What was your happiest moment today?

It wasn’t exactly a moment, but grand daughter has been here for a few hours (she’s spending the night) and that’s always a happy time. At 5yo, she never stops talking. The stuff that come out is very entertaining.

Though, as mentioned in another thread, a very close second happy moment was when my power came back on after over a day of being out.

Okay, this is kind of small and the day's still young. But - as a serious insomniac, I'm very happy that I got a pretty good night's sleep last night! It feels really good to get 5 1/2 solid hours of sleep. :)

Our grandson just turned two on Nov 6th and he’s been talking so much and we can understand most of it.

I got home this afternoon and he was here with DH. As soon as he saw me he very clearly called out “GAMMA”. He’s never called me anything and this was very deliberate. He was happy to see me and ran over and held my leg and said it again, GAMMA!

This was so unexpected and delightful. He’s such a joy!

Awwww! So nice! :)

Took the kayaks out on a remote mountain lake 2 hrs away. Wow!

We have several such lakes within 2 hours. Looking forward to winter desert kayaking!

Sounds great! Have you gotten in any winter kayaking yet?

I just started doing some hiking with a community group. Last week Friday we hiked some area out of town, went into town and walked around the shopping district. It was late evening; pretty nice. I'm looking forward to doing more of this soon.

Another Monday morning...my favorite day of the week! I was up early enough to see a fantastic sunrise and enjoyed a little lounge time in the nice warm pool before having a fresh cup of coffee.

Did my final purge of papers.
Feels good to shred the last of the old stuff.

Happiest moment was getting appointments for Moderna CV vaccine for me and DH. On hold for 1 hour, 5 minutes. This Thursday is roll up sleeve day for us.

Woke up and I knew it.
Then stood in front of sunlamp 10 minutes, 5 front and 5 back.

I w#rked at home from 3/13/20 until retirement on 12/18/20. I didn't take a single vacation day in 2020. Where was I gonna go?

My happiest moment today was seeing the generous earned vacation payout hit my checking account, along with the holiday payout for the Christmas holidays, since I remained on the payroll through 12/31.

For about 30 seconds I marveled at how "rich" I suddenly was, and remembered how wonderful delayed gratification can feel. :LOL:

Then I transferred every dollar of it to the savings account.

Last edited:
I turned in one of my office keys and key card, the rest of my w*** stuff will passed along Friday, wowhoooo

Walking in Home Depot and the grocery store. No one was there. I had the places to myself. That's so rare. So relaxing.

Happiest moment was when I realized that I only have 263 calendar days left until retirement.

Yes! Isn't it a great feeling as the day draws closer? I remember feeling the same excitement. BUT - you won't believe the JOY on THE day! I hope when your retirement day finally arrives, you'll post something on the thread, "Retirement Day #1!" :)

Waking up to the sound of rain. It is so refreshing!
Saw a hummingbird perched on a branch under the leaves of our winter Camilla outside the window.

Another Monday morning...my favorite day of the week! I was up early enough to see a fantastic sunrise and enjoyed a little lounge time in the nice warm pool before having a fresh cup of coffee.

NIIIIICE, Flyguy! I'm smiling at your "... Monday morning; favorite day of the week." It's nice to see another of your posts. I remember the one you wrote me on my first day of retirement. I also remember feeling the one you described - looking back on the post main gate in your rear view mirror with a smile. :) Enjoy your week, Bud!

NIIIIICE, Flyguy! I'm smiling at your "... Monday morning; favorite day of the week." It's nice to see another of your posts. I remember the one you wrote me on my first day of retirement. I also remember feeling the one you described - looking back on the post main gate in your rear view mirror with a smile. :) Enjoy your week, Bud!

Thanks for the shout out! I often wonder if my posts fall on deaf ears? Seems like that w/ the DW sometimes. :D Enjoy the REST of your retirement life!!!

Just another great FIRE day. Wake to no alarm and fun pickleball on a sunny day.
Received appreciative feedback from class last week while prepping to teach more veterans this week.

Solar shed PV, controller and battery working well. Shed did not burn down over night.

I called tonight for the details of picking up an older military vet so she can get to work in the morning. On the call I was told her regular driver has an appointment in the a.m. and the other drivers performing this service have no availability tomorrow. Wow; nice to be her last option and be able to help her out! And - nice to be RETIRED so I CAN help her! :)

Seeing DW's pending SS direct deposit and noting the IRMAA paid during 2020 was no longer there! Between that and the SS COL increase (minus PART B premium going up slightly), that's $450/mo more being deposited. :dance:

After an early morning message that my best friend had been in an auto accident and seeing the pictures of it and him. Finally finding out about 4hrs. later that yes he was hurt bad --but nothing life threatening. Whew, that big lump deflated off my chest. He had retired from the sheriffs dept. 01/02/2021 and had been accepted a job working 1 day a week in the jail supply room stocking it. He was heading in for his 1st day and was turning left waiting for oncoming traffic, when a Ram 3500 duelly hit him from the rear. He was cut out of his Explorer. He has a crushed /broken shoulder, bruised chest from air bag, lots of facial cuts ,and quote just hurt like I was hit by a big truck. But he was alive and we will be able to still ride and aggrevate our better halves. That was my happiest moment yesterday!!!!

Back
Top Bottom