Well, another member getting the boot

Hey TP. Sorry to hear of the news but I hope it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Since you seem to have a good knack for tacking difficult situations, have you thought of doing contract work - acting CFO, acting COO, etc. Just a thought.

As to rates, I think a lot depends on what markets and the nature of the work and clients.

Oh wow...adding my voice in. So very sorry Texas Proud.

Hourly wage for a CPA? $100 - $195 an hour depending on whether you are in a city or are rural. It helps to be able to do book keeping for companies. Estates, Government audit work for cities and states are good money as is sitting on county and city boards as a finance officer.

Good luck to you.

Everything has pretty much said everything I would say.

Sorry to hear it, but I suspect this will end up being an opportunity for you and that you will have options.

Sorry to hear of your situation. Where one window closes another opens. You have good skills so I am sure something will turn up. Just keep a positive attitude.

Good luck on the job search. I hope you find something you like better than this last job.

Best of luck to you on this, but at least you have options that others don't. That gives you a lot more wiggle room.

So sorry my friend. Weird, too. You turn around various departments, and yet they kick you to the curb. Perhaps someone at your company is afraid of a clear-eyed truth-teller? People often are.

You seem confident that the boss is helping the company grow, so you will benefit via dividends...without having to work! Sweet!

The dental work sucks, too. Sympathy to your poor wife. I've been going through that. All the misery of the extended dental work itself, and then the bill is presented. Month after month after month. Aaagggh.

Amethyst

Thanks for the thought... it is kind of weird since the boss is a bit skater brained.... his reasoning is that I do not have to work 40 hours and he cannot afford me... but, it is because of me that I do not have to work 40 hours :facepalm:

Yes on my DW... She had two teeth pulled a few months ago.... she just went in for her review and found out that her bone is not good, so now have to shell out $5k to fix that problem... SOOO, she was chewing everything on her other side and a tooth with a crown just broke... the dentist said it could not be saved... so she lost another... Now she will have a bridge put in as she currently does not have back teeth to chew!! So, the implants will be between 6 and 9 months... I do feel sorry for her...

Texas Proud,

Sorry this happened. The sting to the ego will probably be the worst part of it all, and in a short amount of time, you will be contemplating sending the guy a thank you card.

CPA's are like nurses, aren't they? Jobs everywhere. Both very specific skill sets that the rest of us do not possess, yet when we need those services, we really need them! We could really mess things up if we tried our hands at it (least, i could), I bet you easily find a niche while you decide on your next big career move to carry you to the sweet life.

There are a lot of positions out there, but few at my level... I took a pay cut to come here knowing that it would be easy.... I will probably have to take another pay cut with the jobs that I see available... but, I can wait to see if something good comes along... I am in no hurry....

I will say that I thought that I was not stressed by this.... but it has been hard to get to sleep the last couple of nights.... so my body is under stress even if I do not think it is.... but, it will pass... I am a realist and know that there are some things you cannot control....

Been booted out five times over my checkered career, and each time it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. It did not feel that way when it first occurred, but time has shown me otherwise. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear. However, you have a ton of experience and I am sure you will find something soon.

I'll add my condolences. I'm sure that on a strictly analytical basis you'll be fine from what you've said, the stress and near term anxiety will be quite real though. I was caught flat footed in 95 and had to relocate to replicate my salary, 6 months of stress while paying for two kids in college and no where near to considering FI. Went through two jobs before I found the one that fit me; just wasn't a fun time. The good news is that financially it worked out well, and the final job was better than the one lost from a satisfaction standpoint. What no one wants to hear as it seems so trite, but in retrospect it was a real growth and learning experience for me as I look at it in the rear view mirror. Most of my career was dealing with long term secure government employees who I often thought could do well with a dose of the humility and stress that job loss brings. Best advice is to ramp up whatever exercise you enjoy; best stress reliever I know of. Good luck and better times are to come....

I will say that I thought that I was not stressed by this.... but it has been hard to get to sleep the last couple of nights.... so my body is under stress even if I do not think it is.... but, it will pass... I am a realist and know that there are some things you cannot control....
Maybe a good time to take a walk or do some other mild exercise.

I know how stressful such a situation can be even if one is in good financial shape. Kind of shakes the old confidence.

I hope all works out for you in the end! :greetings10:

Unfortunately, bad things happen to good people. You seem like a very experienced and nice person, so I am sure that good things will happen for you soon. Stay positive!

Ouch. Try not to take it personally. Sounds like it was strictly a financial decision.

Like Michael said, you're in a profession with good job prospects, so you should be okay.

There are a lot of positions out there, but few at my level... I took a pay cut to come here knowing that it would be easy.... I will probably have to take another pay cut with the jobs that I see available... but, I can wait to see if something good comes along... I am in no hurry....

IIRC, job loss is right up there with marriage and loss of a loved one as one of the big sources of stress. Judging from your posts on financial matters you seem highly competent to me, so I think you should do just fine. But don't kid yourself you wouldn't be human if this didn't cause you some stress and anger.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom