Seeking Portfolio advice!!!

HF63

Recycles dryer sheets
Hola amigos,

Can you please critic my plan for the next step in life. I am using the bucket list for the plan and each bucket will have a 10 year period. The minimum that will be on each bucket is 100k.
  • 5 years in cash, next 5 years in short term investments
  • Next 10 years, I was thinking on using VASIX which is 20% in stocks
  • Final 10 years, I was thinking about welling or 30-40% in stocks

I going to withdraw 1000 dollars per month and it would not be adjusted for inflation since I can tap a pension plan in 2014 for another 400 dollars and later on social security.

I welcome all your ideas and thoughts!!!

Speedy
:whistle:

How old are you, how long do you want your money to last, do you want to leave some money, what are your expenses?

I am 47 years old and hoping for the money to last until I die. I do not have very good genes and if I make to 70 that will be very good. The expenses at this moment will probably only be 500 dollars per month. The only luxury that I am going to have is an internet conection and will minimize other expenses like propane by installing a solar heater and will probably create a Biodigester to capture the gas. The electric bill is going to be minimun since I will install PV panel. Property taxes and water are roughly 100 dollars per year. If burn through all the money that will probably be good!!!!

At 47, you may not even get any ss. If you do, I would try not to take it until you are 70. I woul stick with age in bonds or age -10 in bonds. Also may want some tips to protect against inflation. Why are exposing yourself to more equities as you age?

At 47, you may not even get any ss. If you do, I would try not to take it until you are 70. I woul stick with age in bonds or age -10 in bonds. Also may want some tips to protect against inflation. Why are exposing yourself to more equities as you age?
He's not -- he has a 60-40 asset allocation. 60% in stocks, 35% in short bonds, 5% cash.

I will like to thank everyone that reply to my post. As the moment gets closer, I am going to finalyze the plan and will be seeking your wisdom once more.
When I get some time Iam going to run the numbers in the social security website and I am not sure if been married makes any difference. The wife likes her job and will continue to work for another 3-5 years eventhough she is older than me. I'll come to visit her all summer long in Chicago but do not want to be here during winter at all!!!

The wife likes her job and will continue to work for another 3-5 years eventhough she is older than me. I'll come to visit her all summer long in Chicago but do not want to be here during winter at all!!!
2 comments:
1) Don't stay away too long. Women don't like that.
2) Having lived in Chitown, I agree about the winter.

The house is located in my home town a small town in Mexico. Yes, property taxes on the house is 50 dollars plus another 50 for water. The climate is kind of dry similar to Arizon!!!

Very sunny most of thr time great for solar heating and some PV panels.

Back
Top Bottom