What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a guy with a mac book pro laptop on his steering wheel, his neck crooked to hold his phone on is shoulder, pencil in his mouth and was taking notes on spiral bound notebook while driving on the expressway the other day - approx 70 mph. Could tell from 1/2 mile back that this driver was either drunk , had a medical problem or was distracted. I am sure the police see this too.
l
WOW. The craziest thing I saw was on the freeway with a guy balancing a takeout box on his steering wheel and eating out of it with chopsticks!

TV stations that put their logo and ads for other TV shows at the bottom of the screen so they block the closed captioning.

While more people seem to be talking about eliminating the twice-yearly switches between standard and daylight time, most of them seem to want to go to daylight time year round.

If you want to have more time after work, change the work hours, not the clock.

There are 126 million households in the US. Let's say each one spends ten minutes changing clocks. Twenty-one million wasted hours.

I just failed to put the chicken in the oven in time because my Kindle was in airplane mode and was an hour behind.

There are 126 million households in the US. Let's say each one spends ten minutes changing clocks. Twenty-one million wasted hours.

I just failed to put the chicken in the oven in time because my Kindle was in airplane mode and was an hour behind.

You must be hungry but you shouldn't be hungry because your suppertime would have been an hour earlier then it was Saturday....so you were not really late putting the chicken in. Do you feel better now?

Maybe so. But it would be an “awesome” trip!

an 'awesome ' trip for me ... is when i fall on my face and everybody laughs about it ( including me )

this does not always happen when i am intoxicated , but i am happiest when it does :facepalm:

Cable company.

Last month, when I was on the phone with customer service for some forgotten issue, they told me about their new whole-house DVR and all I had to do was bring one of my two boxes to their store and they would swap it out. I didn't believe them and asked if it required a technician to come to the house, and wouldn't both boxes need to be replaced? Oh, no, was the reply.

Predictably, when I finally dropped by today with box in hand, they looked at me like I was growing lobsters from my ears. Not only does a technician need to visit, but there's a $47 charge. *sigh*

So, since I was in their office I asked about cutting the cord and going to only internet service. They list the monthly charge, but I wanted to know what the total charge would be including all fees and taxes. I've gone through this before, and of course they had no idea. I asked who did, and they told me nobody. I then asked how they figure the bills, then, since nobody knows how much it would be. :facepalm:

Cable company.

Last month, when I was on the phone with customer service for some forgotten issue, they told me about their new whole-house DVR and all I had to do was bring one of my two boxes to their store and they would swap it out. I didn't believe them and asked if it required a technician to come to the house, and wouldn't both boxes need to be replaced? Oh, no, was the reply.

Predictably, when I finally dropped by today with box in hand, they looked at me like I was growing lobsters from my ears. Not only does a technician need to visit, but there's a $47 charge. *sigh*

So, since I was in their office I asked about cutting the cord and going to only internet service. They list the monthly charge, but I wanted to know what the total charge would be including all fees and taxes. I've gone through this before, and of course they had no idea. I asked who did, and they told me nobody. I then asked how they figure the bills, then, since nobody knows how much it would be. :facepalm:

Love it. Reminds of my latest round of phone calls to my health insurance customer reps. I was trying to find out if a yearly visit to my optometrist for 'comprehensive eye exam with dilation' was covered. First rep says please hold while I ask my supervisor. Rep comes back on the phone, says yes, it is covered, plus some other ambiguous stuff, has to call supervisor again, gets back on line, says yes it is covered. Just to check, I call back next day, get another rep, who also has to call her supervisor, and now the answer is no, it's not covered at all. Now I'm going to have to call a third time, and see what happens. This happens again and again, no matter who the insurer is. Sometimes they have the nerve to say 'you just have to file the claim and see what happens'!. Jeeesh. edit to add: Their website does not tell you if the exam is covered, and instructs you to call customer service to find out.

Love it. Reminds of my latest round of phone calls to my health insurance customer reps. I was trying to find out if a yearly visit to my optometrist for 'comprehensive eye exam with dilation' was covered. First rep says please hold while I ask my supervisor. Rep comes back on the phone, says yes, it is covered, plus some other ambiguous stuff, has to call supervisor again, gets back on line, says yes it is covered. Just to check, I call back next day, get another rep, who also has to call her supervisor, and now the answer is no, it's not covered at all. Now I'm going to have to call a third time, and see what happens. This happens again and again, no matter who the insurer is. Sometimes they have the nerve to say 'you just have to file the claim and see what happens'!. Jeeesh. edit to add: Their website does not tell you if the exam is covered, and instructs you to call customer service to find out.

Amen and to add insult to injury if you don't have insurance they run a special 39 dollar comprehensive eye exam. but your insurance gets billed a number multiple times that. Sometimes I think the insurance just wants you to give up and pay for the 39 dollar exam.

Two more problems caused by time change:

1. Dehumidifier in bedroom goes on after we went to bed (I'd forgotten to change the time on the timer).

2. Watch alarm goes off at 3:00 AM. Why? Because I use the Timex Connected app to adjust the time on my watch, and it still had an alarm in it related to the colonoscopy.

On line shopping. I won’t mention names, but I’m looking for a certain pan by Le Creuset and went to two sites that essentially did the same thing. You click on their site and you get a promotion. Give them your email and you get 15% off your next purchase and free shipping. So I did and then I see the fine print. The offer is not applicable for Le Creuset. That sucked bad enough so I unsubscribed and am working to see if I can find it anywhere for less. Looking at one of the sites restrictions was a joke. I copied it below. Not sure what’s left that the deal applies to, but it can be much and it’s certainly not available for any high end stuff. Some promotion. See list:

La Cornue Stoves, Le Creuset, Shun, Wüsthof, Miele, Breville, Vitamix, Fissler, Bamix, Baccarat, Polyscience, Beaba, Mauviel, Saeco, KitchenAid Pro Line, ScanPan, Kalamazoo, Swiss Diamond, Raynaud, Bernardaud, Pickard, Royal Copenhagen, Haviland, Wedgewood, Waterford, Lynx, Natures Way, Memphis Pro, The Orange Chef Co. and Sale products.

Contractors delaying project ...

I am painting my house using a contractor. The contractor has very good reviews. Still, I was concerned about the project delay which he assured me it won't happen. You guessed it. It happened. The only consolation I have is that it was delayed only for 10 days.

I always add a condition to contracts with contractors; I pay full amount if deadline is met and deduct 2% a day for every day past the deadline. Take it or leave it.

On line shopping. I won’t mention names, but I’m looking for a certain pan by Le Creuset ...

My Le Creuset is on the right.

NwqSpDy.png

I got it for $20 because the seller said, "It's hard to clean!"

Try eBay. These stainless pots/pans are (L to R) garage sale, eBay, garage sale, garage sale.

I actually enjoy cleaning the SS cookware and do it even when it's Lena's turn to clean up. It's fun to get them looking like new. They're not hard to clean, and I rarely need to resort to this:

916Bn25YZ0L._SY606_.jpg

Two quality of life tips (from photo):

1. You can never have too many scissors (dollar store).
2. You can never have too many spatulas

Contractors delaying project ...

I am painting my house using a contractor. The contractor has very good reviews. Still, I was concerned about the project delay which he assured me it won't happen. You guessed it. It happened. The only consolation I have is that it was delayed only for 10 days.

A couple of contractors I know say that painting sub-contractors are the flakiest in the business and can make them pull their hair out...

A couple of contractors I know say that painting sub-contractors are the flakiest in the business and can make them pull their hair out...
My contractor fired his sub-contractor painter mid-project. Next sub had to re-do the entire thing. He basically affirms the above. He was also bald.

Google reviews ... I thought Yelp reviews were not always correct. Google reviews seems to be all positive, no negative comments.

And there is always Amazon reviews. I really like the ones that go like this: I don't know. I don't have one. I just like to post irrelevant reviews.

I actually enjoy cleaning the SS cookware and do it even when it's Lena's turn to clean up. It's fun to get them looking like new.

An easy way to clean this type of cookware is to add one cup of water and one cup of vinegar into the pot or pan, put on the stove and bring to a boil over medium heat. Then add two to four tablespoons of baking soda and stir. Then pour out the mixture into the sink. Use a sponge to wipe away any residue and rinse and wash as usual.

And there is always Amazon reviews. I really like the ones that go like this: I don't know. I don't have one. I just like to post irrelevant reviews.

We have the same thing here. :eek:

People ask for personal experiences on something like this: "Should I visit Lower Slobovia in the Spring or Fall to avoid the Summer heat?" Then somebody answers with "I don't know. I have never been there and would never go there." :confused::confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom