as a surgeon meant frequent hand washing.

She who must be obeyed: Yes

Me: Most times.

It is only a ring after all. In the case of my band, it cost a full $32. at a Shoprite catalogue store. Hers.....I think that it was $375 including a wedding band both in a sterling silver presentation box. 1973 prices.

I wear mine only when going out, never around the house. And when I go out to run errands, go to the gym or something like that, I don’t normally wear it. But when we’re going out to dinner or I have an appointment or something like that, I do wear it. I actually have 2 rings - a yellow gold one that was my original ring, and a white gold one we just got for our 20th anniversary. I like them both and alternate. However I don’t take nice jewelry on trips - too much risk.

DH has a simple gold band and usually wears it.

We're a young married couple, I don't wear one, wife wears hers outside the house. I don't like accessories, find them uncomfortable, and the ring was no different.

I selectively wear mine. Try not to wear to yoga, manual labor tasks, around babies, or when im trying to negotiate a good deal. HaloFIRE wears his when instructed to but generally doesn't since retirement. He did wear it at work when behind a desk but not being tactical. Of note, his is aircraft titanium with a brushed finished and nicely rounded ob the edges. Incredibly lightweight and comfortable. I kind of want one

We're a young married couple, I don't wear one, wife wears hers outside the house. I don't like accessories, find them uncomfortable, and the ring was no different.

I'm a practical person and want to ask a question: you're not the only person here who's said that they pretty much took their wedding band off after the ceremony and never wore it again. Why do you spend the money on one in the first place- just for the gesture at the ceremony? It seems like an expensive gesture unless the ring is sterling silver or just gold-plated.

I'm a practical person and want to ask a question: you're not the only person here who's said that they pretty much took their wedding band off after the ceremony and never wore it again. Why do you spend the money on one in the first place- just for the gesture at the ceremony? It seems like an expensive gesture unless the ring is sterling silver or just gold-plated.
I can answer for me - my wife wanted us to both get rings. She doesn't care that I don't wear it. Happy wife, happy life.

Of note, his is aircraft titanium with a brushed finished and nicely rounded ob the edges. Incredibly lightweight and comfortable. I kind of want one

A small PSA:

Before buying one stop by the nearby rescue squad or firehouse and ask if they now have tools to cut those titanium rings off. When those came out I heard of several incidents where people were in some type of accident resulting in a lot of swelling in the ring finger. Every ambulance carries a device called a "ring cutter" to get the ring off when that happens. They work great on gold rings. Last I heard (which was admittedly quite a while ago) they didn't work at all on titanium and at least a couple people lost a finger because the blood supply was cut off.

We both wear our rings almost always. We both like it that way

DH and I both wear ours when we leave the house. At home, we usually don’t wear them.

Back
Top Bottom