What Did You Eat Today?

Breakfast: Bran flakes and blueberries and coffee
Lunch: Peanut butter sandwich and an orange andcoffee
Dinner: 2 slices of Sam's Club pizza and a beer (I think the next time that my DH wants pizza from Sam's Club, I will have him get a couple of slices and I will have cereal or eggs. Not a huge fan of the pizza.) Also, had some mixed nuts for a snack.

Breakfast: Cornbeef hash topped with 2 eggs over-easy, wheat toast, milk, and a few cups of coffee.

Lunch: Pastrami & Philly cream cheese on a slice of pumpernickel bread, a glass of milk, and a Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll.

Dinner: Cooking up a big pot of my homemade chicken vegetable noodle soup.

Snacking on nuts, a banana, a couple tangerines, apple sauce, and tomato juice.

Breakfast: Sandwich with thin-sliced ham, an egg over hard, and mozzarella on grilled sourdough, and a few cups of coffee.

Lunch: a couple slices of summer sausage, some tater chips and course-ground horseradish to dip them in.

Dinner: Ham served with steamed sweet peas, and a big helping of taters, parsnips, turnips, & butternut squash all mashed together with some butter, sea salt & black pepper.

And normal snacks of nuts, fruits, and tomato juice.

Breakfast: Whataburger Taquito Combo (sausage, egg, cheese on a flour tortilla) hash browns, diet;) coke.

Lunch: pending...

Supper: pending...

Breakfast: a bowl of quinoa
Lunch: banana and beef jerkey
Dinner: steamed tilapia, kake & carrots

daytime snaks: pretzels and mixed nuts
TV evening snack: wine & cheese

I can't help thinking what a strange thread this is, but I find myself reading it anyway!

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, & jalapeño pepper, a toasted bagel & Philly cream cheese, a glass of milk, and a few cups of coffee.

Lunch: a Hebrew National all beef hotdog on a bun with mustard, some tater chips & French onion dip, and a big glass of tomato juice with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and Italian herb mix.

Dinner: I'm making chicken parmagiana served atop a bed of vermicelli, some garlic bread, a nice mixed green salad with garlic vinaigrette dressing.

My normal snacks of fruits & nuts between meals.....and while I'm cooking!!

Geeezzzzz...I'm gonna have to stay away from this thread for a while. I've gone into diet and exercise full tilt boogie. It will take a while, but I'm excited about the results I should see by summer.

ok, so anyway..

breakfast....nada
lunch...a piece of toast
supper...One pot supper. Consisting of ham, stinky cabbage, whole potatoes, carrots and onions. DH will have buttered cornbread as well, but I'll have to 'just say no'. :'(

Geeezzzzz...I'm gonna have to stay away from this thread for a while. I've gone into diet and exercise full tilt boogie. It will take a while, but I'm excited about the results I should see by summer.

ok, so anyway..

breakfast....nada
lunch...a piece of toast
supper...One pot supper. Consisting of ham, stinky cabbage, whole potatoes, carrots and onions. DH will have buttered cornbread as well, but I'll have to 'just say no'. :'(

Is this the starvation diet? I'd be passed out before supper came if I tried that.

breakfast....nada
lunch...a piece of toast

Is this the starvation diet? I'd be passed out before supper came if I tried that.

I know there is a lot of conflicting info on diets, but it seems pretty consistent that eating a higher % of total calories in the morning will help. I don't think you are doing yourself any favors starving all day.

-ERD50

ok, so anyway..

breakfast....nada
lunch...a piece of toast

Seriously girl! I'd be keelin' over on that amount of food and would not last on that diet. In my humble opinion (not that you asked for it, LOL), please eat a bit more friend! Just worried about ya. :flowers:

I know there is a lot of conflicting info on diets, but it seems pretty consistent that eating a higher % of total calories in the morning will help. I don't think you are doing yourself any favors starving all day.

-ERD50

Seriously girl! I'd be keelin' over on that amount of food and would not last on that diet. In my humble opinion (not that you asked for it, LOL), please eat a bit more friend! Just worried about ya. :flowers:
I appreciate y'all's concern...but believe me, I won't be withering up and blowing away in the breeze. :LOL:

But seriously....y'all are right. My eating habits are reverse to what they should be. I'm a night owl and a late riser.

Most of my eating during the past year or so has been stress eating. Comfort foods were at the top of my list. I ate when I wasn't hungry and it shows.

Right now I'm paying more attention to my body and let it tell me what I need for nutrition. I don't get up early enough for breakfast, so for lunch my plans are eating cereal, light soup or salads. Dinner will consist of a bit larger meal. I'm saying 'bye bye' to sugar....now that's gonna be difficult.

I'm going back to lifting weights. There was a time I could press 150 pounds easily, but not now. Gotta take baby steps starting out again...ahhhh...one day at a time. :)

Wife is out tonight and tomorrow for ministry training near San Antonio. Making myself a pot of beans, rice and ham since she doesn't much care for beans so I can make what I want without regard to what she wants...

Most of my eating during the past year or so has been stress eating. Comfort foods were at the top of my list. I ate when I wasn't hungry and it shows.

I can relate!

I'm saying 'bye bye' to sugar....now that's gonna be difficult.

Hey! I just tried Stevia for the first time this week. It's deemed a healthy sweetener, vs. Splenda, etc. Just an FYI. It's really excellent.

bbbamI, I'm sure you are still 100 percent adorable even after your most stressful year.

I am never hungry in the morning and usually don't eat breakfast, but I might change my ways after reading this article:

The latest weight loss tip: cake for breakfast - The Globe and Mail

The first group ate a low-carb diet, including a 300-calorie breakfast. The other group ate a 600-calorie breakfast high in carbs and protein, and always finished breakfast with a dessert item.

After 16 weeks, both groups had lost an average of 33 pounds. But in the second half of the study, people in the first group had regained an average of 22 pounds. Meanwhile, people in the second group lost an additional 15 pounds. When the study ended after 32 weeks, people who had been chowing down on chocolate cake after the most important meal of the day had lost an average of 40 pounds more than people in the first group.

"Eat dessert first" is always a good mantra!

I can relate!
Yes....you sure can, but you're still our Super Girl....:)
simple girl said:
Hey! I just tried Stevia for the first time this week. It's deemed a healthy sweetener, vs. Splenda, etc. Just an FYI. It's really excellent.
Thank you...I have to remember this! :flowers:
<snip>
I am never hungry in the morning and usually don't eat breakfast, but I might change my ways after reading this article:

"Eat dessert first" is always a good mantra!
Ooooooooh...now I like that idea. Hmmm, breakfast in bed including cake, set the tray aside and roll over and go back to sleep! :LOL:

Yes....you sure can, but you're still our Super Girl....:)

Thank you!

Tonight enjoying steamed fish (over tomatoes, onions, with dill, lemon, and capers) with grilled veggies (broccoli, carmelized onions, and red peppers), and my signature curried sweet potato soup. This is livin'!

I appreciate y'all's concern...but believe me, I won't be withering up and blowing away in the breeze. :LOL:

I'm going back to lifting weights. There was a time I could press 150 pounds easily, but not now. Gotta take baby steps starting out again...ahhhh...one day at a time. :)

bbbamI, Glad to hear your hitting the weights, thats my favorite form of exercise, but I hope your not seeing yourself in the mirror like Tracey Gould did. Lifting requires some fuel to go with it.

Today I had:
Breakfast - bowl of Go Lean Crunch with banana slices on it, small glass of OJ and protein shake
Lunch - ham/cheese sandwich, large apple, and an Oh Yeah bar
Dinner - large bowel of Chilli

plus 2 cups coffee, 1 cup of green tea and about 4 cups of water

tonight I will have a greek yogurt for a snack and probably another protein shake

A picture is worth a 1,000 words.;)

Cherrios & banana, coffee for breakfast

Gumbo for lunch after golf

Bbq sandwich with slaw for dinner. Of course there was a med or two thrown in there along the way. Good thing I get some exercise.

Attachments

• breakfast-cheerios-and-banana1.jpg
    breakfast-cheerios-and-banana1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1
  • gumbo.jpg
    gumbo.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 109
  • bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 109
Today...........

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, banana nut bread and coffee
Lunch: Turkey, peas, sweet potato casserole, corn bread dressing and tea
Dinner: Probably a slim fast shake

Taking the mutt on a 5-6 mile hike tomorrow. Got to work off a few calories.;)

Bran flakes and blueberries and coffee for breakfast. A peanut butter sandwich and coffee for lunch. Nuts and a few multi grain crackers dipped in peanut butter for snack. Dinner: lentil soup with a corn muffin crumbled up in it and water.

Yesterday...
Breakfast: I made pancakes & turkey sausage links.

No Lunch

Dinner: Little Caesar's "Hot & Ready" pepperoni pizza, and a tossed salad.

Today....
Breakfast: Two Burger King ham, egg, and cheese biscuits, and coffee.

Lunch: Two helpings of homemade beef stew, tossed salad, and coffee at the weekly free community meal that is put on by and rotates each week amongst four of our downtown churches. (A nice way to catch up with old friends and meet new folks too!)

Dinner: Probably go to Culver's for frozen custard sundaes!!! :dance:

Strangest day I ever had for eating. Next Tuesday, the 21st, my two grandsons are leaving the nest for good. Oldest one is going into the Navy and the next one is leaving for a job in Austin, TX. This morning we took two dozen doughnuts over to DD house . Everyone was waiting for them. I was bad and had three. After visiting for awhile, DW and I stopped at Sams Club and picked up a few things. While there we both had a chili dog. So, after a few doughnuts and the chili dog, neither of were hungry until later. DW drags out a big bowl of fresh veggies and a dip of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. What a combination for the day. DW offered to make a pizza and I turned that down. My stomach will be doing flips tonight.

It was a tearful goodbye for all. The last time we all left each other was 1989 when we left for Florida and DD and family were leaving for Okinawa. They were gone for three years. Last time we've ever been apart. And now it happens again. Wonder when we will get together again as a family?

Last edited:
Breakfast: pancakes drizzled with some maple syrup, cup of oolong tea.

Lunch: nada

Snack: cup of earl gray tea

Dinner: baby greens salad with vinaigrette dressing, pork tenderloin stewed in tomato sauce with steamed potatoes, glass of white wine, apple for dessert.

Last edited:
We went for a little drive and ate sandwiches. Mine used Carbquik waffles for bread, Lena's used oopsie rolls.

Back
Top Bottom