Blow that Dough! - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a proper blow! Got myself a Tesla Model X.
Wow - way to go!!!!

I see DH looking longingly at them now that we finally see Teslas in the Valley, but gosh - not sure we are ready to blow that much dough on a car.

Just got back from a week in Vancouver. Didn't rent a car though; the hotel was 3 blocks from the metrorail station.

Thank you all - electric cars cost significantly less to drive and I drive quite a bit. Not a bad combination.

So much for your screen name! :D

I get your point. For me it was a choice of having 3.9 million in net worth and continue driving a Prius (excellent car, they are everywhere in CA.) or buying 2 Tesla's and having 3.8 mil. I chose the latter.

My miserly ways put me in a position to have the disposable cash to afford my purchases. What's the point of accumulating money if its not used to improve one's life?

The Model 3 received the highest safety rating in the last 7 years from the NHTSA. I think automobile safety should be a priority.

Lastly, I appreciate all the good financial advice you write in your posts. I always pay close attention to them.

I get your point. For me it was a choice of having 3.9 million in net worth and continue driving a Prius (excellent car, they are everywhere in CA.) or buying 2 Tesla's and having 3.8 mil. I chose the latter.

My miserly ways put me in a position to have the disposable cash to afford my purchases. What's the point of accumulating money if its not used to improve one's life?

The Model 3 received the highest safety rating in the last 7 years from the NHTSA. I think automobile safety should be a priority.

Lastly, I appreciate all the good financial advice you write in your posts. I always pay close attention to them.

Do you have any concerns with Tesla as an ongoing business concern?
i.e. service and parts down the road, etc....

Do you have any concerns with Tesla as an ongoing business concern?
i.e. service and parts down the road, etc....

The company has growing pains. So far none has affected me. I don't think Tesla is going anywhere. I wagered my 2 purchases on it.

There are those that have predicted Tesla's demise for quite awhile, and yet Tesla sales keep growing.

The adoption of new technology takes time and frequently is opposed by those that want things "to remain like the good old days". But the world keeps changing none the less.

And there are other choices out there besides Tesla. I've driven the Leaf, Bolt, and BMW's electric car. Many more models will be available in a couple years.

Thank you Dtail for your question

You all, I cannot BELIEVE that I just did this!!! OMG OMG OMG :eek: :clap: :dance:
This is totally, completely frivolous and not a need at all. Anyway, I just ordered a brand new Dell laptop computer with tons of resources including a 17" monitor and an SSD drive and more.

OK, I admit it, we all have weaknesses and mine is that I have a *thing* about new computers. Nothing in the world is more fun for me than getting and setting up a shiny new computer. My present workhorse of a computer is perfectly fine. I really do not need a new laptop, especially one tricked out this nicely, but I want one and delivery is Tuesday.

See, the thing is (excuse follows): My projected annual spending for 2018 is down $12K from what it usually is. And, I have higher SS this year too. Just the extra SS between now and the end of the year would cover it. And I'm 70 years old and can't take it with me so why not.

Anyway, I am so excited! "Dude, it's a Dell!", and with a big 17" display, too. I'll give my present perfectly good Acer laptop computer to Frank. Blow that Dough!

You all, I cannot BELIEVE that I just did this!!! OMG OMG OMG :eek: :clap: :dance:
This is totally, completely frivolous and not a need at all. Anyway, I just ordered a brand new Dell laptop computer with tons of resources including a 17" monitor and an SSD drive.

OK, I admit it, we all have weaknesses and mine is that I have a *thing* about new computers. Nothing in the world is more fun for me than getting and setting up a shiny new computer. My present workhorse of a computer is perfectly fine. I really do not need a new laptop, especially one tricked out this nicely, but I want one and delivery is Tuesday.

See, the thing is (excuse follows): My projected annual spending for 2018 is down $12K from what it usually is. And, I have higher SS this year too. Just the extra SS between now and the end of the year would cover it.

Anyway, I am so excited! "Dude, it's a Dell!", and with a big 17" display, too. I'll give my present perfectly good Acer laptop computer to Frank. Blow that Dough!

I thought you just bought a new laptop. Geez, I would probably have offered to buy your old new computer if you weren't sending it next door...

I thought you just bought a new laptop. Geez, I would probably have offered to buy your old new computer if you weren't sending it next door...
:ROFLMAO: I know! I don't need a new laptop at all, which is why this is a "blow that dough" event rather than just a "replacement of necessary household items" event. My present laptop is only 18 months old. This is sort of like those women with the purse obsessions I guess, or the guys who go around buying more cars than they have hands to drive them.

Speaking of cars, I forgot to say to Christine,
Finally a proper blow! Got myself a Tesla Model X.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Hehe, nah, look at her dance! She's happy and joyous and full of zip.

That's how blowing the dough is supposed to make you feel - :)

I see that RobbieB has been a bad influence on you....:D

:ROFLMAO: I must admit that this thread has made me think twice about my spending habits. :D But really, until I manage to get my WR up as high as 1% then I might as well just let loose and buy some stuff just for the fun of it.
:clap: :dance:

:ROFLMAO: I must admit that this thread has made me think twice about my spending habits. :D But really, until I manage to get my WR up as high as 1% then I might as well just let loose and buy some stuff.
1%? Groan. Here I am trying to hold it to 4. My goodness.

One has to admit, it is very pleasing to see someone really enjoy a purchase. :)

:ROFLMAO: I must admit that this thread has made me think twice about my spending habits. :D But really, until I manage to get my WR up as high as 1% then I might as well just let loose and buy some stuff just for the fun of it.

That explains the change in avatar...

W2R, I thought you finally bought that SUV you've been eyeing. Oh well, I think shiney new laptops are more fun than cars anyway.

1%? Groan. Here I am trying to hold it to 4. My goodness.
Good! You understand why I bought it. I over-engineered my retirement and don't want anything else that I can think of. I absolutely do NOT need it but gosh, it is going to be so nifty.
One has to admit, it is very pleasing to see someone really enjoy a purchase. :)
Honestly this is the kind of thing I never thought I would do! I usually try to be more sensible. Anyway, this is going to be such fun. :D

W2R, I thought you finally bought that SUV you've been eyeing. Oh well, I think shiney new laptops are more fun than cars anyway.
I do, too!

Thing is, I wasn't really able to find a new SUV that I like better than my present 2009 Venza. And it only has 29,500 miles on it. I'd buy a new one this afternoon if car manufacturers would make one that I would like better. But they are too busy trying to think of new electronics to add on that will boss me around and make driving their SUV as little fun as possible.

That explains the change in avatar...
Maybe so! I just had an unexplainable desire to change it to Shirley Temple late last night. This was before deciding to buy the new laptop, so maybe I was subconsciously trying to tell myself to go ahead and do it. :)

Just signed a contract to buy a $1M house. Yowzers.

Now that's a lotta dough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom