What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bra straps showing? Seems redundant to me. Either get a topless bra or a top that covers the shoulders. If you can't wear a topless bra, then nature is deciding for you!

A topless bra would be no bra I would think. Perhaps you mean a strapless bra.
And yes....nature has a way of deciding for you if you can wear that. Reminds of Joan Rivers saying 'I hate getting pedicures because my boobs get in the way."

Bras used to be ugly utilitarian monstrosities. Now they are pretty, and pretty comfortable. And while I'm not the type to flaunt it by any means, I definitely am not concerned if a bra strap is peeking out.

And we don't get cranky when we get attention. We get cranky when we get harassed. My bra strap is not an invitation for men to abuse me or anybody to judge me, yet somehow that's how it's treated.

If a centimeter thick piece of fabric is bothering you, maybe just look away? And think about what's so offensive about it?

Peeve=minor annoyance.

OTOH tattooed ladies, everytime I see I see one, am reminded of Groucho's signature song: Lydia the tattooed lady. ;)

Peeve=minor annoyance.

OTOH tattooed ladies, everytime I see I see one, am reminded of Groucho's signature song: Lydia the tattooed lady. ;)

But this thread is about pet peeves
IMG_5028.JPG

Women's bra straps hanging out.

For the past few years, I became aware of the skimpy tops they wear, sporting often contrasting color bra straps hanging out.

Guess I am just old fashioned, thinking underwear means..... not visible.

Or are they just trolling for attention? Then get cranky when they get it?

Late DW would never leave the house in that fashion.

OK, I'll out myself. I like the extra straps visible on the shoulder. Very hot, IMHO. Hanging out to the side? No.

OK, I'll out myself. I like the extra straps visible on the shoulder. Very hot, IMHO. Hanging out to the side? No.
Each to his own. I could never understand thinking garters are sexy.

Women who wear shoes that are either unsuitable for the flooring or terrain, uncomfortable, and damaging to their feet or legs simply because they feel the shoes are attractive and stylish.

Why risk a bad fall, a bad break, or future foot issues simply for this? Foolish to say the least.

DW will carry her stylish shoes in a large handbag and switch with her runners. "Beauty is duty!"

The Wisconsin Department of Transportation charges me a ""convenience fee" for renewing my license plate using a credit card online. So are they charging me because it's more convenient for me? Or more convenient for them. If it's more "convenient" for me, that should be my business. If it's more "convenient" for them, then I should be getting a discount and not having to have to pay more. I would think they would say, "if you are mailing in this notice with a personal check, please add five dollars for an 'inconvenience fee.'"

Last edited:
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation charges me a ""convenience fee" for renewing my license plate using a credit card online. So are they charging me because it's more convenient for me? Or more convenient for them. If it's more "convenient" for me, that should be my business. If it's more "convenient" for them, then I should be getting a discount and not having to have to pay more. I would think they would say, "if you are mailing in this notice with a personal check, please add five dollars for an 'inconvenience fee.'"

Nope, it is the charges that the CC company receives.... since this is a 'tax', the gvmt has to collect 100% of it to pay their bills... they have made it 'convenient' for you to pay online with a CC instead of having to go there in person and paying by check or cash...

I would have thought that everyone knew that a convenience fee was just to help the vendor recover their incremental costs of offering credit card payment rather than absorbing the charge... if it bothers you so much just do old fashioned way via USPS.

People who let their dogs run loose and jump up on other people or dogs, or bring their pitbulls over to meet your little snickers bar of the dog world sized dog even after you have asked them politely not to do that. We went to a different park yesterday so now we know to avoid the place but it is too bad because it has a very nice nature center and stream trail. On the plus side, at the parks in the city where we live we rarely have any issues with irresponsible dog owners, so we're grateful for that.

Last edited:

Next time, go to the BMV (or DMV or whatever it's called), stand in line and then pay your bill with a stack of one dollar bills with one of the "tellers." It'll cost you more time and not save much money but at least you'll show them what convenience (for them) is not. Alternately, just pay the $2 and be thankful you no longer have to go to the BMV/DMV. YMMV

That they have taken towels out of bathrooms and put underpowered blowers in. I don't mind when there is a blower that really blasts but some of them are just jokes and it would take hours to dry one's hands.

That they have taken towels out of bathrooms and put underpowered blowers in. I don't mind when there is a blower that really blasts but some of them are just jokes and it would take hours to dry one's hands.

And some very talented salesman has convinced a lot of people to purchase the automatic towel dispenser that you wave your hand in front of (?saves paper? Vs cost of electricity and machine and maintenence?).

You want to install something automatic in a bathroom? How about a door that opens BY PUSH or at least one that opens when you step on a mat or in front of a sensor so I don't have to use my freshly washed hand to PULL on a door handle touched by all those idiots who did NOT wash theirs?

+1 on the bathroom comments. And there never seems to be a flat clean surface to put anything on so you have to hold whatever it is while there. The best setup would be to have automatic paper towel dispensers and a garbage can somewhere near so you can toss the towel in after you use it to open the door.

The door to the bathroom in the Delta Sky Club at our airport has an attachment that let you open it with your foot from the inside. That's the only place I've seen such a thing, but it shows that they are available.

The door to the bathroom in the Delta Sky Club at our airport has an attachment that let you open it with your foot from the inside. That's the only place I've seen such a thing, but it shows that they are available.

I have seen it in a few places here in Houston.... plus, a number of places have doors that open out so you can just lean on them...

I am not a germaphobe so I do not care......

The Keg restaurant in Canada has wave sensors to open bathroom doors. I do agree though that the simple to solution is to make bathroom doors 'Push' on exit. Duh! This is fire code for exit doors on commercial buildings anyway. And they need to start putting a waste bin right by the 'Pull' door as everyone has caught on and there is an ever growing pile of paper towels there that people have used to open the door!

I have seen it in a few places here in Houston.... plus, a number of places have doors that open out so you can just lean on them...

I am not a germaphobe so I do not care......

Germaphobe,,what's the point of washing and drying your hands after using a public bathroom when the person in front of you might have decided hand-washing was optional...the majority of ladies rooms I use have paper towels and a garbage can placed within tossing distance of the door.

"Whatever you do.....don't breathe." :LOL:

(Howard Hughes was a germaphobe....spent most of his life trying to avoid them, not shaking hands with people, etc........I've already outlived him.)

Last edited:
I think I'm the only person that liked those dispensers that rolled out actual cloth towel in public restrooms. (Much) faster than a blower, no paper towel trash. I suspect people thought they weren't sanitary, but there aren't many microbes that can survive a hot, soapy, bleach bath and 30 minutes in a 170 deg F dryer. But I haven't seen one of those machines in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom