Portfolio Management Website

Culture

Recycles dryer sheets
This has to have been asked before, but I could not find it in searching the past threads:

Anyway, I have been using Google Finance for a portfolio management tool. it is pretty weak. Who has the best FREE website for managing a portfolio? I just want something where I can rapidly review performance, expenses, etc. I know FREE is a serious limitation, but then I am cheap. I am not looking for something for day trading, just something so can can keep track of the trends. Thanks for you suggestions.

There is only one free place to get decent asset allocation breakdown within a portfolio management tool and that is to use the Morningstar portfolio manager and portfolio X-ray analysis tool available FREE at the TRowePrice web site. Or you can pay for it at the Morningstar web site.

Here's how to get it free: http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/asset-allocation-tutorial-31324-2.html#post578722

Otherwise, use MSMoney or Quicken. Or use them as well.

If you are going to manage your own portfolio, and handle the taxes, you need something like Quicken/MSMoney. Yes it costs $40 every years, but it downloads the prices of your assets anytime you want, downloads all the transactions from your broker, and can transfer the year end data to turbotax.

Does anyone know of a free online tool which will let me figure out projected return and standard deviation for various blends of assets? The portfolio Xray tells me what asset blend I have now and the other portfolio tools tell me how a given fund or fund actually has performed, but where/how can I find out for planning purposes what return and standard deviation I should expect (based on historical data) with such & such an asset allocation?

Back
Top Bottom