2021 Investment Performance Thread

I'm looking at +15.37% for YTD. I'm right at 15% gain YTD with a -.39% on the start of February 2021.

Last edited:
My portfolio is up 20.7% YTD. Mostly VTSAX or VTI, with a few REITs sprinkled in.
It's amazing, I'm up more then 6 times my yearly spend rate.
We're all happy now, it will be interesting when another 2008 comes along!

Jan 21 + ?? I didn't check whoops
Feb 21 +1.58% after a pull-back
Mar 21 +8.26% Not a bad month but still trailing all 3 major indexes
Apr 21 Not sure what I was at in between jobs didn't have time to mark it down
May 21 +9.3% and hoping to get my 401k contributions going again with a new job and >120 months to ER ignition.
Jun 21 +15% 100% equities. Got an early 40th bday present beating all 3 indices, crossed another milestone. Big party, big presents, big fun! 119months to ER liftoff.
Jul 21 +16.8% Easy update. Still 100% equity portfolio. >118mo to ER.
Aug 21 +21%. Beating all 3 major, DJI,SP500,Nasdaq
Sep 21 +14.5%. the markets giveth, and the markets taketh. Used some dry powder this week
Oct 21 +23% 100% equities. back to all time highs. I might start to build a position in TSLA. Still contemplating. Never too late to the party if the party keeps going!

At least your efforts are paying off, you are beating the "market" as VTSAX total market is up 22.91% as of today.

Best to you,

VW

September 2021
YTD return for an actively managed 50/50 port is 8.98% (RLBGX).
Cash and gifts joyfully given over to the DWZ (Die With Zero) category.
This month the market gave us nothing and took a few months back!
Still have more than the end of last year.
:clap:
October 2021
YTD return for an actively managed 50/50 port is 13.06% (RLBGX). Monthly return was 2.88%. Numbers from M*.

Our total portfolio balance is 6.74% year-to-date.
Additional cash going out this month and next to pay for 3 weeks in Germany.
;)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Yeah, I don't get it. Is it just too much money with no place to go but the stock market? YMMV

I don't get it either.

My portfolio is up 20.7% YTD. Mostly VTSAX or VTI, with a few REITs sprinkled in.
It's amazing, I'm up more then 6 times my yearly spend rate.
We're all happy now, it will be interesting when another 2008 comes along!

That's why I am cutting my stock AA down to 66%. It was as high as 80% last year.

19.5% YTD, pretty much 100% equities. Underperforming the S & P due to some early bonehead moves, but coming on strong.

Almost 3 times my annual salary in gains...why am I still working again? (Oh yea, because this cannot continue at this pace)

(After inflation, maybe up 7%)

10.18% YTD with Current AA of 51.15/45.67/3.18

Target Asset Allocation is 50/50

Retired effective 1-Feb-21.

Grateful for a good first year - so far....

At least your efforts are paying off, you are beating the "market" as VTSAX total market is up 22.91% as of today.

Best to you,

VW

Thanks for the recognition. I realize its not an easy task beating Mr Market. I do it with a simpleton approach DCA buying every week and on the dips when I have dry powder. 10% of the folio is AAPL, then the rest is split nicely between 3 pie pieces 50% VUG (largecap), 25% VOT (midcap), 25% VBK (smallcap). Someone on this forum keyed me into that mix and its worked out well.

You made me check the 5 yr return vs and it looks like I am at 118.6% over that period. Just baaarely eeking out for the win...reminds me of those sprint races in the olympics where the guy like pushes his neck out to get the win by a nose hair :greetings10:
mix.PNG

chart.PNG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom