Not open for further replies.
From your experience, would you say that that's:

- Inadequately Enough

- Moderately Enough

- Satisfactorily Enough

- Goldilocks & The Three Bears 'Just Right' Excessively Enough

- Plain Excessively Enough

- Overly Excessively Enough

Select all that apply before moving on to the next segment....

:LOL::2funny::2funny:

Don't make me beat you!!

SURVEYS!!

Jeez, every time I do the simplest thing nowadays it seems like a company wants me to fill out a survey about my "experience". Really you want a critique of how I purchased toilet paper.

I called my insurance company yesterday to get a replacement card. today, 3 surveys from them.
Amazon every time you buy something it seems like you get a survey.

ENOUGH with the surveys!

To add on... that some surveys (thinking of manufacturers after-service surveys of car dealerships but I am sure that there are others) consider anything less than a 10 as a "bad" score... so the CSRs inform you of that because they undstandably don't want to get harrassed for a less than perfect score.... I just don't do them anymore.

SURVEYS!!

Jeez, every time I do the simplest thing nowadays it seems like a company wants me to fill out a survey about my "experience". Really you want a critique of how I purchased toilet paper.

I called my insurance company yesterday to get a replacement card. today, 3 surveys from them.
Amazon every time you buy something it seems like you get a survey.

ENOUGH with the surveys!

This one place sent me a survey in the mail with a dollar bill. Said if I returned it they would send $5. I figured what the heck, I answered it in less than a minute, not by reading the questions but making a pattern out of the answers. About 10 days later I did receive the $5 bill, along with a note saying they would call and if I could answer a few questions on the phone they would send me $10. They have called a couple of times but I have not answered, I'm still debating if I want the $10 that badly. At least it would be cold hard cash and not a gift card or coupon. :)

There's also a well known case where a misplaced comma in a legal document, which changed the entire contract, cost one company a substantial amount of money.

Don't know if this is the one you are referring to, but it was a $10 million dispute.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/oxford-comma-lawsuit.html

The debate over commas is often a pretty inconsequential one, but it was anything but for the truck drivers. Note the lack of Oxford comma — also known as the serial comma — in the following state law, which says overtime rules do not apply to:

The canning, processing, preserving, freezing, drying, marketing, storing, packing for shipment or distribution of:

(1) Agricultural produce;

(2) Meat and fish products; and

(3) Perishable foods.

Does the law intend to exempt the distribution of the three categories that follow, or does it mean to exempt packing for the shipping or distribution of them?

People who wear an excessive amount of perfume/cologne especially when you are in tight quarters and can not move. I was on a 3 hour flight last week and was seated next to a woman with a very strong perfume. It really messes with my allergies.
It is also annoying in a restaurant - I want to smell the food not your perfume. ok that was my rant for the day!

For the first time ever, Vanguard is the subject of my pet peeve today. They are PESTERING me to proxy vote. I have been ignoring requests to proxy vote on my investments for 30 years and I'm not going to start now. I don't have a clue as to who any of these people are that I am supposed to vote for.

But every time I log in, there's at least one big ad requesting my proxy vote and it covers up everything until I find the x and get rid of it. Then yesterday I got a phone call from them (I tried to be polite despite the pestering and told them to pound sand in the most polite, genteel way I could manage. :LOL:) . Now today I got a big package in the mail requesting my proxy vote.

:mad:

For the first time ever, Vanguard is the subject of my pet peeve today.
Me, too. Vanguard got me the other day, saying they were going to invalidate my check writing privileges on my money market account because I had not written a check in a while. They had a link to follow if I wanted an extension, but the link led nowhere. I contacted them via email and their answer was "call us". I replied. "I don't have these problems with Fidelity, so fix it, dammit". Next email was , "OK check writing extended".

For the first time ever, Vanguard is the subject of my pet peeve today. They are PESTERING me to proxy vote. I have been ignoring requests to proxy vote on my investments for 30 years and I'm not going to start now. I don't have a clue as to who any of these people are that I am supposed to vote for.

But every time I log in, there's at least one big ad requesting my proxy vote and it covers up everything until I find the x and get rid of it. Then yesterday I got a phone call from them (I tried to be polite despite the pestering and told them to pound sand in the most polite, genteel way I could manage. :LOL:) . Now today I got a big package in the mail requesting my proxy vote.

:mad:

Pestering is right! I already voted and I stlll get the constant proxy vote reminders...

I allowed some jerk to get me riled. I was in line at the grocery store and went back for an item. There was a lady ahead of me so plenty of time.

When I came back, my cart was moved and some clown was putting his stuff on the belt! The lady that was ahead of me was still there, bagging and paying.

I loudly said "what the F"(I only said the f) buy he wouldn't look at me. I was fuming through his transaction. I waited till he was a ways towards the door and hollered "you're welcome for cutting ahead of me"

The cashier apologized for the guy. Told me he knew what the guy did but didn't feel right calling him on it. We had a good laugh.

I allowed some jerk to get me riled. I was in line at the grocery store and went back for an item. There was a lady ahead of me so plenty of time.

When I came back, my cart was moved and some clown was putting his stuff on the belt! The lady that was ahead of me was still there, bagging and paying.

I loudly said "what the F"(I only said the f) buy he wouldn't look at me. I was fuming through his transaction. I waited till he was a ways towards the door and hollered "you're welcome for cutting ahead of me"

The cashier apologized for the guy. Told me he knew what the guy did but didn't feel right calling him on it. We had a good laugh.

Aren’t you retired with all the time in the world?

That guy’s pet peeve is people who get in line at the grocery store and then just leave their cart.... 😂

Stealership's bogus charges.

So I am getting lazy and/or have too much money. My 2006 pickup had leaking rear brake cylinders. Give it to the convenient dealer a few miles down the road, they give taxi service and home delivery after the job. Get a call, brake shoes are cracked too. Maybe true at 130K miles, I bite, OK fix it.

They bring the truck home, I give them a check. Notice big pink sticker on the repair order/bill, saying anything less than a stellar feedback is considered a failure by them. Well, that is a good reason to scrutinize the bill :).

There is a the line of 2.1 HRs $95/Hr, for replacing brake cylinders, then the line of 1.4 Hrs for replacing brake shoes. Weeeeellll. That is a load of crap. The previous line of 2.1 Hrs includes removing and replacing the brake shoes, else can not replace the cylinders. So in effect they are charging 1.4 Hrs for unboxing a set of shoes. I call the shop expressing my displeasure at being ripped off. The service writer promptly fesses up to a mistake, and offers to send me a check for the bogus charges.

Needless to say they will not get a glowing satisfied customer review. Did explain to them that I don't mind paying top dollar for quality work and chauffeuring me plus home delivery, but will not accept ripoff.

So thus far the check is in mail. Heh, will see. I am composing the review, which will go to their HQ questionnaire and to Carfax which keeps pestering me for a review of "How was your recent experience at XYZ delership". Likely a heading: The good, the bad and the ugly. And a rating of around 2 out of 5.

Edit ADD: Got refund check in today's mail. Maybe I'll give them a 3.

Last edited:
I get peeved at all these surveys in general (I think it was discussed earlier?) but especially peeved when they demand a 5/5 rating. Dear Nephew, who works in these sorts of jobs, told me that in general they are expected to always get a 5/5 or they get in big trouble.

Not my problem. IF I'm going to complete a survey, I'll do it honestly.

Aren’t you retired with all the time in the world?

That guy’s pet peeve is people who get in line at the grocery store and then just leave their cart.... 😂
Probably right. If I see him again I'll have to apologize for making him move my cart to butt ahead. 🤣

Sorry, I'm gonna be the devils advocate and say I'm with the other guy.

If people leave a line, that's it. They're out. Why not take their cart with them and get back in line when they came back ? Whenever that might be. I've had to wait 5 minutes for people to wander back with whatever it is they forgot while the rest of us have to wait behind their abandoned cart.

Why does the rest of the world have to wait for them to run their errands ? Smacks a little of self importance or entitlement to me. Which is a pet peeve of mine.

Probably right. If I see him again I'll have to apologize for making him move my cart to butt ahead. ��

I don’t really think he butted ahead.... For all he knew you went home to get your wallet. Unless you left a sign on your cart with a little clock that said “back in __ minutes.”

I think there was a Seinfeld show about Jerry? George? being asked by a random guy to watch his stuff because he would be right back. Hijinks ensued.

Last edited:

If you were in front of me and left to go get something and did not have someone else there minding your cart or mention what you were doing I would do the same...

How is someone supposed to know what you are doing... and it appears you were gone long enough for him to put stuff on the belt... so it was either full when you left or you did not put anything on it...

BTW, you could have been fed up and just left... or you were going for more than one item and would not be back for many minutes...

Just saying.....

Edit to add... I see others have said the same thing...

Last edited:
Today's rant is credit scoring. I was on my Amex account and took a quick look at my FICO score and noticed a 10 point drop since a couple of months ago. Granted, it's still over 800, but it's still annoying that the sole "negative" comment was this:

Your credit report shows no recent non-mortgage loans (such as auto or student loans) or sufficient recent information about your loans. Having a loan along with other types of credit demonstrates that you are able to manage a variety of credit types.

How about by not HAVING a variety of credit types, this shows financial responsibility? Oye...so annoying.

Today's rant is credit scoring. I was on my Amex account and took a quick look at my FICO score and noticed a 10 point drop since a couple of months ago. Granted, it's still over 800, but it's still annoying that the sole "negative" comment was this:

Your credit report shows no recent non-mortgage loans (such as auto or student loans) or sufficient recent information about your loans. Having a loan along with other types of credit demonstrates that you are able to manage a variety of credit types.

How about by not HAVING a variety of credit types, this shows financial responsibility? Oye...so annoying.

Don’t sweat the small stuff. That helps my blood pressure to drop ten points. I’ll take that over an insignificant credit score drop any day!

Were your credit card balances higher than normal? That has dropped my score before...

The normal drivel they put down for most people I do not even read.... it means nothing to my situation... you should ignore it also....

Were your credit card balances higher than normal? That has dropped my score before...

The normal drivel they put down for most people I do not even read.... it means nothing to my situation... you should ignore it also....

Nope. Balances were less than 1% of available credit... $785 out of $180,000'ish available credit.

But yes, in the grand scheme of things, I don't really care. As long as I can still churn the cards for cash back and my insurance rates aren't affected, then I am happy. :D

Speaking of surveys

Yesterday at 8:05 AM, our new dishwasher gets delivered. The guy wheels it in a drops it off the dolly onto the kitchen floor. I quickly mention to him that if he cracked a tile, they would be replacing the flooring. He just ignores my comment.

As he is heading for the door with the old dishwasher at 8:07 AM on the dolly, he mentions a survey will be forthcoming and I should rate all the categories a "5" as it's important to the delivery crew (him?) that "5's" mean good things.

About ten minutes after they are gone, I get a call with the survey. Recorded voice spits out rules, questions, etc and says use my numerical pad to score from 1 - 5, 5 being the best score. Five questions, I scored 1 on each one.

Last edited:
I think there was a Seinfeld show about Jerry? George? being asked by a random guy to watch his stuff because he would be right back. Hijinks ensued.
We were on the beach in PV and this guy we were chatting with asked us to mind his King Charles Cavalier dog. He was gone for over an hour. When he got back, we were very gracious. Have since become good friends.

At least he trusted us with his precious dog.

Someone on this forum recently pointed out that whenever you get your credit score they are required to list a few reasons for any change, both pro and con. For most of us, those are just generic comments included more or less randomly.

Someone on this forum recently pointed out that whenever you get your credit score they are required to list a few reasons for any change, both pro and con. For most of us, those are just generic comments included more or less randomly.

Really? Finally, something that explains the utter nonsense I've been bothered by all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom