Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLM, that necklace is gorgeous! I have never seen anyone do that with charms. Usually they just keep adding bracelet after bracelet, till you can't even see their wrists, and the charms are all muddled together.

Could you post a photo of this highly unusual-sounding charm? I'm trying to imagine what a bear in a zoo in a lighthouse must look like. :D

buying silly charms like a bear at the zoo in a lighthouse

How did the dentist or oral surgeons make the case for the implants?

What would have happened if you didn't get the implants?

I was advised to do so about 10 years ago, was dubious and changed dentists. Several of them have not said anything.

Then this new dentist does a panamax and says there's a cyst or gap up in one of them. I don't recall if it was the same tooth that the other dentist advised 10 years ago.

The dentist advised for a crown on another teeth and referred me to a surgeon who gets great reviews, has a Harvard degree but wants like $4400 to extract one tooth and there may be lab fees on top.

Then the implant, they haven't laid out what the costs would be.

Dentist talked about the cyst collapsing the other teeth causing disfigurement.

Thanks a lot. I cracked a tooth eating dinner tonight while reading this thread. I see a blow that dough dentist visit (or visits) coming.

Maybe blowing that dough on dentistry deserves its own thread!

Given the last few years of pretty much rebuilding my teeth, I'd be a top poster. Let's say a new pickup truck is in my mouth. :LOL:

And I have a sister-in-law who spent way more than i did. :eek:

Oh yeah. Go quick before the pain starts.

I have seen the implants on X-rays and they are very long and deep. They aren’t failing and are very sturdy. I read online that it’s the biting power/force that’s very different with full mouth implants. I went to the best guy in my area for my bottoms. My sister had hers done by a top guy in Chicago and has the same issues. She has more biting power than me because she has them on the top also. I have a denture on top. When you have teeth or individual implants it’s like having a root for each tooth. Total mouth implants usually have 4 on the bottom and 6 on the top.

OK! - Japanese Wagyu A5 tenderloin roast 6 lbs on sale $799.99 delivered for Costco members starting 7/29/21! Thats $200 off.

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=japanese+a5+wagyu

My planned $799.99 purchase from Costco is their Firman Tri-fuel generator.

Then once my electrician adds an interlock, generator breaker, & inlet box to my electric panel I'll have a quick-disconnect added to my natural gas line so I can run the generator w/o ever having to handle or store gasoline.

Crazy how bad shortages are...still waiting on the interlock kit which is just a steel plate with some slots cut into it plus a few standoffs.

Last edited:

Then once my electrician adds an interlock, generator breaker, & inlet box to my electric panel I'll have a quick-disconnect added to my natural gas line so I can run the generator w/o ever having to handle or store gasoline.

That's a great idea. I may have that done as well.

I just added to my cart and it says $999 in the cart but it shows $799 on the generator page. I am signed in, so not sure why the difference.

The only issue is it's only 5500 running watts for NG vs. 7500 watts on gas. But I have a 5500 watt gas genie now and it runs everything we need except the dryer and a/c.

Maybe it's $799 in the store (they have a note that says it might be cheaper in the warehouse).

Last edited:

Yep. Between DW and I, we'll be Blowing the better part of $7 Grand this summer. Of course, during the pandemic year of 2020, we spent only for new tooth brushes, floss, and high concentration fluoride tooth paste. I guess we're "paying later" as the saying goes. We're replacing crowns, getting enamel and a couple of fillings. From those responding here, sounds like we're getting off "cheap." YMMV

Crazy how bad shortages are...still waiting on the interlock kit which is just a steel plate with some slots cut into it plus a few standoffs.

I just went to Costco and they had the generator but it was $899. They wouldn’t match to online price of $799. And the online price is actually $999. So I passed.

I'm in. As I posted looking at another $9200 (maybe more if I go the oral surgeon route?) on top of the $4000+ I've already spent.:D

I just went to Costco and they had the generator but it was $899. They wouldn’t match to online price of $799. And the online price is actually $999. So I passed.

IIRC, it goes on sale for that $799.99 price every few months.

I didn't want to buy it until everything else is ready.

IIRC, it goes on sale for that $799.99 price every few months.

I didn't want to buy it until everything else is ready.

Coolio. Let me know if you see it for $799. I'll do the same! I just emailed my electrician so he can put me in the queue for my sub panel and outside plug.

Does this qualify?

Attachments

• 54F1C956-CD3D-400C-89A4-7A5214A6DBC9.jpg
    54F1C956-CD3D-400C-89A4-7A5214A6DBC9.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 82
Just had an implant done by a dentist (not oral surgeon) that specializes in it and couldn't be happier. Out of pocket was way less than what I'm seeing here, somewhere south of 2K. He used a technique where he did the extraction and bone graft at the same appointment.

Does this qualify?

Well if you mean that really cool lift system, then yes. I would get one to change my oil in the BEEMER, but they do it for free at the dealer with only a minor upsell for $140 wiper blades.:LOL:

Now that Porche, well thats just cooking the dough.....CTD, new term.:dance:

Just had an implant done by a dentist (not oral surgeon) that specializes in it and couldn't be happier. Out of pocket was way less than what I'm seeing here, somewhere south of 2K. He used a technique where he did the extraction and bone graft at the same appointment.
Yeah mine does them too. He also did the extraction and bone graft in one visit but it was $2100 just for that and it will be about another $4600 per tooth for implant and crown. Unless I go with an oral surgeon for the implant in which case I don't know the cost but it may be even more.

I did the boat deal, this 21 foot Chris Craft is mine!

51337779073_c592a0169d_o.jpg

Boat in shop now getting prepped for water and I'm doing the insurance and marina berth thing.

Woo-Hoo, my fifth boat - :)

Boat in shop now getting prepped for water and I'm doing the insurance and marina berth thing.

Beautiful boat. Have fun.

Nice! Enjoy. Is that big enough to sleep below?

The cuddy is very small, you could but it would be worse than tent camping. I folded myself in there and sat upright, but there's not much room and the portholes are quite small and no deck hatch either.

Yes you could, there's the typical V berth, but not much of one.

Congrats!

The cuddy is very small, you could but it would be worse than tent camping. I folded myself in there and sat upright, but there's not much room and the portholes are quite small and no deck hatch either.

Yes you could, there's the typical V berth, but not much of one.
Thanks. I know nothing about boats was just curious. Always thought it would be fun to go on an overnight fishing trip, have a few beers and stare at the ocean.:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom