What time do you eat dinner?

For us it is normally between 5 and 6:30pm, depending on the day and circumstance. DW prefers to eat closer after 5, while for me it does not matter.

We usually skip dinner if we have had a big lunch. Some of our social events include luncheons, or we may eat out for lunch. On those days that becomes our "dinner". We will skip, or just eat very light like some fruit or a snack (and not at the same time).

When DW is away I might be more flexible, eating dinner as late as 9. But that late is is usually a light dinner. We also eat later when we have evening social activities, ans they tend to not have dinner until 7 or later.

6-ish. We started intermittent fasting and now eat meals between 12-6 most days.

About 8pm.

Usually 6:30-7, except when I have a 7pm rehearsal or meeting, then closer to 6:00.

I'm alone so, if I eat, I usually eat between 3 and 5 PM.

Somewhere between 5:30pm and 6:30pm. Honestly, the earlier the better. But there are always exceptions. Today, we're going out for a birthday luncheon at 1pm. We'll probably be there until 2:30pm, so it's quite likely we won't eat much of a dinner tonight.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only early bird. I eat 5ish when by myself. But when out of town with friends I can eat anytime.

Mon - Thurs I cook for us and aim for 6:30. On Fri our son comes over to do his laundry here and we get take out together and end up eating around 7:30 or 8:00.

On the weekend I don't cook and we have leftovers or sandwiches. We eat when we are hungry.

DH recently started the intermittent fasting thing and he eats between noon and 8pm. Not sure why he's doing it but he wanted to try it. I'm liking that I have the kitchen to myself in the mornings!

We sit down for dinner between 7:30-8:00

Same here. But it wasn't always this way. When I working, I got home at 7 or later (that dang commute) most nights, so the late dinner time was normal. When I stopped working FT, I began square dancing which started at 7 PM, 8 PM, or 8:30 PM, requiring an earlier (sometimes, much earlier) dinner time. Non-dance nights were usually still 7:30-8 PM, working or not.

But my dancing ended 5 years ago, so I am back to 7:30-8 PM for all nights.

I eat dinner as late in the evening as I can while balancing that with not going to bed on a full stomach. For me that works out to 7:30 PM, three hours before my target bedtime. The reason for this is that I struggle with after dinner snacking, so I try to eat as late as possible in order to avoid too many trips to the kitchen before bedtime. I follow an 18/6ish intermittent fasting schedule. I break my daily fast at 1:30, have a snack at 4:30, and then eat my big meal of the day at 7:30.

When I was working, the family ate at 5:30 and I ate at 6:30 when I got home from work.
Now that I am retired and the kids are away at college, I usually cook and target dinner for 5:30ish.

Bottle of Cabernet gets opened at exactly 5:00pm, along with a few munchies. Then dinner about 6:00pm, with hopefully some wine left to go WITH dinner. IF not, we look for one of our 375ml half bottles.

Back
Top Bottom