Do you have structure or routine in retirement?

Just back from a 56 mile ride :D

One thing I thought about since I retired there is a bit more procrastination then there used to be. Before it was "I need to get this done this weekend..." Now it's more flexible and as a result some times things slip. Like washing the dog...was going to be Sunday, then Tuesday now Thursday since that will be the warmest day this week :O

I have relatively little structure but find myself falling into a natural routine. Obviously, there is SOME structure (doctor apts., social engagements, etc.). Bed time and waking take care of themselves (go to bed when tired, get up when I awake to the sunshine.) It's all very much as I envisioned retirement. YMMV

You guys are taking this retirement too seriously. My schedule is no schedule. Somedays I'm up at 6, others I may sleep until 8. Have a couple cups of coffee while I check email and forums. Then walk a few days a week. Eat homemade granola and yogurt. Then start my day which sometimes may consist of doing absolutely nothing productive. Other days I'll do what needs doing.
Seriously though I thought in retirement that I would sign up for volunteer work but haven't been able to commit to anything. So I'm just enjoying whatever comes my way.
Tomorrow we may take the Rzr for another ride up in the mountains.

We seem to be settling into a loose routine of getting up about 8 am, walking for 45 minutes to an hour 4-5x a week, then seeing our grandchildren 2-3x a week, doing a chore or two and reading or watching something in the evenings. We also have been cooking some great home cooked meals, which was hard when we were working. We are also spending a lot less money than before. My husband is volunteering with the dog shelter each week, too. I've been cleaning out and organizing. I am under so much less stress and have lost weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom