What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Interesting!
I went looking, I see a few comments that the keys can break, but they also come in three packs, so it is a guesstimate on whether to pay twice as much for the stainless steel version or half as much for 3 and see how long they last. :)

I have the stainless steel ones., Three years now without any failures.

OK, I ordered some more non-perishables just now. TP, protein bars, sugar-free honey, Rice-a-roni. Amazon says all this stuff will be sittin' on my front porch by Friday.

:D

After one of my recumbent trike tires went flat on a recent ride I bought a valve core tool and a few extra valve cores for replacement. They seem to be holding air again.

Cheers!

The basement got flooded during the July's rain and the big casualty was my treadmill.

It was big and bulky and was kept on the basement. Wife is getting older and ask to buy a smaller one to keep upstairs for her. I got this for her, let see how she likes it

THERUN 2.5HP Treadmill, 2 in 1 Under Desk Walking Pad Treadmill, Electric Compact Space Folding Treadmill for Home Office with LED Touch Screen | 0.6-7.6MPH | Wider Running Belt, No Assembly Needed

30lbs of coins, I weighed it! A lot to go thru.

I had some friends over to help move our safe. One of the boxes a friend grabbed and with a grunt exclaims "what in here lead? .. Nope just a few pennies... LOL

What about the strangest or largest stuff? I bought a 5 foot 3 pt tiller to go behind our tractor. Cheaper then local by several hundred dollars, free delivery and 0% interest for a year.
Also got our shake siding for the house.

I have ordered more from Walmart these days as the prices are better than amazon. The last thing I ordered from Amazon was outdoor solar lights.

MSM after doing a forum search for plantar fasciitis. Am also dealing with sciatica and spinal osteoarthritis. Checked the usual MD websites and doesn’t seem to have known side effects. Same day delivery. Worth a try…🤞it makes things better.

Bought a hybrid mattress for my spare bedroom. Everybody is making/selling mattresses these days. (everybody = China)

What could be more exciting than a replacement dryer vent cover?

https://www.amazon.com/calimaero-hwg-100-4-Inch/dp/B01MA52QXF?th=1

How about a Bucket Boss? That may slightly eclipse a dryer vent cover. :)

I'm struggling with tool boxes/bags. Having used other people's tools from one of these, I'm going to give it a try. It was "free" to me since I used blood donation points.

61BlhCXwyIL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Toothpaste and toothbrush for my kitty cat. She went to a meet and greet with a new vet and, although she has a minor amount of tartar at 12 years old, it's time to start a brushing routine. She lets me clip her claws. We'll see how brushing goes.

Actually, I was excited to see they come in stainless steel. I just replaced a plastic one that had crumbled, and all I found in the big box stores were plastic (see how useful a link is!).

-ERD50

Good to see how nicely you showed Midpack your appreciation for his post.

I have ordered more from Walmart these days as the prices are better than amazon.
Me too. One thing I'll say about Amazon though, they typically pack things better than Walmart for shipping. Today I got a shipment from Walmart and there was no packing material at all. The product was just tossed in a Walmart box "as is" to bounce around during shipment. Fortunately it made it undamaged. Not the first time this has happened either.

Last edited:
Finally got tired of wasting half of the toothpaste. The tin/aluminum tubes of the past allowed one to roll up the tube as it emptied. The new plastic tubes don;t roll up, so you have to re-squeeze the entire tube all the time until you just give up and toss it with half the contents still in place.... these little gizmos work fine - penny saved... :LOL:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFQXRCZV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Thanks for the link, euro! Next day delivery. It works and won't scratch or chip anything if dropped. A time- and thumb- saver. 👍👍

Several boxes of Band-Aid brand of band-aids, the "flexible fabric" kind. Drug stores and grocery stores seem to never have the sizes we want, so I just ordered a whole bunch of them in various sizes to stock up. We will then be prepared for anything short of arterial bleeding. Hopefully now that we'll have plenty Murphy's Law works on this and we'll never need them.

Also a refill bottle of 409 spray cleaner.

Cable lock where I can set my own combination.

Attachments

• cable lock.jpg
    cable lock.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
2024 Calendars. Gotta start planning all those trips! And long term doctor/dentist visits lol.

2 TVS. One of them arrived yesterday and we had someone at our house to install it. First problem was that the power cord was missing (packing inside box had been cut open to take the cord out). We found a spare cord around the house and plugged in the TV. Second problem. The screen looked like a spider web and was completely shattered. Sigh. UPS is picking up tomorrow and a replacement will arrive the next day....

Tomorrow may well be my last day on this earth.

I ordered two gag gifts for DW's nephew and his wife (who we will see on Thanksgiving) but I plan to try them out on DW first. One is the tired old "useless box" that is nothing but a small box with a switch on top. When someone flips the switch, the box lid opens, a hand pops out and flips the switch back, and pops back into the box. My father had one of those back in the 1960's so it is not a new gag. This will be a minor curiosity to DW.

The other is more serious. This one is also a plain box with a sliding lid on top. When you slide the lid open, about halfway open a big black spider pops out. Now, she is not arachnophobic (afraid of spiders) but she is firmly convinced that the only good bug is a dead bug and she does harbor a stronger dislike of spiders than most other insects.

I will leave these two toys on the dining room table and then disappear into the downstairs shop. It is possible she will hunt me down and strangle me.:)

^^^^^
Well in such an event, it's good to know there's a few new mods that can take up the slack. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom