What Did You Eat Today?

Breakfast was bacon and eggs with toasted oatnut bread.

Lunch is some leftover Ahi tuna and rice.

Dinner is a rainbow trout I caught this morning and a nice salad.

Breakfast: strawberry and banana smoothie
Lunch: N/A
Dinner: pulled pork (shoulder), fingerling potatoes with parsley, steamed veggies.

This was the first time I made pulled pork, using my tiny slow cooker ($9). It was utterly delicious. I had two helpings, and I have leftovers for at least two more meals.

I made pesto this morning with the last of the summer basil. Also picked up some pumpkins, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, Ambrosia apples, Anjou pears, sage and dill from the farmers’ market that I like. It’s closing for the season this weekend. I see some butternut squash soup in my future. With sage.

Sushi for lunch, BBQ ribs for supper.

During Christmas shopping season in NYC my mom would buy me a little bag of hot roasted chestnuts from a sidewalk vendor, and the flavor has always been one of my most cherished memories.

So I was blown away yesterday when I saw these in Costco.
chestnuts.jpg

Far cheaper than the sidewalk vendor (at least today) and they taste the same as I remember. Heat them up in the toaster oven for a treat.

Family dinner last night--slow roasted ribs and oxtails, then on the smoker to finish.
Along with potatoes, salad and homemade pumpkin bread. Yum.

It's been 11 months since anybody here eats anything. Wow!

I have not had dinner yet, but here's what's for dinner: a salad, followed by pan seared tuna. Of course there has to be some staple dish, meaning carb. For that, a pan of jambalaya is steaming.

I have not had dinner yet, but here's what's for dinner: a salad, followed by pan seared tuna. Of course there has to be some staple dish, meaning carb. For that, a pan of jambalaya is steaming.

Yum, it sounds good! Enjoy your dinner.

For a moment I had a brain fog, what’s jambalaya, so I googled for it. Sound yummy. Is your pan seared tuna still rare inside? That’s how I like mine cooked.
But I thought your wife doesn’t like fish, do I have it right?

I’m having left over El Polo Loco from lunch. I’ve got lots of fresh corns from the farmers market and picked some spices peppers from my garden to go with the El Plo Loco salsa. It had a nice kick.

I ate terrible today. I try to eat healthy but today the wheels came off. Morning was fie, with my morning smoothie. Then for lunch, sloppy joe, bun and all, with chips and a coke and some ice tea, sweetened, of course. Throw in some crap cookies that taste fantastic, and I’m off on a binge. Then we get stuck not knowing what we wanted for dinner and I end up going to a place for a burger and fries. They were high end sliders, so yes, they were good. Then in the evening, I’m outside listening to music and enjoying a fire, and the SIL come to pick up the grand kids and says, “you know what goes good with a fire?” I was hoping for a beer, but he knows I don’t drink much so he hands me “a cold coke”.

I gotta get back on a better diet routine ASAP. I might should even think about working out, beyond the yard work I did today. Oh well, still a very good day.

Hey, don’t feel bad. I had a high end burger yesterday with yam fries for lunch and lobster with potato with herb butter for dinner. I’m eating out tomorrow for lunch. We’re tired of eating at home too.

For a moment I had a brain fog, what’s jambalaya, so I googled for it. Sound yummy. Is your pan seared tuna still rare inside? That’s how I like mine cooked.
But I thought your wife doesn’t like fish, do I have it right?

I’m having left over El Polo Loco from lunch. I’ve got lots of fresh corns from the farmers market and picked some spices peppers from my garden to go with the El Plo Loco salsa. It had a nice kick.
The tuna steak ideally should be rare inside. I had my mother and mother-in-law for dinner, and they do not like rare fish. So I cooked it until the center was still slightly pink, and everybody was happy.

My wife does eat fish, but it has to be good and does not smell fishy. These pieces today were very nice. Just finished dinner. They liked my jambalaya too, although I did not have andouille sausage and used a length of Spanish chorizo my wife dug out from the freezer.

Breakfast: 1 cup coffee with 1 Tbsp sugarfree creamer
Lunch (restaurant): cup of crab and corn chowder with slice of dry toast; water to drink
Snack: 1 Quest protein bar
Dinner: two 1/4 lb hamburger patties, grilled, with mustard only, no bun; water to drink

Breakfast: 1 cup coffee with 1 Tbsp sugarfree creamer
Lunch (restaurant): cup of crab and corn chowder with slice of dry toast; water to drink
Snack: 1 Quest protein bar
Dinner: two 1/4 lb hamburger patties, grilled, with mustard only, no bun; water to drink
No veggies? Off day?

Same almost every morning: grande dark drip with cream @ Starbucks ×2, Nature Valley Sweet & Salty bar, String cheese

Lunch: oatmeal or grilled cheese or PBJ always with tomatoes / carrots

Dinner varies: yesterday we went for chinese
Today: making vegetarian lasagne, bread, ICE CREAM!

Waffles , coffee x4

Lunch 4 day old pizza

Dinner 4 day old pizza again, trying not to get to 5 days

Home made Fettuccini, a really nice Ossobuco, fresh garlic bread and a bottle of Brunello Di Montalcino! We brought the kid's and the nanny and there were no issues.

Grilled fish with onions and herbs. Corn with mozeralla cheese casserole. Salmon roll. We did a sampler of things, ordered a total of 5 dishes for the two of us. Bought home some leftovers that would be dinner for me.

Last edited:
At DD's for Sunday breakfast: ALL CARBS! (Cinnamon Bun, Kolache) Well, the coffee was black.

Of course her and Hubby ran two miles in the morning before we got there and she started baking. :blush: They are both very fit at 38 years old. Us, maybe not as "fit" being over 70. Good thing we don't do this routine daily! :LOL:

Oxtail with lentils and vegetables soup for starter. Butter Lemon chicken as the second course.

Back
Top Bottom