What you consider *superior* products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyson's corner has a sale rack?? :D

Ah, Tyson's Corner! Brings back memories. I used to make my husband stop there on every trip from Pittsburgh area(visiting my Dad) back to Tidewater VA(our DINK home at the time). I used to dress a lot for work and social affairs and remember buying many a suit, pump and silk shirt there. Most of my paycheck in my 20's seemed to go for such fluff. Now I wear loafers, khakis, and washable cotton blouses all bought on sale. I am indeed, old. I understand there is now a Tyson's Two. Should make a shopping pilgrimage except I'm too lazy.

Tyson's corner has a sale rack?? :D

Yes!! At LL Bean at Tyson's Corner, on the lower floor, all the way back in the farthest corner, there are usually about 6-8 racks of LL Bean clothes for 30, 50 and sometimes even 75% off.... I usually find Bean to be a little expensive so I always hit those racks when I'm there. It's hard for me to resist LL Bean on sale... it's good classic stuff that wears well over time. Plus, if you're at the store, no shipping charges to add on! :)

Products that come to mind:
  • Apple iPod Touch (and all it's predecessors)!!!
  • Toyota (and Honda) cars
  • Allen Edmonds shoes
  • Bloomington Coffee Roasters coffee
  • Dr. Bronner's soap
  • The Aeron chair
  • PBS
  • Clif Mojo Bars
  • Patagonia clothing
I could go on, but these came to mind first...

I third (or is it fourth?) the opinion about Al-clad cookware. My favorite is my saucier. I actually didn't know I could fall in love with cookware... until I got my first Al-clad.

Also my Breville Smart Oven (1800 watt convcection toaster oven with Element IQ). It bakes everything so wonderfully including bread. It works better than my big oven in the kitchen (no convection there.) I gave away from old Cuisinart toaster oven (craigslist for $20 - sold for $80 - it burned stuff on the outside and no so well done in the middle.) With the Smart Oven, the food could be so close to the element but the food doesn't burn! What's up with that??

I paid a lot of money (for me) for the Smart Oven and for Al-Clad's but I consider the money well spent.

Frye boots. I've owned a pair of Frye harness boots since the late 70's.

Uggs used to have really thick soles that will never wear out, but a couple years ago they started using some rubber crappy material and they just are not the same. Glad I bought mine--which are still blowing and going--in 2004.

All Clad cookware
REI brand anything
Kitchenaid Stand mixer
Lee Jeans - or Riders from Wallmart
Older Lands' End clothes
Trader Joe's for dried fruit, greek yogurt, nuts, walnut bread and potato rosemary bread
Dale of Norway sweaters and Oleana sweaters
Jockey underwear
My Turkish rugs bought in Turkey
My French Oak furniture bought in Belgium - when this stuff was delivered to the US, even the movers remarked on what good furniture it was - wasn't super cheap, but will last until we die - is solid furniture - love it

Like others here - smartwool socks, John Deere mower, Stihl chain saw.
Also my craftsman brush trimmer that lasted 15 years, craftsman shop vac
my new Imac
Ford F150
DW's Acura
anything by under armor
Mulholland Bros luggage
Pioneer TV's

*Hartman luggage. I have a large rolling suitcase that is the biggest you can still get on a plane. It's so lightweight I can pick it up with one finger, tho. Hartman has lots of pockets all over for different things and lasts. Only downside is it's pricey.

• Any Tom Bihn product
  • Mountain Khakis pants
  • my Toyota FJ Cruiser
  • Blundstone boots
  • Battle Lake Outdoors products
  • Patagonia fleece coats (especially the Retro-X)
Thanks for all the other tips!

Good kitchen knives; Wusthof, Henckels, Shun. There is no substitute for sharp, well-balanced knives.

Being a cooking enthusiast, I have more than my share of kitchen gadgets, including 2 Kitchenaid stand mixers. :blush: Kitchen stores (Sur La Table, Williams Sonoma, etc.) are my weakness. Also, I am a recipe tester for Cook's Illustrated...so I HAVE to have the correct tools...right:confused: :D

fMii0.jpg

This strikes me as a brilliant product that has a lot of potential as a best of....

Weber Grills, you can replace any part you want easily.
Apple anything for the most part.

Garmin, GPS devices. Every other brand has lousy maps.

Klipsch speakers but not the small cheap ones.

For a nice vacuum cleaner that's quiet and doesn't weigh a ton try
a Miele canister.

Linksys router.

Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper.

At least the way they made them in 1975. Still going.

My McIntosh stereo system (speakers, pre-amp, and amp); I have had them for 39 years and they work as well as the day they were new.

My faithful 1992 Honda Accord EX, still chugging along at 138,000+ miles. I've done a lot of mainintenance and repairs to her over the years, with dh2b doing most of the repair w*rk these days. This is the most reliable car I've ever owned. :D
Nowadays, her body is a sad victim of the Rust Belt. Just the other week, I was sweeping snow off and the little EX logo tag popped right out of the metal above the rear bumper. :(
But that little car keeps starting up for me on subzero mornings and just keeps on going and going...I'm going to run her until the engine gives it up. She still has a lot of zip and is a lot of fun to drive with a 5 speed manual trans, especially in snow conditions.
No car pay payments! :greetings10:

+1 on the Dr. Bronner's soaps.

More to add to the list:
Kirkland brand organic peanut butter. US-grown peanuts, great flavor.
Google's search engine (and I'm running Chrome and am pretty happy with it, too).
The New Yorker magazine
World's Best Cat Litter (corn-based, nearly no dust, no odor, clumping, flushable, biodegradable, non-toxic, renewable resource) We love love love this stuff, and no, Swheat Scoop (the wheat-based competitor) isn't nearly as good in any respect.
Tillamook Cheddar cheese and Dutch Gouda.
Grass-fed and finished beef
A good custom-processing photo lab. There really is a difference.

Beretta Shotguns - Expensive without being too fancy. Mine have always worked and they look beautiful

Maker's Mark Bourbon - My faithful companion

Anything from REI

IBM / Lenovo Thinkpads - The most durable, and well thought out computers I have owned.

Canon SLR Cameras - My 30d has gone everywhere with me for 3 years. It's taken some serious bumps, scratches, and knocks and still takes marvelous pictures with great battery life.

Seems a lot of stuff mentioned in the posts I never heard of.

To me most anything that last over ten years is superior.

Thus my 30+ yr old Electrolux vacuum cleaner.
Tektronix 7904 oscilloscope/ including 7L12 Spectrum analyzer plugin, along with many others.
40+ yr old Montgomery Ward Tractor.
88 Jaguar AJ6 engine, ZF transmission@ 210K miles, driven like it was stolen.
coolsmiley.gif
Though many would disagree.:D
Country Comfort wood stove.
Infinity speakers of the 60 ies.
General Radio Grid dip meter and most any thing made by them. Hewlett Packard power supplies and most anything they made.

And yours truly of course, made it past 62 years, when I never thought live past 30 given my adventures.:ROFLMAO:

You'll note that a lot of these things have been out of production for tens of years. Have many more the list could be very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom