I'm 4.2 million richer!

finnski1

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Just received this email this morning.
Can't believe my net worth will be going up so well!!!! :dance:.

For Your Prompt Attention:

I am Peter Douglas, United Nations Inspection Agent in Harts field Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Atlanta GA. We are conducting second phase audition, all abandoned Consignment in USA Airports are being transferred to our facilities here for inspection and confiscation. During our investigation,I discovered an abandoned luggage on your name which was transferred to our facility here in Harts field Jackson Atlanta International Airport and when scanned it, it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Trunk Box. The
consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money, rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid diversion by the Diplomatic Agent also the Diplomat inability to pay for Non Inspection Fees.
On my assumption, the box will contain more than $6M and the consignment is left in storage house till today through a Courier Dispatch Service. The Consignment is a metal box with weight of about 162LBS (Internal dimension:W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) Effective capacity:680 L)Approximately.

The details of the consignment includes your name, the official document from United Nations office in London all are tagged on the Metal Trunk box. I want to use my good office and clear the Consignment and deliver it to you. If you WILL ACCEPT MY CONDITION and want us to transact the delivery for mutual benefit, you should provide Your Name, Phone Number and Full Address, to cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official document including the name of nearest Airport around you and other details. You should send the required details to me for onward delivery.

All communication must be held extremely confidential, I can get everything concluded within 24 to 48hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery. But it must be on the condition that you will give me 30% of the amount contained in the box and i must get assurance from you concerning my 30%
before i will proceed.

I want us to transact this business and share the money, since the shipper have abandoned it and ran away. I will pay for the Non-inspection fee and arrange for the box to be moved out of the Airport to your address, Once i am through,I will deliver the consignment by myself to avoid any more trouble. But the sharing formula will be 70% for you and 30% for me, you have to assure me of my 30%. Do respond to
me if you are interested to conclude this with me.

Regards,
Peter Douglas
INSPECTION OFFICER.

Congratulations on the windfall!
I'm surprised he didn't ask for your bank account details/ credit card to pay for the inspection fees and freight etc.

Just received this email this morning.
Can't believe my net worth will be going up so well!!!! :dance:.
On my assumption, the box will contain more than $6M and the consignment is left in storage house till today through a Courier Dispatch Service. The Consignment is a metal box with weight of about 162LBS (Internal dimension:W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) Effective capacity:680 L)Approximately.

All communication must be held extremely confidential, I can get everything concluded within 24 to 48hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery. But it must be on the condition that you will give me 30% of the amount contained in the box and i must get assurance from you concerning my 30%
before i will proceed.

I want us to transact this business and share the money, since the shipper have abandoned it and ran away...But the sharing formula will be 70% for you and 30% for me, you have to assure me of my 30%. Do respond to
me if you are interested to conclude this with me.

Regards,
Peter Douglas
INSPECTION OFFICER.
Hurry before the time runs out. Send $1.6M by tomorrow, sometime. Not sure if he wanted a check or MO, maybe a certified check?

Good thing it's says Official documents, otherwise I'd think you're being scammed!

What a misleading thread title!

You will only get 70% of the $4.2M, which is $2.94M. The OP should have the moderator team edit the thread title to represent the real number. But we can excuse the OP from this mistake, in his excitement to share the good news.

How can the kind Mr. Douglas be assured of his share of 30%, which is $1.26M? If you do not have this much cash, other forum members will be happy to chip in, but then they will also want their cut. :nonono:

I think the kind Mr. Douglas will accept something much less from you as a down payment. Maybe $10K of cash via Western Union will be acceptable as proof of your good will?

WOW!

Spend some time on Reddit looking at the posted scams on r/scams. Some are amazingly intricate (frighteningly so) and creative.

You should counter offer to give up the remaining 70% of your share for a $2.1 million cashier's check. The surrender letter will be held in escrow for 4 weeks until the check clears.

Now both you and "Peter Douglas" can retire early. Sounds like a win-win!

Last edited:
What a misleading thread title!

You will only get 70% of the $4.2M, which is $2.94M. The OP should have the moderator team edit the thread title to represent the real number. But we can excuse the OP from this mistake, in his excitement to share the good news.

How can the kind Mr. Douglas be assured of his share of 30%, which is $1.26M? If you do not have this much cash, other forum members will be happy to chip in, but then they will also want their cut. :nonono:

I think the kind Mr. Douglas will accept something much less from you as a down payment. Maybe $10K of cash via Western Union will be acceptable as proof of your good will?

No it was 6 million total I already did the math on the 70% :cool:

You need to ask for more. When a Nigerian Prince offered me a few million dollars to help him get money into the USA, I also asked for goats which I needed to help keep the weeds down on some vacant land I own. But, don't get greedy. I asked for three goats and that was too much. The Prince chose somebody else. I think he would have gone for two goats.

:facepalm: you're right. I blew it.
Probably should do the dry-uary my head is not clear

No it was 6 million total I already did the math on the 70% :cool:

My apology. I scanned through the email so fast, I missed the $6M figure.

Wow, you are really getting a good deal.

Lemme see. 4% WR on $4.2M is an additional $168K/year. You have to be another Robbieb to blow this money. In fact, he said he will not sustain this spending, but you now can. Congrats.

Retire now! $4.2 million of Nigerian money is still a lot right?

even with another $168k a year I am not sure I could keep up with him!

Retire now! $4.2 million of Nigerian money is still a lot right?

The email says $6M, and we all assume the $ symbol means US dollars.

If it is in Nigerian naira, which is worth US$0.0028, then the 6M naira is $16.8K.

Ugh! You need to write back to ask for a confirmation. Gotta be sure on this.

But I already ordered a couple Teslas and a new Cayman S.

Robbieb only bought an Impala. You have surpassed him.

PS. Will the dealer accept the goats as payments?

If I ever win one of the really big powerballs, like 600 million, I am going to send out one of these emails that is actually real, just for grins. Imagine the chaos that would cause. If you give a mouse a pellet one time for pressing a lever, they will continue to press it 1000 more times.

Donate that find's rights as a Gift toward paying the Federal debt, then take a $4.2 charitable tax deduction.

I like how in the second line of the letter they say they are conducting "second phase audition" of these items.

Perhaps it's a dancing Metal Trunk Box? The box itself may be worth more than the money in it. Lucky you....what an opportunity!

Back
Top Bottom