What time do you wake and sleep?

97guns

Full time employment: Posting here.
When I was working I would wake up at 2:30 in the morning and it really sucked even though I was able to wake every morning before the alarm clock would go off, waking up that early I would sleep around 7pm

In comparison to retired life, now I’m up at 5:30, 4:30 now with daylight savings and sleep anywhere between 10 and midnight. I thought I’d be able to sleep in later but I think I’ve only slept past 7:00 1 time in the 8 Fired years

I usually turn on the stereo, grab the Kindle and hop into bed around 8:30 - 9. Have a cup or 2 of "sleepy time" tea and read and listen for a few hours and lights out 11 - 12. Get up around 7:30.

Go to bed at 1:00am. Wake up at 8:00am (cat alarm clock), get up at 9:00am.

Fall asleep around 2:00 a.m. after reading a couple of hours. Sleep until 10:00 a.m. Sometimes later/sometimes earlier when I have a 9:00 tee-time.

Staying up late is one of my most cherished perks of retirement. When I was working I always felt obligated to be in bed by 10:30 pm at the latest.

Fall asleep around 2:00 a.m. after reading a couple of hours. Sleep until 10:00 a.m. Sometimes later/sometimes earlier when I have a 9:00 tee-time.

Staying up late is one of my most cherished perks of retirement. When I was working I always felt obligated to be in bed by 10:30 pm at the latest.

+1

I go to bed between 10 and 11 and wake up between 5 and 6. Or I wake up at 2, cant go back to sleep and then go back to bed about 4:30 and sleep until 7:30. In the summer I wake up when it gets light outside.....

I usually fall asleep 9-10ish and wake up 4-6ish, no alarm clock. However, I wake 1-3am and I’m up for 2-3 hours several times/week (I’ve posted here at odd hours...). I’d rather sleep through, and I try to stay awake later to prevent being wide awake for several hours many nights.

DW never gets up in the middle of the night like me, but she never sleeps as soundly as I do (when I’m asleep).

Typically fall asleep between 10:30 and 11 PM; up between 6:30 and 7 AM. Occasionally I wake up earlier and can't get back to sleep so I get up- no sweat. I can take an afternoon nap if I want!

I'm not retired but when I don't have any other commitments I prefer to sleep with the sun. Obviously that doesn't work the greatest this time of year with 15 hours of dark so I just work with the sunrise half. The sun rises here at just after 7am so I plan to wake up at that time which means going to bed at around 10:30-11:00. In the summer when the sun goes down at 8:30pm and rises at 5am I sleep 9-5 or 9:30-5:30. That is ideal but that pesky j*b gets in the way sometimes.

I go to bed between 10 and 11 and wake up between 5 and 6. Or I wake up at 2, cant go back to sleep and then go back to bed about 4:30 and sleep until 7:30. In the summer I wake up when it gets light outside.....

+1

Down usually at 11 pm. Up around 8:30-9 am. I always schedule appointments at 11 am or later so as not to mess up my quiet mornings or interfere with breakfast. DW goes down about 12 - 1 am and up about the same time as me.

Turn off the TV and head upstairs when I’m sleepy, usually around ten. As my father once told me, “Nothing moral happens after ten o’clock, and nothing legal after midnight.” I had an early curfew...

Wake around first light (no shade on the east-facing skylight.) No alarm, unless I have an early morning appointment.

To bed between 9/930 up between 5/530. No alarm clocks for me even when I worked I just woke up.

I go to bed usually between 2 AM and 3 AM. I get to sleep usually within 30 minutes to an hour. Going to bed earlier doesn't help. If I do that I just stay awake longer.

I wake up usually between 10:30 and 11:00.

I went to sleep at pretty much the same time when I was working full time in the office but I had to get up much earlier of course. I was chronically sleep deprived. Now, I usually feel so much more rested. But, I am a pure night owl.

Before I retired, the time at which I slept was never up to me. School, strict parents, much travel with time changes, job, pets, baby... you name it, but I never got to choose when to sleep. (poor me, where's the tiny violin.... :D)

Now, in my 9th year of retirement, I am still having trouble establishing a regular sleep schedule.

I have no trouble sleeping - - I sleep a lot of hours each week, but they are not regular. If I stop setting my alarm clock, and just allow myself to sleep when I get tired, I settle into an erratic schedule of mostly 25-26 hour days. That just doesn't synch well with the rest of the world.

Usually go to bed around 11:00-11:30 pm, up around 7:30-8:00 am now that I am retired. When I was working, I was up at 5:30 am for starting work at 7:00 am; so used to go to bed around 10:00 pm.

I wake earlier in summer when it is light out earlier, lot tougher to want to get out of bed when it is colder winter. The best part is no alarm clock anymore, unless need to get up for something earlier.

Whenever I want!

Ain't it Great?

My body still keeps more or less the same schedule as when I was w*rking. I always woke up before the alarm clock. For me that means waking up around 5:00-5:30 AM, and if I want 7-8 hours sleep, in bed by 9-10 PM.

But here's the difference: Back then, if I hadn't gotten enough sleep and happened to wake up an hour early, I'd spend that entire hour thinking about how miserable I'd be all day from lack of sleep.

Now, it doesn't matter. If I get up early I can lay quietly in bed, relax, and usually get back to sleep. And if I can't, no stress!

Whenever I want!

Ain't it Great?

Pretty much!

Even when I was still w*rking, I never really had a set schedule, so my schedule varied wildly. In retirement, that hasn't changed too much. What I do certainly appreciate is the ability to sleep in if I want or take sporadic naps during the day. As a matter of fact, I think I might get in a little one this AM since I was up until about midnight last night. :D

I go to sleep 8-9 PM, and wake up 4-6 AM. If I wake up before 5 AM, I stay in bed and get more rest even if I don't sleep.

I go to bed when I'm sleepy, and get out of bed when I'm not. Usually that's around 11-12pm, up around 7-8am but not always. I avoid making appointments that make me set my alarm if I can. Ski season is an exception, I set my alarm to make sure I'm up in time to be there at rope drop. If I'm running a race or meeting friends for a run, that's almost always early enough to set my alarm too.

Back
Top Bottom