What's a Husband Worth?

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
While doing the grocery shopping yesterday, I noticed at the checkout an ad for "Rent-A-Husband - Anything You Need Done - $33 per hour"

Men on the forum (single or married - especially those whose SO is at work) could pick-up extra money renting themselves out (when we aren't being used for free :mad:) to needy women in the community.

Some women might find it a good way to augment their income and social life also.

:cool:

DanTien said:
While doing the grocery shopping yesterday, I noticed at the checkout an ad for "Rent-A-Husband - Anything You Need Done - $33 per hour"
I sure hope that's renting out to women. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

How many "rentals" per day would this require? Because we're not debating my occupation, just my pricing!

A study showed that a housewife is worth north of 100k a year if you tried to replace one with paid services.

Last time I checked, many housewives lack roof repair and brake relining skills. Many, but certainly not all.

So from that deduction, my househusbanding skills are worth at least $150k a year. That sets my hourly rate at $75 an hour.

I guess the best way to find out how much you're worth is to stop performing some essential houshold service...

As my ornery aunt used to say "If you were worth two loads of buckshot, I'd give it to you!".

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
A study showed that a housewife is worth north of 100k a year if you tried to replace one with paid services.
So from that deduction, my househusbanding skills are worth at least $150k a year. That sets my hourly rate at $75 an hour.
Nords said:
I guess the best way to find out how much you're worth is to stop performing some essential houshold service...

That's right. Just call home from the extended stay inn you're at and find out what your replacement is charging. :D

Back
Top Bottom