2022 Investment Performance Thread

-3.63% (About 55/45) Canadian stocks are +7.09%.

FINALLY.....Got ahead of where I would have been if I had not spent almost a year in mostly cash like assets.... My non real estate assets are up over25% YTD. (Moved heavily into energy and related commodities in early 2021).
(I will scale back out into other industries / markets....energy has some room to run, still undervalued, but not as undervalued as it was last year).

YTD, down 1% in equities, 4.5% in bonds. Good thing I have over 80% equities eh?

Bonds. Boring as usual and getting worse all the time.

YTD, down 1% in equities, 4.5% in bonds. Good thing I have over 80% equities eh?

Bonds. Boring as usual and getting worse all the time.

Individual bonds are getting very interesting. 2.8% on 3 year bonds. I bonds paying 8%. Owning a bond fund is hurting right now, but owning individual bonds is not so bad. Matches up nicely with my 30 year 2.25% fixed rate mortgage.

Individual bonds are getting very interesting. 2.8% on 3 year bonds. I bonds paying 8%. Owning a bond fund is hurting right now, but owning individual bonds is not so bad.

After holding on for 20+ years, I started slowly moving out of my bond fund (RPSIX) holdings about six months ago. Flat to negative total return and declining income.

As of 12-Apr-22, our Portfolio is down <-5.88%> from 1-Jan-22

Our AA is 51% Equities, 40% Bonds and 9% Cash which is just about on target for us

We like keep 2 to 3 years Cash on hand for the normal Peaks and Valleys of the Market.

Individual bonds are getting very interesting. 2.8% on 3 year bonds. I bonds paying 8%. Owning a bond fund is hurting right now, but owning individual bonds is not so bad. Matches up nicely with my 30 year 2.25% fixed rate mortgage.

I have the individual bonds and not planning on selling either. It's just declining value as interest rates rise. Nothing new of course.

Taking RMDs out of the snapshot, down 1.98% thru end of March.

Down 5.2% from end of 2021 excluding withdrawals for RMDs. AA; stock 85%, bonds 15%

Down about 6% now YTD, way more than that in real return if you believe inflation is around 9% to 10% like I do.

Down about 7.3% this year so far but I am afraid that the Bear Market just started.

6% down as of today. AA to heavy in bonds, but it is what it is. Holding for now. Only thing I’m doing is not reinvesting any dividends and interest - increasing cash position. Not selling (locking in any losses).

I guess no one is rushing in to report April YTD results :)

April was a horrible month for me.

I went from -0.87% YTD at the end of March to -8.26% as of tonight. And that was with a relatively low equity exposure.

I had been trying to increase my equity exposure by shopping the "bargains" in the tech growth sector (a.k.a. falling knives). So despite the huge hit, my equity percentage actually went up by a little under 1%. I guess you could say that I am rebalancing :)

YTD down -8.07% with AA = 100% equities.

Stay calm, carry on! With over a century worth of data and our 30+ year time horizon, this little dip will be long forgotten!

Will be starting May with the Portfolio down <-9.08%> since 1-Jan-22. :(

Current AA is 53.5% Equities, 43.3% Bonds & 3.2% Cash

Jan 31, YTD -4.18%, stock AA 78.0%
Feb 28, YTD -3.22%, stock AA 73.8%.
Mar 31, YTD -0.18%, stock AA 74.7%

Apr 30, YTD -7.57%, stock AA 74.6%

YTD -7.4%. I'm now where I was in October 2020
Holding tight! Patient for a turnaround

50/50 Portfolio BALANCE
Jan-22-3.87%
Feb-22-1.29%
Mar-22+0.62%
YTD-4.53

April-2022
Roughly speaking, our portfolio total is down about 5% from a year ago. YTD total is -4.64%. I don't measure performance, and just keep the AA of low-cost index funds on target.
For us, the 1-year time period includes significant transfer of wealth to the kids.

This page has a list of portfolios and performance for 1- and 10-years.
https://portfolioslab.com/lazy-portfolios

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 65
Down 12.34 YTD invested 80/20 portfolio. I will just stay pat and hope that markets don't stay down for years.

I bled about 7% in April after yesterday's drubbing.

But interestingly, my AA is largely intact.

+/- 1% here and there but nothing that requires any changes.

Up 5.4% YTD due to high energy exposure. A couple of weeks ago was up over 9% YTD so even energy has taken a bit of a hit recently.

Back
Top Bottom