What Did You Eat Today?

Thats my kind of salad. I think the first time I ever ate a chefs salad I was about 35 years old. I didnt know what is was. But we were in a diner and everyone was eating light. So I ordered a chefs salad-a large one. with blue cheese dressing. Well It came out in a bowl the size of a soup tureen, it must have had a pound of cold cuts & meats, another few ounces of cheeses. I was in my glory. :LOL: Now thats a salad.

:2funny::whistle:

So I ordered a chefs salad-a large one. with blue cheese dressing. Well It came out in a bowl the size of a soup tureen, it must have had a pound of cold cuts & meats, another few ounces of cheeses. I was in my glory. :LOL: Now thats a salad.

Yes indeedy!

Normally I don't like traffic, big cities, and crowded places but you make it sound like a trip to NYC might be worth the hassle for a salad like that!

Heading out to sushi bar for lunch, making bacon wrapped large sea scallops on the barbee for supper.

It's Labor Day and one must grill something on Labor Day - :)

One cup of coffee with sugar free creamer for breakfast.

Lunch was a cup of tomato basil soup, which came with a piece of Texas toast on the side. Just water to drink.

That wasn't very filling but that's life. Haven't decided what to have for dinner.

One cup of coffee with sugar free creamer for breakfast.

Lunch was a cup of tomato basil soup, which came with a piece of Texas toast on the side. Just water to drink.

That wasn't very filling but that's life. Haven't decided what to have for dinner.

I lost a pound just reading about this lack of calories.:D

Yesterday when I picked up the BD cake for mom at Sam's, they had a food vendor with sushi. Wow, if I didn't have shrimp and filet planned for the afternoon, I could have eaten their sushi selections all day. I shall return......

Breakfast was a Coffee Nip. DH had one of his awesome smoothies.

Lunch: salad (spring mix greens, grilled rib eye steak and onion, bleu cheese, yellow tomatoes)

Supper: a NY Times recipe: salmon with cilantro sauce, side of rice/green peas.
We do not plan to repeat the recipe. I think the garlic clove I used was a tad too large. :LOL:

Breakfast: buttered toast + tea
Lunch: grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, stir fried zucchini, then key lime pie
Dinner: fruit smoothie

Today was fun.

Breakfast was Steel cut oatmeal, banana, blueberries, and strawberries.

After lifting at the gym we went to a little hole in the wall Mexican place. I had green pork chille. DW a beef burrito.(I'm still teaching her)

Both were amazingly good.

Tonight I made red chille! Haha. Spicy red beef and pork chille with spicy beans!

Tomorrow may be fun?

Last edited:
Breakfast: coffee, crackers, and cheese

Lunch: oatmeal, dried fruit, orange juice

Snack: sherbet

Dinner: pasta fortified with tofu and cheese

Snack: homemade granola bites

Last night I had a fridge clearout. I made a curry with assorted vegetables, quinoa and shrimp, and homemade vegetable stock. I toasted my spices first. Made things up as I went along. Fish sauce? Why not? Coconut milk? Sounds good! Taste and adjust. The result was awesome! Cost about $5 and there are leftovers for tonight's dinner.

For breakfast, I threw a few leftover shrimp into a pan and made a shrimp and basil omelette. It was to die for! I enjoyed it with a slice of "best ever" banana bread (with a few chunks of chocolate in the batter). And coffee, of course. Organic coffee beans.

This morning I made pumpkin scones with cranberries. They turned out great! I had two with my coffee. I skipped lunch. For dinner, I improvised and made a kidney beans and rice casserole with jalapeño and sweet peppers, prosciutto, tomatoes, onions, garlic, beef stock, cilantro, basil and various other things. It’s awesome! Several dinners covered. Very LBYM too. But I will probably be farting all night. :cool:

We had scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast,
leftover fried chicken and potato salad for lunch,
and for dinner- well, I had planned one of our occasional "Friday night happy hours" We live in the middle of nowhere, and there is nowhere to get together with our friends so every once in a while we invite everyone over. Tonight we served salami and cheese and crackers, grilled steak, shrimp, and sausage, salad, loaded mashed potatoes, and pineapple upside down cake. We don't normally serve everyone dinner- usually everyone stays for an hour or two and goes home to their own dinner, but we hadn't had it in a while so...

Beef & veggie Lumpia for lunch and Calamari Dore for supper.

We had scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast,
leftover fried chicken and potato salad for lunch,
and for dinner- well, I had planned one of our occasional "Friday night happy hours" We live in the middle of nowhere, and there is nowhere to get together with our friends so every once in a while we invite everyone over. Tonight we served salami and cheese and crackers, grilled steak, shrimp, and sausage, salad, loaded mashed potatoes, and pineapple upside down cake. We don't normally serve everyone dinner- usually everyone stays for an hour or two and goes home to their own dinner, but we hadn't had it in a while so...

That sounds like you had a great time! Nothing like getting together with friends!

Breakfast: omelette with parsley and goats’ milk cheese, toast, coffee.
Lunch (at the Golf club): flatbread with chorizo, peppers and arugula.
Dinner: steak on the grill, spaghetti squash with pimento, garlic (lots of garlic), mushrooms, lemon juice and Italian seasoning.

At the grocery run this morning, we saw that Sprouts had some prime cuts. I felt like having a steak, plus DW reminded me that we still had a few frozen lobster tails. So, that decided the dinner for today.

Just finished our surf-and-turf dinner. Both steaks and lobster tails cooked on the backyard grill, doused with flavored butter. Darn, it hit the spot.

Rest for a bit now, before going out for a walk around the neighborhood. Walking after the meals is supposed to lower the blood glucose, ya know?

Bad day today, but was dealing with DW and here doc visits and PT schedule.

Breakfast - coffee

Lunch (Denny's) - two eggs, two sausages, one pancake

Dinner (out at the bar - watching games) - chicken strips, fries, water

Later - some ice cream.

No wonder I am gaining some weight :(

Japanese today - Soba noodle topped with home grown herbs & vegies for lunch, and Tempura & Sushi for dinner at a restuarant. Tempura was badly done - soggy, and flavor less. Rice was too tough. Japanese restaurant run by Chinese --- not a good combination.

DH and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch today. I ordered BBQ chicken with vermicelli and I asked the server to hold the vermicelli, and they did it for me! They added some extra lettuce, cukes, etc. in place of the vermicelli so it was more like a chicken salad. I should have asked them to do this long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Breakfast: buttered toast and tea
Lunch: leftover chicken soup (with black beans, kale, corn, and other vegetables)
Dinner: pulled pork sandwich and coleslaw.

Breakfast: two rice cakes with goats’ milk cheese flavoured with figs, topped with slices of red and yellow bell peppers. Coffee.

I’m clearing out the fridge and being creative with the dregs of my last grocery shopping expedition.

We ate at Nandos this summer in Scotland and loved it (we were a bit tired of pub food at that point) thanks for the tip, I will pick some up!

A pox on you all !! Now I can't think of anything else..:)

There is a Nandos near our office.. I guess I know what I am taking home for dinner tonight..:D

must not succumb to the temptation to get some portuguese tarts to go with it for dessert.... :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom