Comedy

languagefan

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello
YouTube comedies are part of my daily routine to get a good deal of laughter.
What are your favourite comedians or series?
I like the Russel Peters
Accidentally in purpose
dharma and Gregg
Have a wonderful day

Last edited:
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Big Bang Theory
Carol Burnett
Jeff Dunham
old video - Bill Cosby Himself

I'm impressed with "Portlandia" which is a collection of short comedy bits intertwined and reconnected with one another, having to do with hipsterish activities in Portland, Oregon. Fred Armisen from SNL fame is the protagonist and creator of the show. I'm sorry but it just slays me! I get it on disc from the library so no commercials!! I'm like totally hooked, bro.

Loved Fawlty Towers. And I gotta confess, always enjoyed the comedy of Sam Kinison.

Recent light comedy favorite was Fox's The Grinder, now cancelled after one season, but a perfect little season that comes full circle. Love a show whose writers don't explain the jokes, even the less obvious ones. Felt a bit like Arrested Development.

My kids recently turned me on to "John Mulaney". Young comedian but very funny and generally non offensive.... occasionally some tough words but good all around. YouTube "John Mulaney Why buy the cow" or "John Mulaney Law and Order". He has a special....John Mulaney New in Town.. Amazon or Netfix (can't remember).

There is also Mitch Hedberg. Has passed away but provides both qualities of young and hip along with a Henny Youngman approach to telling jokes....fire them out there rapidly and hope one or two land. You can not watch his routines without laughing.

Last edited:
Had the chance to see Steve Martin and Martin Short live a couple of weeks ago. It was a very good show...lots of variety. I would highly recommend seeing them live if you get the opportunity.

I'm impressed with "Portlandia" which is a collection of short comedy bits intertwined and reconnected with one another, having to do with hipsterish activities in Portland, Oregon. Fred Armisen from SNL fame is the protagonist and creator of the show. I'm sorry but it just slays me! I get it on disc from the library so no commercials!! I'm like totally hooked, bro.

If you like this one, check out Armisen in Documentary Now. It's a series of mock documentaries. Watched one last night about a supposed Al Capone festival in Iceland. Funny.

My kids recently turned me on to "John Mulaney". Young comedian but very funny and generally non offensive.... occasionally some tough words but good all around. YouTube "John Mulaney Why buy the cow" or "John Mulaney Law and Order". He has a special....John Mulaney New in Town.. Amazon or Netfix (can't remember).

There is also Mitch Hedberg. Has passed away but provides both quatities of young and hip along with a Henny Youngman approach to telling jokes....fire them out there rapidly and hope one or two land. You can not watch his routines without laughing.

Just a couple days ago I watched a bunch of Mitch Hedberg videos. He kills me. The videos I found were not bad. but I remember hearing audio clips that had me rolling. Wish I could find more of his stuff.

Ron White standup (you can't fix stupid). A little coarse, but funny. Schtick with a drink and cigar as props. Been doing it for many years.

edit sp

If you like this one, check out Armisen in Documentary Now. It's a series of mock documentaries. Watched one last night about a supposed Al Capone festival in Iceland. Funny.

Thanks. That's the first I've heard of it. I'll check it out. I see Bill Hader is in it too, whom I enjoy.

Dara Ó Briain

Love Dara. Probably one of the best standups working in the UK. I also like Jimmy Carr but he is to raunchy for some.

I like watching Dara host Mock the Week. I watch a million UK comedy panel shows on YouTube.

Mock the Week
Have I got News for You
8 out of 10 Cats
Would I Lie to You
Big Fat Quiz
A League of their Own
sometimes QI and Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom