What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the same thing here. :eek:

People ask for personal experiences on something like this: "Should I visit Lower Slobovia in the Spring or Fall to avoid the Summer heat?" Then somebody answers with "I don't know. I have never been there and would never go there." :confused::confused:

I've never been to Lower Slobovia, but I know someone who is considering going to Upper Slobovia next Winter. Or, was it Hawaii?, I forget which. :facepalm:
There is a chance that YMMV.

Two more problems caused by time change:

1. Dehumidifier in bedroom goes on after we went to bed (I'd forgotten to change the time on the timer).

2. Watch alarm goes off at 3:00 AM. Why? Because I use the Timex Connected app to adjust the time on my watch, and it still had an alarm in it related to the colonoscopy.

Al, are those kids still on the lawn:confused:?

My Le Creuset is on the right.

NwqSpDy.png

I got it for $20 because the seller said, "It's hard to clean!"

Try eBay. These stainless pots/pans are (L to R) garage sale, eBay, garage sale, garage sale.

I actually enjoy cleaning the SS cookware and do it even when it's Lena's turn to clean up. It's fun to get them looking like new.

I'm actually looking for an enameled pot. I'm looking at a braiser (wider base with shorter walls than a Dutch oven). I saw some boneless beef short ribs at the meat market, and I want to do them up right.

Every single table in every restaurant I have been to out of the last 5 was wobbly.
EVERY. SINGLE. TABLE.

It’s not just annoying, it results in spills.
Seems there is a market to sell some cheap little wedges to restaurants around the country to solve this very common problem.

I bought these at the dollar store today.

gZOA2RP.png

They are very thin at the tip. I will put them in the car to be retrieved when a table is wobbly.

Today's peeve: I hate websites that require you to type in your name, address, email, phone #, etc. just to figure out what their shipping costs are.
Then invariably you'll get an email later about what you left in their cart. And get more emails......
These guys are just keeping shopping me at Amazon.

Today's peeve: I hate websites that require you to type in your name, address, email, phone #, etc. just to figure out what their shipping costs are.
Then invariably you'll get an email later about what you left in their cart. And get more emails......

Agreed.

OTOH, I have one merchant I shop from who sends you a discount code the day after you leave something in your cart to encourage you to complete the sale. Free money.

Onions!
I know I'm in the minority here, but I've despised them as long as I can remember. But the damn things are in almost everything.

Today I realized they were in Bears Creek grown-up mac & cheese.
My fault for not looking at the ingredient list closer. In the garbage they go!

Last edited:
Onions!
I know I'm in the minority here, but I've despised them as long as I can remember. But the damn things are in almost everything.

Today I realized they were in Bears Creek grown-up mac & cheese.
My fault for not looking at the ingredient list closer. In the garbage they go!
For me it is garlic. Yech :sick:, just another type of birth control.

No onions, no garlic....man that's creepy....not to mention the increased possibility of vampire attacks.

No onions, no garlic....man that's creepy....not to mention the increased possibility of vampire attacks.
Totally agree. Besides, it’s not even a peeve, it’s a matter of taste.

Can you enter partially fake information to get the shipping cost? Then they cannot email you back.

Onions!

I'm with you.....can't even look at them. When DW makes some dish with onions, she make a separate one for me without them. Period!

When we are out to a restaurant, I always specify whatever I order with "no onions".

The dumbest thing about hating onions imo is people telling us who despise them, “you can’t even taste them.” A. Yes we can, and B. Then why bother to include them?

I cook all the time and have never used as much as onion powder, or scallions, or chives. I do like garlic—go figure.

I cook all the time and have never used as much as onion powder, or scallions, or chives. I do like garlic—go figure.

OK, I love onions but I can see where you are coming from.... I love bell peppers, but cannot handle some other peppers like jalapenos or habaneros.

There's a lotta ground between jalapenos and habaneros. If you seed and remove the "white" from a Jalapeno it's pretty close to bell pepper in flame terms.

I don't like 'em. :LOL: I never bothered to look at the seeds, though. That could possibly help but it's easier to just say, "no jalapenos in mine!"

The dumbest thing about hating onions imo is people telling us who despise them, “you can’t even taste them.” A. Yes we can, and B. Then why bother to include them?

Another pet peeve....someone arguing with you about why you don't like a certain food. I don't like it and I don't need your opinion about why that's dumb.

Another pet peeve....someone arguing with you about why you don't like a certain food. I don't like it and I don't need your opinion about why that's dumb.
Darn right! :dance:

Small tangent, but have a friend who will insist that I should do something that he likes. Not to do together, but because "I would like it . . . " No, if I wanted to I would do it.

The thread by Rayinpenn about Florida reminded me: If the place or event is popular and discovered by many, that is all the info I need about it. Anotherwords, not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom