What is a good financial news website?

82-T/A

Recycles dryer sheets
I used to have MarketWatch as my home page... but lately it's become 90% politics and more of a political news website than literally anything to do with investing. It's not horrible if you go to it right this minute, but a good 30-40% of their articles are still strictly political and have absolutely no bearing on financials at this point.

Fox Business has also basically become a complete joke. Even my old favorites like Charles Payne... CNBC, same thing. I recognize that some political things have a direct correlation to stocks and the market... but the vast majority of what's on these main pages does not.

Anyone know of any really good Financial News websites that are not actually political news sites just pretending to be investment websites? This is a serious question.

Thanks!

I just stumbled upon investingchannel.com and it looks pretty good.

I also like bloomberg.com

And my serious answer is - none.

Invest in your chosen AA with a couple of broad index funds, and ignore the noise and go on to more enjoyable and productive activities. No one knows nothin'. Don't waste your time.

-ERD50

I used to have MarketWatch as my home page... but lately it's become 90% politics and more of a political news website than literally anything to do with investing. It's not horrible if you go to it right this minute, but a good 30-40% of their articles are still strictly political and have absolutely no bearing on financials at this point.

Fox Business has also basically become a complete joke. Even my old favorites like Charles Payne... CNBC, same thing. I recognize that some political things have a direct correlation to stocks and the market... but the vast majority of what's on these main pages does not.

Anyone know of any really good Financial News websites that are not actually political news sites just pretending to be investment websites? This is a serious question.

Thanks!

I still watch Varney and Payne, but that's just about it... I'm still able to filter out the bias/bs in those two... The others (e.g. Cavuto) are beyond filtering. Doesn't leave much...

BTW, I liked your earlier post, (another thread) except maybe for the poison ivy encroachment. :) TMI

Last edited:
Hmm... Barchart actually seems pretty good... thanks!

Back
Top Bottom