What time do you eat dinner?

Usually between 3 and 7pm, it depends on what else I'm doing that day and I just eat whenever I'm hungry and it's convenient.

When we both wo**ed it was usually 6:30 or later because of my job. since retireing we have gradually gotten away from that. We now typically eat a mid morning brunch, then eat what we call "lupper" late lunch/early supper around 3 to 4 pm.

I usually eat before 3 pm. A big breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is usually 6-7 a.m. Rarely snack after 3, just drink water. Of course, at social gatherings, I'll eat with everyone else.

When we are hungry! Sometimes mid afternoon sometimes between 5 and 6. However, part of the area I covered before retirement was in South Arkansas. I was with one of the team guys and asked if I was ready for dinner. It was 11:30 AM. I soon realized that dinner was lunch and the evening meal was supper in that part of the country. I used the term supper and dinner interchangeable for the evening meal all my life until then.

Most often, dinner about 12-1, light supper 5-6.
I do not like to eat much after 7, interferes with sleep.

Between 4:30 and 5:00pm like clockwork. In winter we are in bed by 8pm and and asleep by 8:30pm. But we wake up at 5am and I bring a coffee back to bed for me and DW.

When cooking at home, between 6 and 7 most nights.

When eating out locally, generally 7 or 9, depending upon which restaurant and what reservations are available.

When traveling, we almost always eat dinner in restaurants and the time depends upon the country/location. Driving in USA, generally 7-8. Internationally, we've found that restaurants that we are interested in sometimes don't open until 8 or 9.... (Spain and Argentina in particular)

We usually sit down to our evening meal between 4:30-5:00pm. Most evening meals are light...soup, sandwiches, leftovers, macaroni, take out...with the exception of Sunday. That's a traditional (to us) dinner. Chicken, turkey, meat loaf and steak are in rotation with potato and veggies.

Usually between 6:30 and 7:00 pm when we are at home.

Often a little later when we travel.

Retired

We usually eat dinner just as or after it gets dark. In the summer that's around 8:00-8:30pm. At this time of year it's closer to 6pm. I usually clean up and start preparing dinner as dusk falls, and DW comes in to eat 30-60 minutes later when it's all ready to be put on the table.

We usually eat between 4 and 6. I prefer around 4:30.

In the winter (or after the time changes) it's around 5:30-6:00pm, summertime is around 6:00-630pm.

Winter...around 5pm. Summer...around 6:30pm. It is based on the sun and that durned time change thing. Don't get me going on the time change...

We eat when Frank is ready to eat, which I guess is usually sometime between 6-10 PM.

If I'm not hungry, I ask him to put mine in the frig and I eat it later. If I get hungry earlier (before he comes over here), a snack is not unheard of. Usually that's not necessary, though.

Right now it's about 8 PM and he has left to buy take-out for our dinner. So, we'll probably eat around 8:30 or so, I suppose.

My husband has always preferred the 'early bird special' supper hours...
When we were working, we ate between 5:30-6pm... this is because we had to get home, and immediately start prepping dinner. And when the kids were little we wanted them fed ASAP so bedtime wasn't interfered with.

When he retired, I'd come home from work around 5:30 and find dinner on the table. It was awesome.

With both of us retired, and kids not under roof during the college term, we eat between 4:30 and 5:30.

This works out well for us because we both have various community volunteer activities that have regular meetings that start at 6pm. Nice to not be hangry when the meeting runs long. (One monthly meeting regularly goes from 6pm to 11pm... I can't imagine not eating prior to it.)

We are retired and we eat between 4 and 5 pm generally.

I would like the main meal at lunch time, but cooking and eating it would interfere with our activities since it would be in the middle of the day. Especially in spring, summer and fall when we are out a lot.

Of we rat out st lunch time we tend to just have a snack in the evening.

We always eat breakfast. We love it.

It depends on the day. Most weekday evenings one or both of us are busy, so I prepare it to eat around 5PM. But I only cook 3-4 days a week and we have leftovers the other days. And we have two meals a day, and usually a small snack on our own schedule. We don't always eat at the same time. Since we are together much of the time, having a "family dinner" doesn't seem particularly important.

It was much later before I retired, since I'm the family cook. I would cook on my days off so we had lots of healthy leftovers, or would make a stir fry with lots of vegetables. And often I was getting home after 7, dead tired. Honestly, I don't know how we got through all those years of me working with DH basically refusing to learn to cook. (I'm teaching him, finally).

Back
Top Bottom