What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I thought it referred to the gesture towards the sticker that the Wal Mart greeter makes when you ask what something costs. :facepalm:

So you can be peeved that the term is inappropriately used, but you cannot legitimately be peeved that it exists.
Since when is peevishness expected to be legitimate?

Ha

Except that “price point” is a legitimate term in business, with a specific meaning. So you can be peeved that the term is inappropriately used, but you cannot legitimately be peeved that it exists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_point

I can be and am peeved. Same way I'm peeved that 'actionable' has become a buzzword that is used in corpspeak. Happily peeving without your consent, Meadbh. :)

I’m peeved that “gift” has become a verb (yes, I’m aware this actually has a long history but I’m still peeved).

The phrase “the optics of the situation aren’t good” is simply annoying. What’s wrong with “it doesn’t look good?”

Pumpkin spice has just gone too far

IMG_8779.jpg

My pet peeve of the day is Facebook trying to read my mind again and then pushing feeds that FB thinks I want to read. Example, I must have clicked on something about the Miami Dolphins. Now FB things I'm a big Dolphins fan and has pushed several feeds to me over the past few days :mad:.

I can be and am peeved. Same way I'm peeved that 'actionable' has become a buzzword that is used in corpspeak. Happily peeving without your consent, Meadbh. :)

Peeving as a verb is an example of the underground verbing movement. :LOL:

Errors such as inappropriate apostrophes drive me nuts too but only when they appear in printed or otherwise published material. Skipping an editor or proofreader is just wrong.

My pet peeve today is gifts that are not acknowledged .

Oh, yes. That's a signal to me to stop sending gifts.

A year ago we traveled to a family wedding that was canceled a month before. We had paid for all our expenses in advance and had family there so we went anyways.

Three weeks later we got an email that the couple had eloped. I had sent a gift card to the bridal shower a month earlier and had gotten a thank you note.

Since they really did get married after all I sent a wedding card and $50 check. I didn't feel obligated to send anything bigger, I felt we had done enough already.

Check was promptly cashed but never acknowledged.

That's it, I'm done with this couple.

The groom's brother recently got married at a judge's office. This nephew never acknowledged the college graduation check I sent him last year.

Again, I'm done.

Last edited:
People who speak so loudly indoors it hurts my ears. We went to an open house today and there was a husband/wife team of realtors there. Each of them was essentially screaming. We figured they must both be suffering from hearing loss that’s only getting worse with time.

My current pet peeve is that damn T-Mobile/Netflix commercial. The one where they start with a sequence of repeating 'catch tones' for the advertisers that alternate...it is annoying as hell.

People who speak so loudly indoors it hurts my ears. We went to an open house today and there was a husband/wife team of realtors there. Each of them was essentially screaming. We figured they must both be suffering from hearing loss that’s only getting worse with time.

You are describing DH and our daughter's hubby and father in law. Those three men could knock a house's walls down with the decibels they put out when they have a three way discussion, always friendly. I can remind DH to use his indoors voice but not the others. I seriously dread our get-togethers because I always leave with a major headache.

Today my pet peeve is the admonishment, "stay in your own lane," which apparently is what the cool people say instead of "mind your own business." I heard a broadcaster use it several times last night about an outspoken public figure's reaction to something in the news this week. The term didn't even make sense in the context he was using it but I guess he felt supertrendy saying it.

My pet peeve of the day: people who go hiking while playing loud music. It is a thing apparently, as I have now seen in done half a dozen times in multiple locations. Find a really quiet place (hiking trail, nature preserve, etc...) and blare music out of a boombox. Nice way to ruin the peace and enjoyment of nature for everyone else.:mad:

My pet peeve of the day: people who go hiking while playing loud music. It is a thing apparently, as I have now seen in done half a dozen times in multiple locations. Find a really quiet place (hiking trail, nature preserve, etc...) and blare music out of a boombox. Nice way to ruin the peace and enjoyment of nature for everyone else.:mad:

I used to run regularly on a trail that was for both pedestrians and bicycles. There was often a guy who rode his bike at the same time and he had a boombox about a cubic foot in size in the basket attached to his handlebars. He played his music at top volume and rode slowly -- you could hear him at least a quarter mile away and the trail was just a three mile loop.

It drove me nuts, so one day I stopped him and offered to buy him a pair of headphones "because nobody else wants to hear your music and it's really loud."

He got very angry, but didn't say a word and kept on going. I don't go there any more.

I used to run regularly on a trail that was for both pedestrians and bicycles. There was often a guy who rode his bike at the same time and he had a boombox about a cubic foot in size in the basket attached to his handlebars. He played his music at top volume and rode slowly -- you could hear him at least a quarter mile away and the trail was just a three mile loop.

It drove me nuts, so one day I stopped him and offered to buy him a pair of headphones "because nobody else wants to hear your music and it's really loud."

He got very angry, but didn't say a word and kept on going. I don't go there any more.

I wish I was there, Id follow him with an air horn, the kind you bring to the basketball games. I would ruin his day.:D

People that call me and don't leave any message. Most are telemarketers with no caller ID. These are just annoying. Next category is sales people that I would generally prefer to maintain the relationship to meet needs in the future. These people are ruining any chance to sell me in the future. I opened an account with a local broker that specializes in muni bonds and they call every couple of months pushing a specific issue. My rep has no personality. I started screening these calls and I'm close to transferring these bonds to Fido. I believe if the call is important they should leave a message even if it's just "this is so and so just checking in...". Fido does this. Final category is a few people I know that expect a return call just because I see a missed call from them. Not gonna happen!

Home Depot sending boxed items by itself and not with an exterior box. They aren't doing that good a job of copying Amazon in this department.

The introvert in me really doesn't want all my neighbors to know my shopping habits.

The HP printer I bought a few months ago. Printed at least 5 pages before it's saying it's outa ink.

The HP printer I bought a few months ago. Printed at least 5 pages before it's saying it's outa ink.

Followed by the fact that it's cheaper to buy another printer than a new ink cartridge. :(

I didn't believe the pumpkin spice dog treats until I Googled it and sure enough, they're offered on all the major pet supply websites. Too funny.

Personally, I only tried the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte once and just about gagged as it was so incredibly sweet. To each their own, I suppose. While not a pet peeve of the day, I do just shake my head at all these people in Charbucks drinking their "coffees" that actually have very little coffee at all under the massive volumes of whipped cream and sprinkles.

SURVEYS!!

Jeez, every time I do the simplest thing nowadays it seems like a company wants me to fill out a survey about my "experience". Really you want a critique of how I purchased toilet paper.

I called my insurance company yesterday to get a replacement card. today, 3 surveys from them.
Amazon every time you buy something it seems like you get a survey.

ENOUGH with the surveys!

ENOUGH with the surveys!

From your experience, would you say that that's:

- Inadequately Enough

- Moderately Enough

- Satisfactorily Enough

- Goldilocks & The Three Bears 'Just Right' Excessively Enough

- Plain Excessively Enough

- Overly Excessively Enough

Select all that apply before moving on to the next segment....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom