Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not legal here in CA. Go fish.

I've always wanted to do the old time long range open sights thing. Black powder cartridge loaded with heavy bullets, subsonic with the big tall ladder sights.

Quigley down under.

Hang say a 3 x 3 foot 3/8" thick steel plate off a couple posts on a hill, paint it red and loft those pellets in. High trajectory of course as low velocity and you can hear the hit. Which is good as you can't see it

You see a lot of those steel plate targets here. I don't have any setup but I have used other friends have here.

Quigley had a model 1874 Sharps Buffalo rifle. You can still get them I beleive.

This Photos Tells it All.

A picture is worth a Thousand [-]Words[/-], or did I mean $$$$

Attachments

• IMG_0159 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0159 (Medium).JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0161 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0161 (Medium).JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 117
That is beautiful garage/shop.

A picture is worth a Thousand [-]Words[/-], or did I mean $$$$

Nice! That’s what I want my garage to look like. Maybe next year. After we got the pool last year, me and DW agreed to no large projects this year.

May I ask, how much was the floor? That’s the thing I’m most worried about if I get into it on my garage.

Nice! That’s what I want my garage to look like. Maybe next year. After we got the pool last year, me and DW agreed to no large projects this year.

May I ask, how much was the floor? That’s the thing I’m most worried about if I get into it on my garage.

Price varies by contractor, floor condition and material you want them to use. Epoxy is the Cheapest and Polyurea is the most expensive. Cost varies between $2.50 and $5.50 a square foot. We went for the best material with a 15 year guarantee. Our cost was in the upper middle.

$6.3K to replace our Sleep Number mattress. We bought our top of the line SN 3.5 years ago. Purchased the split bed and dislike it intensely as the 'cuddle factor' is a 1 rather than 10. So today we dropped $6.3K to purchase a partial split mattress...the bottom foot portion is one piece and the top is separate to allow individual head positions. So our new bead cost us $16.3K :facepalm:...ouch.
We had a neighbor who had bought a new king sized mattress and box spring and the furniture store was going to take away her Sleep Number. At the same time, we has a firm king sized mattress that DW hated, so we just swapped. While I like the Sleep Number, I had no idea that they cost so much!

Price varies by contractor, floor condition and material you want them to use. Epoxy is the Cheapest and Polyurea is the most expensive. Cost varies between $2.50 and $5.50 a square foot. We went for the best material with a 15 year guarantee. Our cost was in the upper middle.

Thanks!

We had a neighbor who had bought a new king sized mattress and box spring and the furniture store was going to take away her Sleep Number. At the same time, we has a firm king sized mattress that DW hated, so we just swapped. While I like the Sleep Number, I had no idea that they cost so much!

Wow, great deal!!! SN has a number of different 'grades' of beds, greatly varying in price. I don't recall the differences in the various grades and why we decided on the one we got. I imagine having the ability to vary the head/foot positions add greatly to the price.

Nah, put the old one in the garage as a spillover fridge. Great for sodas and water, and extra space in a pinch. Acts as your failover as well to avoid the panic buy if the main dies.

Our old one is over 20 years old now, doing just fine in a florida garage since 2007.

I have one like that in the garage and I have one in a studio I built in our attic. But, I did find someone to gift the old fridge to, a drug addiction rehab living facility;

https://www.tbrm.org/

I have one like that in the garage and I have one in a studio I built in our attic. But, I did find someone to gift the old fridge to, a drug addiction rehab living facility;

https://www.tbrm.org/

Good deal!

We're so dependent on the flexibility of the extra fridge now, if it died I'd go out and buy the cheapest thing I could find to put in its place. Our kitchen one is counter-depth as well, so it really has limited space for bulkier things, especially the freezer. Most likely the newer indoor one will give out before the older garage one.

To blow the dough, a shooter could do worse than with a Barrett 50-cal gun. Weight of 32 lbs, and length almost 5'. This is your dream gun.

The initial outlay is $10K, but after that each shot is only $3.

Everything I've seen or read about this weapon is that it is amazing - but not fun. Shooting one of these is brutal and a true assault on the body and the senses. Having said that, I'd like to try it once. YMMV

Wow, great deal!!! SN has a number of different 'grades' of beds, greatly varying in price. I don't recall the differences in the various grades and why we decided on the one we got. I imagine having the ability to vary the head/foot positions add greatly to the price.

Our doesn't elevate head or feet... just can adjust firmness for each side with a wired control that adds or takes out air. Funny thing, after testing various setting the first few nights, we haven't touched it in years.

Our doesn't elevate head or feet... just can adjust firmness for each side with a wired control that adds or takes out air. Funny thing, after testing various setting the first few nights, we haven't touched it in years.

I'll never again do without the ability to adjust the head position. I suffer from vertigo and that feature is a godsend. Also for reading in bed.

I can’t sleep laying down when sick because of my asthma. I bought one where the head elevates.

The color is called Supersonic Red and it's only available (at extra cost) on some Toyota models. It really is stunning. My first (and most likely only) red car. My response to Koolau and my DH is that I really don't think LEOs are going to pay much attention to a Prius, so I hope I'm right.

There is essentially no inventory of anything and according to the dealer, with the 2022s coming out in late summer, it will get worse before it gets better due to the production downtime for model-year switchover.

I was able to test drive a regular Prius about a month ago and they checked their list of cars they were expecting to come in and found this one - exactly what I wanted. I thought it over for a few days and checked to see if I could find one in Houston or Dallas at a better price, but no one had anything. So it was a no-haggle deal at sticker price. Could have been better, but could have been worse.

ETA: I just got back from a 20 mile round trip without using the gas engine and a good bit of battery capacity left. Very cool!

Prius Primes currently have a $4,500 rebate in the Northern California market. Can't understand why.

Did the paperwork for a new to me car today. It's a 3 year old Audi A5 convertible, top of the line with every option available. Neighbor had it coming off lease and wasn't going to buy it. Told me a few months ago I could have it for the buyout price. Despite having upgraded both cars over the winter due to the deals (before the shortage came up), I was thinking a fun car was in the works.

Fast forward to end of lease time, and they could have made more money than selling to me with the price increases in the used car market, but they stuck by our verbal agreement. They were originally thinking they would turn it in since their family situation changed after getting it and it no longer made sense for them. But said they'd let me come out ahead instead of the dealer.

And... only 12K miles. Woohoo! :)

Did the paperwork for a new to me car today. It's a 3 year old Audi A5 convertible, top of the line with every option available. Neighbor had it coming off lease and wasn't going to buy it. Told me a few months ago I could have it for the buyout price. Despite having upgraded both cars over the winter due to the deals (before the shortage came up), I was thinking a fun car was in the works.

Fast forward to end of lease time, and they could have made more money than selling to me with the price increases in the used car market, but they stuck by our verbal agreement. They were originally thinking they would turn it in since their family situation changed after getting it and it no longer made sense for them. But said they'd let me come out ahead instead of the dealer.

Nice.

That is such a gorgeous car, I love it. Enjoy it and post a pic.....

Sounds good but when you buy a car which has finished its lease, you no longer have a warranty right?

That is when German luxury cars become absurdly expensive, the major maintenance and repairs out of warranty. Talking about 5-figure bills being common.

I am finishing a lease on a BMW X3 and I've put under 11k miles in 3 years. Might be worth buying but then don't want to deal with potential big repairs and maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom