Will obgyn65 meet his goal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goal is to spend $50,000 this year for personal expenses. I can afford this, as my spreadsheet says I can spend two or even three times as much, even if I FIREd today. Will keep people informed of my progress under this thread.

So far, I failed in January. It looks like I have spent only $2,000 so far. As mentioned in other threads, I have no problem giving some cash for projects helping others here and abroad, such as supporting free clinics, sending kids clothes to third world countries, or sending meds. But I just can't seem to be able to spend on myself. I don't really want anything more than what I have now - that's the simple truth.

Now adding a girlfriend and child? So, what's your revised spending goal now?

Well I met my goal for April, thanks to a big tax bill. I guess I should be grateful :)

Yes, taxes will do that but it is hard to be grateful. :LOL: I had somewhat the same experience. Between my estimated taxes, my (uninsured) dental implant surgery, and the new 55" plasma TV + entertainment center + game console for my home gym, my spending in March and the first half of April went way up too.

I am not exactly thrilled at the hit to my bank account either, even though I can afford it (barely). After years of struggling and frugality, now that my situation is better I find that I get a lot of pleasure out of knowing that I can spend more than I am actually spending. So, I am cutting back for a little while until that is the case again, so that I am no longer so close to my upper maximum for spending.

Last edited:
I'm finishing up remodeling of bathrooms and kitchen.

Then paid taxes and even some back taxes.

Then have a trip to London in two days and a trip to Italy at the end of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom