Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent (or will have spent) as much for my tooth surgery/removal/dental implant as Robbie did on that boat!

I think he got the better deal. :cool:

Wait a second... all that build-up over a 6800 boat. I'm disappointed in you Robbie.:dance:

I always chuckle about people complaining about how much boats cost. Yeah, if you get new ones, sure. But good old fiberglass boats last almost forever.

Cats and stripers so far. But sturgeon and salmon also run in the delta.

I first read that as cats and strippers and thought it might be some colloquialism for something else.

Congrats, Robbie.

I am waiting to see photos of your catch. :)

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

I did the boat deal, this 21 foot Chris Craft is mine!

51337779073_c592a0169d_o.jpg

Boat in shop now getting prepped for water and I'm doing the insurance and marina berth thing.

Woo-Hoo, my fifth boat - :)

I dunno...

Nice boat, but kinda hard to fish off it eh? Hehe - :)

This is my biggest, heaviest, most powerful and most expensive boat yet. Cost me $6800 bucks. Told ya, I buy old used boats with good motors on them. This is a 1985 Chris Craft Scorpion 210 as far as I can tell. It has a 2005 Johnson 150 HP OB. Also has anchor davit and hydraulic steering, a marine VHF and a chart plotter-GPS-sonar.

I did the insurance thing online, $200/yr. The slip will be about $180/mo. Biggest expense will be gas, about $300 to fill the tank. Ordered up my fishing license online too.

Let the good times roll! Ah float I mean - :)

What will you name it? How about "Blow That Dough!"

Nah, no great white's were I fish.

$6800? That’s a great price. Chris crafts are one of the best boats and the 21’ is perfect size. I agree about older boats, license, taxes, etc are minimal and unless abused they’ll last for years.

Brought 2k cash up to the cabin, and I'm gonna spend it on fixes, upkeep, and improvements. This is a change from my former cheapest possible approach but it seems like the right thing.

Getting rid of a wall in my pretty nice shed right now that separated the space into shed area and bunkhouse, which was good when kids were hanging out here. Now, it's going to be my pretty nice podcast listening...salon?

Then money on yard clean up. I've created many piles of yard debris over the years, but the decomposition process is slower than I expected so I'm just going to have people haul it away.

Laundry facilities would be nice and actually make the place livable but not sure if I'm ready to blow that much dough (and very hard to find people to even do the work for any price). I'm hoping RobbieB will give me the guts to go for it.

A couple months ago I posted about our project to oak panel our home study. This is the third job in our house for our favorite contractor/carpenter because he is so good and fairly priced. It took almost all of June and July for him to get it all done, as he is short staffed and could never work very long days, having to manage the office and other jobs.

The next step is to get everything stained and clear coated. It is not a job that just any house painter can do, and our guy only had one recommendation for a finisher to do it with the quality that we want. I was expecting the cost to be around $3000-4000. After sending photos and dimensions, they came back with a preliminary estimate of $8200-9200. We are definitely having sticker stock, but do not feel that we have an alternative to get this done right, and we certainly have the $. This might be another 2-3 months before they can do it too.

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpg
    IMG_2987.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 79
How did the dentist or oral surgeons make the case for the implants?

What would have happened if you didn't get the implants?

I'm an easy sell. Sometimes the alternative is a bridge or a crown but those can fail eventually. I hate the whole bridge preparation thing, grinding down perfectly heathy teeth on either side to accommodate a bridge. If the tooth under a bridge starts to decay it may not show up on an X-ray till it's too late. That's why I'm getting TWO implants this time! It happened already to the bridge on the other side of my mouth.

Finally- when you have a gap you have teeth more vulnerable to chipping because they're supported by other teeth on only one side. I chew very carefully on the side with the double gap so I don't crack a tooth on either side of the gap.

And I'm Blowing That Dough on more fun things, too. I'm visiting DS and DDIL and the grandchildren. They live modestly and her side of the family showers the kids with noisy electronic toys and Disney Princess stuff, so I do experiences. I took the 3 of them for haircuts at Shear Madness, then pizza, and picked up the tab for Thai takeout last night. Tonight I'll take the girls (ages 4 and 7) to the local Hilton for the night, where they'll admire the view, use the pool and we'll have dinner from stuff we pick up at the grocery store and dessert from the case of ice cream treats in the lobby.

I cannot wait to take the 2 older ones to Chicago again (one-hour flight) but we don't feel that it's safe yet. The 4-year old has never been there- we'd planned to go in May, 2020 so you know how that ended.

It is good to be Grandma.

Last edited:
I'm an easy sell. Sometimes the alternative is a bridge or a crown but those can fail eventually. I hate the whole bridge preparation thing, grinding down perfectly heathy teeth on either side to accommodate a bridge. If the tooth under a bridge starts to decay it may not show up on an X-ray till it's too late. That's why I'm getting TWO implants this time! It happened already to the bridge on the other side of my mouth.

Finally- when you have a gap you have teeth more vulnerable to chipping because they're supported by other teeth on only one side. I chew very carefully on the side with the double gap so I don't crack a tooth on either side of the gap.
This is exactly what happened to me. I had decay under one of the teeth that held the bridge in the middle. So now I am going down the implant path as well for 2 adjacent teeth. Grinding down the 2 perfectly healthy teeth for a bridge always bothered me a little as well.

That study rocks! Just gorgeous! Yeah you want to get that done properly and you're right, not a paint job, more like finishing furniture.

That study rocks! Just gorgeous! Yeah you want to get that done properly and you're right, not a paint job, more like finishing furniture.

Yes, that's right. The referral we have is for an outfit that usually does wood cabinetry.

DrRoy, that is very nice!!

Just ordered a supercharger for my truck. Should add about 120HP/120 torques. Better for towing. Having it installed as I am past the work on my cars, break them and then take them to the shop phase. I just take them to the shop now.

F142032090.jpg

Just ordered a supercharger for my truck. Should add about 120HP/120 torques. Better for towing. Having it installed as I am past the work on my cars, break them and then take them to the shop phase. I just take them to the shop now.

F142032090.jpg
That will be nice. Long time ago I put a supercharger on my 92 Chevy 3500. It had the 454, but was factory set up for high low end torque and not hp. The supercharger made it so I could tow in OD and rarely downshifting even on hills. The truck ran 15.9 quarter mile time with the supercharger. Not bad for a big dually pickup.

That will be nice. Long time ago I put a supercharger on my 92 Chevy 3500. It had the 454, but was factory set up for high low end torque and not hp. The supercharger made it so I could tow in OD and rarely downshifting even on hills. The truck ran 15.9 quarter mile time with the supercharger. Not bad for a big dually pickup.

Did you have any problems with overheating? I'm setting it up for 6 psi boost, so not a lot. And the 6.0 LS engine and 6 speed auto are almost indestructible. Just worried that it may get hot pulling the long 6% grades around here. I have no intention to drive it like I stole it, just wanted a little more oomph for towing.

Some guys take these up to 14 psi and higher and get 800 hp out of them. Yikes.

That's gonna look cool! Total stealth until you pop the hood - :)

You gonna install or hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom