What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the low quality research that 23andMe does. "In a typical week, how often do you eat ice cream (including frozen yogurt and low fat ice cream)?" Close to zero because I try to eat healthy, but I don't want to make it sound like I don't like ice cream. I didn't have a problem with their vanilla/chocolate preference question, except I wasn't sure so I voted that I liked them equally.

Twice in the past they asked if I ever get restless leg syndrome. I was never diagnosed with it and I don't get it that often and it's not serious. I didn't answer because they don't let you qualify it.

Correction...I answered the restless leg syndrome question and somehow gave them feedback, then they reworded it and asked again at some point in the future, and I changed my answer.

Last edited:
Some schmuck diesel pickup drivers with mdified 4" exhausts. gunning them from stop lights and any other opportunity to belch a huge clouds of black smoke.

Some schmuck diesel pickup drivers with mdified 4" exhausts. gunning them from stop lights and any other opportunity to belch a huge clouds of black smoke.
Yep, as well as little cars with blacked out windows and loud exhausts. Two different sides of the idiot coin.

This is not a 'Peeve' per se, (more of a quizzical observation), but I didn't know where else to put it, and it certainly doesn't merit its own thread:

We don't watch TV, (although we do watch movies, etc, on our TV), but we often see brief vids online, (most often various politicians), with people 'signing' in the background.

I don't sign, and currently don't know anyone who does, but I have in days gone by had some passing exposure to it. The conversations I witnessed seemed to be straightforward hand signals, but nowadays the background 'signers' appear to be participating in inebriated games of charades, complete with overacted facial (or should it be 'farcical') expressions.

Since Close Captioning is readily available, it just makes me wonder if the pols are using the clowns to distract, rather than inform, the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom