What Did You Eat Today?

That's a pretty heavy lunch. :)
I thought it was light, no wonder I’m not losing weight. Lol. Actually, I was going to just eat the lentil soup, but then I couldn’t resist on the Lemon chicken. No carbs though. It was eating with cucumber and tomatoes.

We ate at Nandos this summer in Scotland and loved it (we were a bit tired of pub food at that point) thanks for the tip, I will pick some up!

We had never heard of Nando's until this thread. Walking down a street in Dublin we found one! Loved the sauces (Extra-Hot, Hot, and lemon & herb - didn't try the garlic). All were delicious and the chicken was moist and tender. We decided in the future we would buy the sauces and grill our own chicken, because this is what we got for 20 Euros (image may be larger than actual chicken):

Attachments

• NandosChicken.jpg
    NandosChicken.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 18
Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs and a fresh MacIntosh apple

Lunch - small bowl of chili with crackers

Supper (in a couple of hours)- 2 chicken and veggie burritos and a baked MacIntosh apple mmm...

Breakfast: Coffe and a crispbread with Jarlsberg

Dinner: After reading all the burger threads I did a homemade one

I have not eaten at Nando's Peri Peri, but ran across the name of the chain when researching recipes for Portuguese grilled chicken.

I learned to make Peri Peri chicken from this guy on Youtube.

A double double at in-n-out for lunch and going out for mexican for supper.

nothing yet ( apart from the morning meds )

have some blood tests today

( just a shame i don't need to diet )

and the plus side another small amount of cash unspent

Breakfast: coffee / Nature Valley Bar / tomatoes
Lunch: fried potatoes smothered in cheese
Dinner: just made potstickers / rice / spring rolls (tried but my rolling technique is off) / chocolate chip cookies (earned it)

I'm traveling and ate at a popular gourmet taco place. Had a Korean Short Rib taco and a Pork Belly taco. Also their highly recommended tater tots. It was okay but they did not taste like tacos and were not very hot with some aoli sauce rather than salsa. And I really don't get the allure of tater tots. So will stick with my hole in the wall taquerias.

Over the weekend I concocted a bastardized version of the marinade for tandoori chicken, consisting of plain yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, garlic, onion powder, curry seasoning, fennel seeds, caraway seeds, celery seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cayenne pepper. (I think that’s everything...)

Very close to restaurant quality, though probably need even more spice...

Anyway, that was dinner, with rice.

Breakfast was canteloupe, a banana, oatmeal, a hard-baked egg, and a glass of moo.

Lunch was a burger (cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo), cottage cheese, and chips.

Sushi for lunch and sushi for supper.

Nothing till 10 AM or so yesterday- not even coffee. Booo. I had a dental implant placed under general anaesthesia so at least I was unconscious for part of that time!

Stuck to soft foods and finely-chopped, thoroughly-cooked vegetables the rest of the day. I was feeling a little annoyed and then reminded myself that for many people who can't afford dental care, this is how they eat every day. I'm grateful this is temporary.

Yesterday....

Breakfast: Coffee, banana, toast
Lunch: Roast beef, broccoli, sweet potato
Dinner: Catfish po boy washed down with a coupe of beers

Today....hopefully fewer calories ;)

Nothing till 10 AM or so yesterday- not even coffee. Booo. I had a dental implant placed under general anaesthesia so at least I was unconscious for part of that time!

Stuck to soft foods and finely-chopped, thoroughly-cooked vegetables the rest of the day. I was feeling a little annoyed and then reminded myself that for many people who can't afford dental care, this is how they eat every day. I'm grateful this is temporary.
I w*rked with a guy in the sawmill who had no teeth, no dentures either. He'd just gum up whatever his DW put in his lunchbox. This was the 1970s and they ate a lot of pork chops. Remember how people overcooked pork back then? She'd fry them for an hour till they were like jerky.

I thought she did it for revenge of some sort.

Teeth are awesome!

I had pork chops and baked purple yam, something I picked up from the farmers market. Surprisingly it tastes better than regular yam, not as sweet and not as watery. The deep purple must have lots of antioxidant. Plus I picked a Telegraph cucumber from my garden. It was nice and crunchy.

A chili verde wet burrito

We had roast turkey thighs(from Sprouts) served with lettuce and fresh picked cucumber from my garden. Must be the Japanese type, it was so good. So far I’ve picked 5 cucumbers already. Not bad for not start planting these cucumbers from seeds since I’ve got back from my Europe trip.

A few days ago, I picked up some lamb chops at Sprouts. Today, pan fried them with a bit of olive oil and a pinch of dried thyme. Served them on a bed of polenta, with some Brussels sprouts roasted in a bit of butter in an air fryer. The polenta took the most time to make. Deglazed the pan with a bit of red wine, a bit of butter, salt and pepper, then the sauce poured on the polenta.

The meal was washed down with a glass of red wine, poured from a box wine special of Total Wine. The whole meal was awesome, even with that cheap wine. :)

I don't need to win any stinkin' lottery grand prize to live well. And I am not going to win anyway because I buy no tickets.

Back
Top Bottom