ER'd yesterday!

walkinwood

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We started ER yesterday, May 1st. We thought May day (Labor day in the rest of the world) would be an auspicious day to start this next phase of our life.

Like little kids on the first day of vacation, we were up at 6a yesterday with silly grins on our faces. Slept in today though. Dreamed of work I think - or something stressful. I've read here that this is common.

Sometimes I felt that I wanted to ER just to write this post in the "Life after FIRE" forum :)

Thanks to all on this forum for encouragement, advice and most of all a feeling of community - so I never felt that I was out in left-field with this quest. You guys are the best!

If you are interested, read my posts as I approached this day.
http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/telling-family-friends-1-day-go-35299.html

Congratulations! And welcome to the rest of your life! It only gets better with time.

You will just enjoy ER more and more each day!! It is GREAT! I've been at it for almost 18 months and I can't even relate to people with work problems anymore I can't remember.... or don't want to....:)

Sounds sooo nice. Congrats on jumping ship, and having your own life raft!

congrats and welcome to the club ... secret decoder ring, FIRE manual, and handshake info coming to ya. :D:D:D
... it is now GOOD TO BE YOU.

only have 9.5 more work days
however im looking at having surgery done before I can really appreciate ER

keep posting

Congrats! I'm 13 months into retirement and it still feels like a dream. Doing your own thing just never gets old. :)

congrats walkinwood.

Congratulations Walkinwood!

I'll post when I hit the milestone

-- Rita (5 days to go)

Congrats. In 6 months you'll wonder "How did I ever have time for work" and you'll avoid shopping on weekends with all of the people who have to w#$k.

Congratulations!!

You are now a card carrying member of the club.

The stress/w*rk dreams will slowly fade away as you mind adjusts to being retired instead of w*rking. It only gets better.

Get lots of rest and try to slow down as your body and brain shed the effects of accumulated stress over your w*rking life.

Enjoy...your are now beginning a new life.

Congratulations!!

You are now a card carrying member of the club.

The stress/w*rk dreams will slowly fade away as you mind adjusts to being retired instead of w*rking. It only gets better.

Get lots of rest and try to slow down as your body and brain shed the effects of accumulated stress over your w*rking life.

Enjoy...your are now beginning a new life.

I would like to add that once my mind was no longer occupied with work, I experienced all sorts of dreams and memories and ideas. It was a bit disconcerting, but don't let it bother you.

I would like to add that once my mind was no longer occupied with work, I experienced all sorts of dreams and memories and ideas. It was a bit disconcerting, but don't let it bother you.
Not to mention sleeping much better.

Thanks all for your wishes and advice.

Today was my first Monday after ER. It was really great to go to bed on Sunday without checking my schedule for the week and reviewing the email I got over the weekend. Or worse, getting on an airplane to be someplace on Monday morning.

Spent most of the day - a great day in NJ today - reading outside and helping DW with the gardening - more like giving her moral support. Made dinner on the charcoal grill - something usually reserved for the weekends.

I can get used to this!

Thanks all for your wishes and advice.

Today was my first Monday after ER. It was really great to go to bed on Sunday without checking my schedule for the week and reviewing the email I got over the weekend. Or worse, getting on an airplane to be someplace on Monday morning.

Spent most of the day - a great day in NJ today - reading outside and helping DW with the gardening - more like giving her moral support. Made dinner on the charcoal grill - something usually reserved for the weekends.

I can get used to this!
Exactly!

Welcome to the rest of your life.

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the REAL life!!!

Congrats on jumping ship, and having your own life raft!

I think you may have that backwards. It's more like jumping out of a life raft where you've actually only been 'surviving' for years, onto to your OWN ship where you can now THRIVE for the rest of your life!!!

Happy Sailing!!! :D

Enjoy the ride forward.
I've been at it little under 2 years. It takes a bit of getting used to. Figure in another 5 years I should be a good beginner.

Back
Top Bottom