What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pet peeve ... are posts ... with lots ... and lots ... of ellipses.

My other peeve are posts in which nearly every sentence ends with an exclamation point! Now what's up with that! It's not like the discussion is all that exciting! And I'm usually out of breath by the end of the post!

Heh, I feel better now. :blush:

W2R, if Rich were here, wouldn't he agree with that sentiment, lol?

Reactions: W2R
Our neighbor's new yappity yap dog. Yappity yappity yappity yap! Yap! Yap! Yap! GRRRR! YapYap! Yap!

But to their credit, they are working, somewhat, to lessen the dog's audio impact on the neighborhood:

Yap! "Shut up!" Yap! "Shut up!" Yap!"NO!" Yappity Yap! "Yappy, shut the hell up!"
They also provide us with aromatherapy in the form of pot smoke while this is going on.

On the upside, I feel much less guilty about the screeching my kids do on our trampoline now....

We flew Allegiant to Vegas a few years ago and they were fine... but I have not heard anything good about them since so I'm not sure what we will do next time.

If they would stop being so cheap with their crew and hire better people they could actually be an okay airline .

I gave consideration to Allegiant for a trip we're going on next month. Even though an airport they fly out of is an hour closer to home, after reading the reviews I picked a Southwest flight out of Baltimore. It won't be a high bar to clear for them to do better.

Smart choice ! Southwest is 500% better than Allegiant !

My pet peeve lately has been that nobody seems to take any pride at all in their work any more.

I was brought up to believe that no matter how lowly the job, and no matter how little I was paid to do it, there was dignity in a job well done and I should take pride in doing my job well.

Now, all anyone seems to care about is how little they can do and still get paid. And what ever happened to, "The customer is always right."?

Kids these days. They need to get off my lawn, too. :D

(Removed exclamation points and ellipses after reading the above posts. But still over-using emoticons.) :ROFLMAO:

If they would stop being so cheap with their crew and hire better people they could actually be an okay airline .

I am generally a cheapest deal flyer. But when you add up all the Mickey Mouse fees, I rarely find Allegiant to be a compelling value where I live. And that is not factoring in their limited schedule and poor fly out times.
Though one time I did fly out on a great deal... My carry on bag cost more to fly with me in the storage bin, than it cost me to fly. That was odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I found out recently that some people still believe in flat earth. Evidently NASA fabricated the round earth photo.
http://www.livescience.com/24310-flat-earth-belief.html

It bugs me that there are really, really silly people (the kind you cannot fix/cure) in this world.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My pet peeve ... are posts ... with lots ... and lots ... of ellipses.

My other peeve are posts in which nearly every sentence ends with an exclamation point! Now what's up with that! It's not like the discussion is all that exciting! And I'm usually out of breath by the end of the post!

Heh, I feel better now. :blush:

So sorry that my posts upset you.... it is the way I write..... block me if you do not like them!!! :greetings10:

Except I do not use the exclamation point.... so only 50% guilty...

I wondered why all the periods were missing in the er-org storage closet Now I know

I like ellipses...a lot...but mostly because I am lazy and use them instead of trying to remember if I needed a : or a , or a ; in a given sentence...

I am a HUGE fan of emoticons!! :D

I found out recently that some people still believe in flat earth. Evidently NASA fabricated the round earth photo.
Are Flat-Earthers Being Serious? | Flat Earth Society

It bugs me that there are really, really silly people (the kind you cannot fix/cure) in this world.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I think there's a tendency to not believe what we can't perceive for ourself.

For example, news that Playboy is US will no longer have naked pictures? Difficult to wrap my brain around :LOL:.

For example, news that Playboy is US will no longer have naked pictures? Difficult to wrap my brain around :LOL:.

I read that recently. Hugh might want to talk to his doctor about getting some help for his condition.

Last edited:
My pet peeve today is that North Carolina is WAY too overregulated... besides stupid abc stores and crazy regulations on insurance, I can now add it won't let me invest in lendingclubs wth. really starting to re-think how long we will live in this state.

My pet peeve of the day is clicking on a news link only to find I have to subscribe to read the story.

I suppose that's the tug of war of the belief that the internet should be ad free vs full of ads :blush:.

Are Flat-Earthers Being Serious? | Flat Earth Society

Practitioners of the Zetetic Method...

These folks tend to be Flat Earthers, and avid conspiracy theorists. Anything that contradicts their extrapolations from what observations they've made is the result of a conspiracy. They like to argue about basic mathematics, too.

For example, the water in my bathtub lies flat as a sheet. Therefor, the oceans must also be flat as a sheet, rather than be convex (as in the shape of a segment of a sphere).

On tides, from "Zetetic Cosmogony; Or, Conclusive Evidence that the World is Not a Rotating-revolving-globe" (1900):
Tides are caused by the gentle and gradual rise and fall of the earth on the bosom of the mighty deep. In inland lakes, there are no tides ; which also proves that the moon cannot attract either the earth or water to cause tides. But the fact that the basin of the lake is on the earth which rests on the waters of the deep, shows that no tides are possible, as the waters of the lakes together with the earth rise and fall, and thus the tides at the coast are caused ; while there are no tides on waters unconnected with the sea.

My pet peeve lately has been that nobody seems to take any pride at all in their work any more.

I was brought up to believe that no matter how lowly the job, and no matter how little I was paid to do it, there was dignity in a job well done and I should take pride in doing my job well. ....

+1 When DS, who has a tendency to be a slacker if he doesn't watch himself, was leaving home I told him that if he just showed up on time, paid attention and gave a care that he would automatically be ahead of about 80% of the people out there.

One thing that I thought was a key aspect of my career success was giving a damn and acting as if I was an owner (even though I wasn't).

+1 When DS, who has a tendency to be a slacker if he doesn't watch himself, was leaving home I told him that if he just showed up on time, paid attention and gave a care that he would automatically be ahead of about 80% of the people out there.

One thing that I thought was a key aspect of my career success was giving a damn and acting as if I was an owner (even though I wasn't).

I'm glad to read your post. I'm beginning to think that your attitude, and mine, makes us fossils these days. Nobody gives a hoot any more. :(

Well, DD also has my attitude... in spades and perhaps to a fault. She is very diligent but is frustrated with the other idiots that she has to work with. She'll be quitting her current job soon and looking for a place with less idiots.

The folks who feel a need to drive around and tell me about their religion. Three of them out here today wanting to tell me about theirs, I quickly started telling them about my religion. They left pretty quickly, the driver never even got out.:)

I hate it when you're watching a football game on TV and the broadcaster (ESPN in this case) decides you don't need to see the kickoff following the touchdown. You sit through the commercial, the game comes back on, and they're already lined up for the first down play AFTER the kickoff. You didn't really need to see that boring kickoff, did you? And ESPN gets more revenue from one more ad! Good for the economy! (sarcasm)

I'm glad to read your post. I'm beginning to think that your attitude, and mine, makes us fossils these days. Nobody gives a hoot any more. :(

Sorry, but not all young kids are slackers.... my DS has not slacked at all... he used to tell us we needed to get home if we were out to eat so he could do his homework... we have never asked him if he had anything to do...

Now he is working, doing tutoring for HS and middle school kids.... some times he works 7 days a week... he is always there on time and does what he is supposed to do.... he is not alone... two of his friends are doing the same as he....

I think all 3 will be very successful in their lives....

PS... according to my son he is not as rare as we might think.... we just do not interact with these kids in our every day life....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom