Vanguard's Scottsdale office

I’ve been with Vanguard for 20 years or so. Never seen much less been to a Vanguard office…maybe I should find one just for fun?

Longer than 20 for me. Never heard that they even HAD offices. Can't find them on line...

I’ve been with Vanguard for 20 years or so. Never seen much less been to a Vanguard office…maybe I should find one just for fun?

I and when I'm in Scottsdale again I'm definitely going to check it out and see if I can get a tour.

Same situation here.

You might consider doing all consolidations, now, rather than wait for her to deal with it.

You are lucky to have a Vanguard location near, there are only Three, to my knowledge (Malvern and Charlotte are the other Two).

Went to website and there is no location mentioned anywhere I see...

If you want an advisor, look under products and services and on the right they have investment services listed.. pick what you want...

Your situation is one of the reasons I moved from VG to Fidelity a few years ago. There's a FIDO office close by and DW and I have had a couple of meetings with our FIDO consultant. We're strictly DIY, but when I'm gone I want someone for DW to meet in person.

My wife and I visited the Scottsdale site about 5 years or so with my FIL when we had a Flagship representative. We made an appointment with him and met for about 1 hour to help set up FIL's account and to clean up ours. We needed to have an appointment and to show id to get past security at the gate. There was additional security at the entrance to the building itself. Our Flagship rep met us at the door, and we went to a conference room to manage the accounts. I doubt that we could do this now as we no longer have a Flagship rep.

I live in Scottsdale and HAD an account with Vanguard. I asked them a couple of years ago if I could come in, and they said they don't meet with investors at their facility.

I live in Scottsdale and HAD an account with Vanguard. I asked them a couple of years ago if I could come in, and they said they don't meet with investors at their facility.

Yeah, I still haven't found a Vanguard "office" that's open to customers. Maybe someone here knows...

Yeah, I still haven't found a Vanguard "office" that's open to customers. Maybe someone here knows...

It looks like there aren't any.

I think it is time for me to look at Schwab and Fido since DW said she'd like an option to meet with someone in person for account questions and transfers when I pass.

This was one of the reasons I left Vanguard for Fidelity. Since signing up with Fidelity in Jan 2024, I've been in contact with Fidelity multiple times, and they always followed up quickly.

As far as I can tell, there are at least one or two Edward Jones offices per square mile in every city, town, village and hamlet in the country. Maybe a few more at some of the larger highway rest areas. So there certainly are alternatives. :LOL:

As far as I can tell, there are at least one or two Edward Jones offices per square mile in every city, town, village and hamlet in the country. Maybe a few more at some of the larger highway rest areas. So there certainly are alternatives. :LOL:

You are a funny guy, you are. Seriously though, I'm actually in the process of transferring a couple of inherited accounts out of EJ. DM's guy was very friendly right up until he realized I wasn't keeping the money with him. Not so much anymore.

If OP insists on the personal contact thing, then transferring everything to Fidelity (or similar) is about the only answer.

Otherwise, train her to log into her Vanguard account on both her smartphone and your PC and have her do some simple things:
Transfer $1000 from taxable settlement fund to her checking account.
Transfer $1500 from her checking account to her taxable settlement fund.
Set up a market order or limit order to buy a few shares of VOO in her taxable account.
Set up a small Roth conversion at year's end from her tIRA.

All of the above is straight forward simple and can be done on your smartphone while reclining.
She needs to embrace responsibility for her own long-term well-being...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom