Where do we all live?

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I know some folk do not like doing this for fear the rest of us will make a bee line for their homes and somehow make their lives miserable, but personally I think it is harmless.

Please share if you are comfortable the County/parish, proximity and State where you live. I will go first to give all an idea on what to share.

We are in St. Johns County, in North East Florida, Close to the beach

We have been here 10 years. Were previously in The Eastern Caribbean (3 years, and before that in coastal Orange County California.

Been living in rural Fostoria, Ohio (about 10 miles East of I-75) on a 10 acre farm. Kids went to a small local high school, and graduated 55 per class. We are about 1 hour South of Toledo/Lake Erie, and about 1.5 hours North of Columbus....really flat and boring landscape.

Hoping to head to Southern Kentucky when we FIRE.

My family has lived in a small town in Jersey County Illinois for 8 years and lived for 33 years in a River town on the Mississippi near St Louis, Mo. My intent is to move to eastern Tennessee and enjoy retirement commuting between Tennessee and Florida. This is all subject to the wife's health and approval.

We live in Ventura County California. We have been here 12 years and love it.
This is our retirement home.

Champaign, Illinois - home of the University of Illinois C-U. One of the main reasons we like it here. Offers many diverse activities and great restaurants. Also DH/me alma mater. We met at Murphy's pub 37 years ago. We had a blast in the 80's. Best music, parties and sadly, preparation for the real world of work.

Been in Maryland my whole life, and just moved to Crownsville. It's a small town, very rural, mostly subdivided into large lots, and everybody's on well and septic, so that should keep the mass-market developers out for awhile. I'm not retired, yet, but could see myself sticking it out here well into retirement. The road I live on also connects two dead-end roads, so that cuts down on the traffic, as well.

It feels really rural and isolated, but is about 10 minutes from Annapolis, maybe 20 from Baltimore, and 30 or so from DC. When traffic cooperates, at least.

PA-NJ. It is usually comfortable here. Polar vortex does not fit well today, though. Wildlife in the yard, changing seasons, abundance of culture, etc. Born here, will likely die here.

Phoenix for over 30 years but planning a move to Sedona AZ for the somewhat cooler climate and cleaner air.

The Tennessee River is 40' from our front door in NW Alabama--Muscle Shoals. We have 2 Robert Trent Jones 18 hole golf courses down the street.

Spent 23 years in Nashville, 18 years in Memphis and 10 years in Atlanta area.

Texas countryside... Nearest town (<1000) is ~20 mins away at highway speeds. That should pin it down pretty close.

Last edited:
Northern Wisconsin, Price County, in a remote area on a 20 acre farmette. It’s very cold here! Planning to retire this year and move to AZ near the oldest daughter and grandkids.

West side of Austin for the past 11 years. Should be here for another 20 years. Will start building next house in about 2 years.

I live in France, more precisely in Haute-Savoie, a mountainous region bordering both Switzerland and Italy (and home to Mont Blanc). I am within walking distance of downtown Geneva, Switzerland.

Last edited:
I am in the Providence RI metro area. Moved back 2 years ago, this is where I grew up. I love it.

Like many here, my bio left gives location. Will probably change this year.

Seacoast area of New Hampshire. Given we only have 13 miles of seacoast (or 18, depending on whose measuring), that should narrow it down enough. [emoji14]

Great area of the country to live - except when you are traveling somewhere by car. Takes a whole d*mn day just to get out of New England....

I live in England on the northern edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.

<<<<<<<

I have been in Northwest Arizona for 30 years. I am retired but DW still works. She wants one or two more years, then we may vagabond a bit. Looking at spending some time in Dixonge's area; Lake Chapala, MX

We live about a mile outside of New Orleans, in an older, fairly urban inner suburb.

Back
Top Bottom