Enjoy your moment

My favorite conference calls were the 5 AM east coast calls so we could participate in a 10 AM London or Paris call. :facepalm:

Hmmm, mine were the 10 pm conference calls (Central European Time) so that we could include the folks on both US coasts and in between. Not the most soothing before bedtime activity. :)

-BB

Hmmm, mine were the 10 pm conference calls (Central European Time) so that we could include the folks on both US coasts and in between. Not the most soothing before bedtime activity. :)

-BB

You win. I go to bed at 9PM. Even when w*rking, 930 was about it for me. The early mornings were/are a lot easier for me than the late evenings. :)

A conference call is probably better than a meeting because at least you don't have to struggle to look like you're interested and/or want to be there.

You can play bullshit bingo more easily!

Once I was on a skype call with a female colleage (whom I knew well) and was just sitting in my underwear. The camera only showed me from the chest up. But I had to get up get a file in my home office, so I told her I was going to turn off video for a moment. When I sat back down and resumed the video, she asked me why I toggled it off. I told her, "well, sometimes I can't be bothered to put my pants on, so I'm not wearing any today." Her reply: "Yeah, me neither." We both had a laugh over that!

-BB

For now I am going to jump on a conference call to listen to people talk about nothing productive for an hour.

I was in management for about 8 years, and 11 years ago I made the difficult decision to give up the money and return to hands-on programming. I recently was asked by my boss to attend a meeting of managers to discuss a new project, and 5 minutes in I was having PTSD flashbacks to my old management life. It’ll ultimately delay my RE by a few years, but I’m much happier being on the front lines solving real problems, rather than listening to folks pontificate all day.

-BB

try setting up a conference call for participants in:

east coast US (Boston, NY, Atlanta, Cincinnati), central US (Houston, Chicago), Mountain US (Denver, SLC), West US ( LA, Bay Area, Seattle)
and Anchorage and Europe (UK and Germany, Paris, Belgium) and Ivory Coast and Kenya and Australia!!

(we couldn’t...but fun trying :rolleyes:)

try setting up a conference call for participants in:

east coast US (Boston, NY, Atlanta, Cincinnati), central US (Houston, Chicago), Mountain US (Denver, SLC), West US ( LA, Bay Area, Seattle)
and Anchorage and Europe (UK and Germany, Paris, Belgium) and Ivory Coast and Kenya and Australia!!

(we couldn’t...but fun trying :rolleyes:)

Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner! :)

-BB

I just wanted to write a post to let all of you know what happiness I get from reading the posts on this forum. I am hoping to FIRE next year, but have been reading this forum for 5+ years. It's great to hear about your lives and concerns and fun. :dance:

I am sitting here at my desk at w**k now and it is rough. Be happy you all made your dream happen. For now I am going to jump on a conference call to listen to people talk about nothing productive for an hour.

Well if you are down to a year, work shouldn't be too bad. At least it wasn't for me. I knew the finish line was just around the corner so I could put up with most anything. Good luck...

When we were on the west coast they told us we had to come to work early to call into the east coast conference's. When we are on the east coast we have to stay late to include the west coast folks. :confused: Not a conference call but when I was working on my MBA I found myself in Sadr City (Baghdad). Team/class meetings were always at 0500. One time I forgot to mute during a rocket attack. My teammates back in San Diego had a new appreciation for the military.

Back
Top Bottom