Looking for Apple help; some questions

The magsafe is a usb c connector on the power supply end, so you only have magsafe on the laptop. You can choose either usb c to usb c/magsafe. Best of both worlds.

Thanks Ready and tulak, that makes it an easier decision. Now do I go with the 14" or 16".... I really need to see them in person to see if the 16" isn't too large to carry around.

If you use the laptop primarily on a desk the 16” is ideal. But I would not want to sit the 16” on my lap while working on a sofa or in bed. I’ve always gone with the smaller size figuring I can always add an external monitor if I need it. I like being able to carry the laptop around and easily set it on my lap while working in the family room where there is no desk available.

If you use the laptop primarily on a desk the 16” is ideal. But I would not want to sit the 16” on my lap while working on a sofa or in bed. I’ve always gone with the smaller size figuring I can always add an external monitor if I need it. I like being able to carry the laptop around and easily set it on my lap while working in the family room where there is no desk available.

+1
With the external monitor, since using it as a desktop, one can go large, like a 28" monitor.

I ordered the 14”. I currently have a 13” and use it with an external monitor. I have limited desk space and prefer the smaller laptop. I don’t travel with my laptop, but will use it around the house so the smaller size is nice.

I suspect that you can see them in Apple Stores now since they’re released. It would be worth a trip to see what size would work best for you.

Just as a related anecdote, I used to have a 17" MacBook Pro. I thought it would be the perfect compromise between daily desktop use and travel.
I was wrong. Way to big to be convenient when traveling, and I grew to hate it.

Now I have a small (13") MBP connected to a larger (24") monitor at home. Very happy with this arrangement and if I were getting one of the new ones I would definitely opt for the 14" rather than the 16" model.

In the last six weeks, I've bought a new MacBook Air for $849 and Mac Mini for $599. Both have M1 chips. Both are worth every penny. I got solid deals and am extremely satisfied.

FYI, I'm still working ... two jobs actually, and I spend a lot of time on Zoom and recording videos for work. So that makes a difference both in the cash outlay and the reason for buying two new computers.

The new Apple computers are phenomenal products. (And the stock isn't bad either.)

Back
Top Bottom