What was your happiest moment today?

Timeisprecious

Recycles dryer sheets
Several posters have noted in here that happiness generally equates to better health ("other things being equal" - e.g., genetically-based diseases, and of course YMMV). And many have mused that the "simple things" (e.g., sunsets, walks in the great outdoors) now mean more to them than material things, and that these "simple things" mean more to them as they age.

However - one poster, interestingly enough, pointed out, "Then why do we have a 'pet peeve of the day' page in here but not a 'happy moments' page?" Good question, and one that I want to address. If happiness generally equates to better health, then we should enjoy and pass on our happy moments - right? Maybe readers can also smile at our happy moments and maintain or improve their health. I'm hoping so.

So with that in mind, what was your happiest moment today?

I'll start. My happiest moment yesterday was when I got to the hotel last night and relished that fact that I'm that much closer to my last hour of w*rk before retirement (which will be Monday at 9:00 - out-processing from the military!).

Yesterday, after having beagles in my life for 40 years, I took our new beagle pup into the show ring.

It was the first time for both of us, I got great coaching from the judge and other beaglers, and I really enjoyed the experience.

I’m happy that I finally just did it.

My cousin's son stopped in for drinks and dinner and spent the night, he lives 350 miles away and was traveling in the area. Great to see him again.

I had a Christmas party with the neighbors and met up at a friend’s house afterwards for a girls’ night out. My guess would be that most happy moments don’t really center around material things. Thrills yes but true happy moments not much.

Yesterday we went to a Christmas party and met many wonderful people.

Yesterday, after having beagles in my life for 40 years, I took our new beagle pup into the show ring.

It was the first time for both of us, I got great coaching from the judge and other beaglers, and I really enjoyed the experience.

Good luck in the endeavor! Training and trialing a dog enriches the dog's life as well as your own.

I took part in a regional pub trivia tournament, and one of the teammates was a former w*rk colleague with whom I collaborated closely for almost 20 years. The tournament was fun, but seeing my old friend left me feeling especially warm.

Last night looking at the Christmas tree which is filled with ornaments from all our travels.

Woke up this morning to a blanket of fresh snow. It's supposed to snow for the next day!

QUOTE=Moemg;2335680]Last night looking at the Christmas tree which is filled with ornaments from all our travels.[/QUOTE]

I did that too! One of my favorite things is to bring home an ornament from every trip. I get to relive my travels every December. This year, my DGS, age 4, helped me put the ornaments up. He was very careful and it got to the point where he said "and where is this from, Grandma?" every time he picked one up. It was delightful!:smitten:[

I woke up. My life has not been very pleasant lately but it's still a good thing to wake up in the morning. That's usually as good as it gets.

I woke up this morning. And I knew it!

Gotta be grateful for the small stuff.
Besides, by now everything is small stuff to me.:)

Riding the chairlift to the top of the mountain at 9am. Sad moment leaving at 12:30pm.

Don't take your health for granted. I'm only 40 and i'm closer to taking the chairlift to the top of the stairs than I am to taking the stairlift to the top of a mountain.

Had a nice BJJ roll with some buddies at my gym. Came home to shower and DW was already there. It's a good day.

Wow - nice! Sounds like a great new experience - maybe something to try again soon. 🙂

We were invited to a surprise birthday party of a church member, who also happened to be the grade school principal for our children. Watching him walk in and seeing all those former students and parents absolutely made my day - I can only imagine how it made It him feel. It was an evening full of warm fuzzies and gratitude.

Ran 3 miles. I'm a runner, but this run was special because I ran the entire thing. Due to injuries and illnesses I've had to take periodic walk breaks for the last 20 months.

Took DD for a long off leash walk. It was cold and windy. I layered my clothes so I was warm and toasty the whole time. He's beautiful when he runs free, chasing and smelling. I think I like winter better than summer.

Sitting on the couch with a warm piece of zucchini bread on my plate, one cat sleeping to my right, the other cat sleeping in the armchair, and my library book in my lap. Then remembering that I am taking tomorrow off w#rk, so I have an extra day to do exactly as I please.

Great idea for a thread, by the way. :)

Visited dear MIL today. She is 90 years old, lives on her own, and bakes 100's of cookies every year. She buys flour and sugar in 100 lb bags. I counted 15 cookie varieties and she isn't done yet!

Sorry the photos are not great, but every container is filled with sweet / chocolate / cinnamon goodness.

I was in charge of Quality Control. Every one passed except the Russian Tea Cakes (I've never really liked those!)

Attachments

• Christmas Cookies 2.jpg
    Christmas Cookies 2.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Christmas cookies 1.jpg
    Christmas cookies 1.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 63
I was birding alone in a rather frozen swamp today in a "remote" section (if anything is truly remote in New Jersey) and I encountered a couple of "summertime" birds still lingering before departing south. It was my reward for slogging along on trails requiring knee boots. But it was sunny, above freezing, and only mildly breezy, so a pleasant winter's day experience.

Sitting on the couch with a warm piece of zucchini bread on my plate, one cat sleeping to my right, the other cat sleeping in the armchair, and my library book in my lap. Then remembering that I am taking tomorrow off w#rk, so I have an extra day to do exactly as I please.

Great idea for a thread, by the way. :)

Very nice. And thanks, Calico.

Back
Top Bottom