• Creative skill related

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Relationship related

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Other

Votes: 17 29.3%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Mine is to spend about two hours per day on piano sight-reading and get much better at it. I play 2-4 jazz gigs a month, but my sight-reading is terrible. I rarely need it, if ever, but I feel like a fake if I can't read well.

I'm going to try things I've always wanted to do .I'm starting with pottery and beading and yoga.I hope to also find some new women friends .My SO is my best friend but sometimes you just want a woman to gab with.

I'm going to try things I've always wanted to do .I'm starting with pottery and beading and yoga.I hope to also find some new women friends .My SO is my best friend but sometimes you just want a woman to gab with.

Stop by and we can do some beading projects. Or better yet, maybe I'll stop by.

I don't really make New Year's resolutions, since my resolve lasts for years and decades.

But I DO have a New Year's plan for 2008.

• My plan is to work on fixing up my house to sell (in 2009), and to pare down my possessions in preparation for the move.
  • At the same time, I want to start shifting my portfolio heavily towards my ER portfolio plans and away from my present accumulation phase allocations and balance. I started this yesterday and will shift it a little more each month.

I pursued two romantic relationships that went nowhere in '07. I'm looking to improve on that in '08.

Sometimes pursuing drives away the target, maybe let the target come to you??

Sometimes pursuing drives away the target, maybe let the target come to you??

Ahh, Zen and the art of dating. In one case I perhaps pursued too diligently and in the other case I just lost interest. I agree there is in dating just as in life a middle way that usually proves to be the proper course.

I will be working on all 4...the hardest being the relationship one....I just don't have patience for the dating....hate dressing up, trying to eat cautiously, making small talk, and all that!

Party harder - because it will be my 15th year of ER - and I'm not getting any younger . Does turning 65 make one a regular old phart or perhaps - a senior ER?

Spend more cause my portfolio is still going up and I heard you can't take it with you - right?

heh heh heh - ;)

P.S. - Health, Wealth and Happiness!

My guest blond from Alabama(formerly 36 yrs in New Orleans) is cooking for a few of us exiles.

Translation: Cabbage, pork and black eyed peas with a penny in them.

Fried cabbage with black pepper(not cayenne), marinated pork chops( have done pork roast in the Past) and peas/jalapeno pepper(some use bacon bits or ham or snaps) with perhaps some dashes of LSU Tiger Sauce for zip.

heh heh heh - :cool: live to eat not eat to live.

• Lose fiddy lbs.
  • Be able to run 2 miles (1/2 way there now)
  • Sell current house
  • Once house is sold, pay cash for smaller house, which will enable us to max out all the retirement accounts (TSP, 401k, 2x ROTH IRAs)
  • Pay off all other debts & remain debt free forever
  • I'm sure I can think of some more...........

I am going to declutter and try to be more organized around the house.

I've been carrying an extra 15lbs since my surgery in June, I want it gone and I want to get back to my normal exercise routine.
Decluttering has been an on going project since Nov, the trick for me is to keep what I've decluttered uncluttered.

Those are the two biggest things I want to tackle in 2008, there are more but if I make a large list it will demotivate me and I'll do nothing.

P.S. - Health, Wealth and Happiness!

My guest blond from Alabama(formerly 36 yrs in New Orleans) is cooking for a few of us exiles.

Translation: Cabbage, pork and black eyed peas with a penny in them.

Fried cabbage with black pepper(not cayenne), marinated pork chops( have done pork roast in the Past) and peas/jalapeno pepper(some use bacon bits or ham or snaps) with perhaps some dashes of LSU Tiger Sauce for zip.

heh heh heh - :cool: live to eat not eat to live.

That's about the same here for New Year's Day......a hunk of ham hock and black-eyed peas with some jalapeños .......and corn bread, of course! An old family tradition (about the only one we still have) that dates back a hundred years or more! :D

RE-may 23rd
Travel, Italy, Central America, US National Parks...
Relax

Found this New Year's Resolution for 2004. Perhaps that poster would like to update us on how it went?

- Lose about 30lbs. In my old "work life" I was always running around and missed a lot of meals, while in my new "fart around life" I've become a very good cook and heavily sample my own wares. I'm currently in the 10th trimester with a "food baby". Fortunately I love to rollerblade and my new digs are a few blocks from a paved bike path. My old house was in a VERY hilly area and I like my bones unbroken. Now to get back into it. I'll also have to break out my kayak and try out the local (slow moving) river. If anyone hasnt tried kayaking and you have a lake, pond or slow moving river nearby, do it. A cheapo model with a good paddle costs under $200. If you find those too heavy, I've seen people in their 70's and 80's paddling around in the extra heavy duty inflatable ones. Dont worry about tipping, i've tipped over once and I was fiddling around when I did it, so it was self induced. Great upper body exercise.

- Walk my dogs more. I used to do this a lot, but in my new neighborhood many of the neighbors have decided that the leash laws dont apply to them and leave their fido's to run loose. While its certainly an adrenaline rush, having two huge dogs run at you and your two leashed dogs full tilt and not knowing their intentions isnt my idea of a good time. I'll need to find a good place to take them. Its good exercise for both of us.

- Get my big fat lump of cash fully invested.

- Simplify my life further. I bought a fun little book called...guess what..."simplify your life". Highly recommended for us ER folks. Some of it is over the top, but its a good little read. I need to lose one of my two cars. I still have way too much junk I use once or twice a year. I dont need two sets of golf clubs.

- Watch TV less. I bought a damn Tivo a couple of years ago and it turned me into a tv watcher. Before I couldnt be bothered to structure my life to get in front of a tv at the time the network started a show, and when a commecial came on I sometimes wandered off and never returned. Tivo changed that, it now dutifully records dozens of tv shows for me every day. The good side of it is that I used to have Directv with every channel at about $80 a month, just so that when I sat down there'd be "something on". With the tivo all I need is just basic cable, and if I could get good antenna reception, that'd be enough "source material" for the tivo to fill up with stuff thats worth watching. But where I used to be a "movie a night" and weekend sports watcher, I now watch way too many regular tv shows. I need to substitute more reading, more dog walks, and more kayaking and rollerblading.

- My girlfriend on looking over my shoulder at this just told me I need to kiss her more often. No problem with that. I didnt even wait until new years.

Thats probably enough for this year.

SAME as last year ~

* Lose a few pounds (as I sit here stuffin' my face with double dipped chocolate covered peanuts....oh yeah, that's gonna happen!) :uglystupid:

* Learn a 2nd language...Spanglish maybe?....it'd be nice to be able to converse with the guys that keep my yard lookin' nice!.....other than by pointin', guesses and gestures!! :eek:

That's it....anything more and I'd be overwhelmed!

Back
Top Bottom