2022 Investment Performance Thread

up +3.7% YTD.
Sold some energy holdings after run up so asset allocation is down to 62% equity /48% fixed asset.

Ytd -5.72.

Up 7.4% YTD due to being heavy energy which I have been paring down a bit recently -- now at 45% equities (down from 55%).

Down 5% after monthly RMD distributions, would be less, but too lazy to calculate.

First quarter 2022, S&P500 was down 4.9%, and the Bloomberg US Aggregate bond index down 6%, it’s worst quarter in 40 years.

Me -2.76%. Have decent commodity exposure in my 70% Equity.

Overall -3.21% YTD.

We are 82/5/13 as our bond & CD holdings continue to reach maturity & we are not replacing them.

Losers were the accounts with US & Int'l index funds, they are -4.5%.

Winner was the account with dividend funds & stocks, it is +4.9% (but it's a much smaller $ amount).

BrianB

Down 4.0% YTD on 2/3 equities. One day before, it was more than 1/2% better.

I can't really report accurately until the first of the month, because I've got a good fraction of the portfolio that is priced daily, and not until long after the close.

That tanking on the last day of the month doesn't bode well for the future.

Down about 1.5% for the 1st quarter, AA 35/46/19.

Another month, another bookkeeping entry.

Jan 31, YTD -4.18%, stock AA 78.0%
Feb 28, YTD -3.22%, stock AA 73.8%.

Mar 31, YTD -0.18%, stock AA 74.7%

I was in the black and up to 1.75% YTD 2 days ago, but it did not last.

As I just looked at the total reported by Quicken as I do everyday, I noticed that the stash value was higher than the beginning of the year, not lower. So, how did I get -0.18% as I posted earlier?

It turned out that I messed up and swapped the numbers. The corrected number is:

Mar 31, YTD +0.18%, stock AA 74.7%

Not a lot of difference, but the symbolic significance is that I am in the black. :)

I can't really report accurately until the first of the month, because I've got a good fraction of the portfolio that is priced daily, and not until long after the close...

I rely on Quicken, and just use the total when it adds up all the accounts. Stock prices are running 20 minutes behind the real-time market price, and MF pricing are generally reported about 2 to 3 hours after market close each day.

The only thing Quicken could not get is the option pricing. This, I have to rely on the brokerage reporting, and adjust the Quicken total amount to match.

Up 1.75% due to energy ETF and some energy stocks.

up +3.7% YTD.
Sold some energy holdings after run up so asset allocation is down to 62% equity /48% fixed asset.

Up 7.4% YTD due to being heavy energy which I have been paring down a bit recently -- now at 45% equities (down from 55%).

What helps me were my energy holdings, and also industrial metal i.e. steel/aluminum/copper producers and miners. Phosphate miners also rock (pun intended).

However, I just barely broke even because my holdings in semiconductors were pummeled.

I actually have more in semiconductors than in the above hot sectors. Luckily the semis dropped a mere 15-20%, while the hot stocks went up as much as 50-100%, and just a bit of them helped a lot.

Glad that I checked this thread.
I broke even for the year on Wednesday but down -0.78% as of Friday thanks to Thursday

Last edited:
Down about 1.5% YTD, but that includes my YTD expenses (as losses) which I have not calculated lately.

I am down 5.84% from my all time high, also counting expenses as losses.

Since FIRE in 2016, I am up 14.66%, also counting expenses as losses.

[edit]

I did my expenses YTD and factoring those in, my portfolio is down 0.87% YTD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom