What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pay with cash at checkout at most stores, and they ask for phone numbber!

Clock Radio Alarms That Default to Midnight

After a power outage, our projection clock maintains the time, but turns off the projection. I noticed this as we were getting into bed last night.

I got up to fix it, and in the dark, I pushed the wrong button before pushing the button that turns on the projection. "I hope I didn't turn on an alarm," I said to Lena.

I didn't wake up until 12:08 AM—after eight minutes of the alarm sound in my dreams. When I figured out what had happened, I got up to disable the alarm, needing glasses, light, and flashlight. Because every clock radio seems to have its own interface (not standard), it took me a long time to figure out how to disable the alarm (two alarms, actually Alarm 1 and Alarm 2).

It would be smarter for them to have the alarm default to, say, 11 AM.

After a power outage, our projection clock maintains the time, but turns off the projection. I noticed this as we were getting into bed last night.

I got up to fix it, and in the dark, I pushed the wrong button before pushing the button that turns on the projection. "I hope I didn't turn on an alarm," I said to Lena.

I didn't wake up until 12:08 AM—after eight minutes of the alarm sound in my dreams. When I figured out what had happened, I got up to disable the alarm, needing glasses, light, and flashlight. Because every clock radio seems to have its own interface (not standard), it took me a long time to figure out how to disable the alarm (two alarms, actually Alarm 1 and Alarm 2).

It would be smarter for them to have the alarm default to, say, 11 AM.

Alarm? What is this you speak of? :dance:

Our new neighbor, working on his vehicle at 1:00 AM. Don't hear a thing but his garage light is on. Only light in the entire neighborhood that's on. Really messes up the night sky.

Our new neighbor, working on his vehicle at 1:00 AM. Don't hear a thing but his garage light is on. Only light in the entire neighborhood that's on. Really messes up the night sky.

We have a neighbor that leaves his outside lights on day and night.

Chuck roast is now just as expensive as a lot of the other cuts. Chuck roast used to be the cheapest cut out there, for beef. Maybe since chuck roast has a lot of fat and fat used to be 'bad' for you, but now is 'good' for you, or so the new buzz goes. Takes some of the fun out of pot roast.

Cell Phones and people who call from public places to talk about nothing because they are bored.

The conversation is always distracted by what's going on around them and they listen to approx. 50% of what is being said. As well, it becomes a chore just hearing what they are saying due to background noise.

That is not "conversation" in my book.

I'm pretty much done with that and just hang up politely these days.

:)

Last edited:
LOL...now I'm beginning to sense some possibilities in the midst of my irritation.

Thanks for that.

I LOVE going off script with people !

Q: Did you find everything you needed?

A: I found the duct tape and the rope...Do you sell axes, plastic sheeting and shovels? Oh, and I also need bleach and some quick-lime. Do you have those?

Watch their little heads spin as they realize they asked you a question and you actually responded with an answer rather than an overused platitude .

Even more fun to watch the expressions when you see they have grasped the content of your response.

Time to go throw some rocks off the Overpass...

Last edited:
I LOVE going off script with people !

Telco, Banks, etc......"Your call is being recorded for 'training purposes'"......so I ask "What are you training me for?".

"Huh?"

The absolute obsession with their cell phones (in their hand) that most people these days seem to have. I can't go to dinner with friends without 2-3 of them surfing facebook, and showing memes to everyone. This isn't mentioning the loud conversations they have in tight spaces without a single care of privacy.

Cell Phones and people who call from public places to talk about nothing because they are bored.

The conversation is always distracted by what's going on around them and they listen to approx. 50% of what is being said. As well, it becomes a chore just hearing what they are saying due to background noise.

That is not "conversation" in my book.

I'm pretty much done with that and just hang up politely these days.

Chickens cluck, pigs oink, dogs bark, cows moo, people talk. Most of the time they all say the same thing. A whole lot of nothing!

Wobbly restaurant tables

Every single table in every restaurant I have been to out of the last 5 was wobbly.
EVERY. SINGLE. TABLE.

It’s not just annoying, it results in spills.
Seems there is a market to sell some cheap little wedges to restaurants around the country to solve this very common problem.

Chuck roast is now just as expensive as a lot of the other cuts. Chuck roast used to be the cheapest cut out there, for beef. Maybe since chuck roast has a lot of fat and fat used to be 'bad' for you, but now is 'good' for you, or so the new buzz goes. Takes some of the fun out of pot roast.

I think skirt steak also was once a
Cheap cut that is now very costly.
Supply and Demand.

Every single table in every restaurant I have been to out of the last 5 was wobbly.
EVERY. SINGLE. TABLE.

Seems there is a market to sell some cheap little wedges to restaurants around the country to solve this very common problem.

They do, they just do not care.... or unwilling to cough up the dough...

EVERY. SINGLE. TABLE.

We won't put up with that, either.

Usually I ask the waitress very sweetly if there is something they can do about it, and then the staff will wedge it with something. If they didn't, I think we would probably leave and eat elsewhere.

My pet peeve of the day is people that do not think stop signs apply to them. Once in a while, sure, but lately it seems like about 50% do not stop or even slow down at stop signs any more.

EVERY. SINGLE. TABLE.

It's because it's a 4 leg table, to allow 4 diners. A three legged table won't wobble or teeter, but it's hard to sit 4 people at the table.:confused:

It's because it's a 4 leg table, to allow 4 diners. A three legged table won't wobble or teeter, but it's hard to sit 4 people at the table.:confused:

Continuing this analysis, it is clear we need an N legged table. The mathematical proof is quite trivial.

Stupid alarm clock app apparently I need to have an alarm set for Monday morning. Hahaha, no I don't.

My pet peeve of the day is people that do not think stop signs apply to them. Once in a while, sure, but lately it seems like about 50% do not stop or even slow down at stop signs any more.

In my world (school crossing guard) that’s called the Optional Stop Sign. Stop if you feel like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my world (school crossing guard) that’s called the Optional Stop Sign. Stop if you feel like it.

As a crossing guard, do you have any type of enforcement "stick" with regard to unsafe driving near a school? Seems you are in a bit of a grey zone--not a cop (with power to arrest), but employed by a government entity to enhance safety. Just wondering.

Try living in Orlando Fl where stop signs (and red traffic lights) are merely suggestions.

Our attempted solution was to think self-defense and invest in a dash camera.

Just make the table bigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom