Golf Talk Tuesdays 2015-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a giggle out of Brian Harmon's sponsor... seems that a lot of us worked there.

IMG_1088-1-450x338.jpg

On Friday I played in my previous employer's scramble with 3 former co-worker friends who were non-golfers...so we had to use a lot of 120 yard tee shots :LOL:

We missed almost every green but my short game was on and we got up and down on almost every hole...we shot -3 with 15 one putts. :LOL:

Had a hole in one this morning. A short 115 yard one, but hey..... it counts. Used a PW. My 5th overall and 2nd one in this hole. Played nine with a buddy, just too hot right now for 18.

Had a hole in one this morning. A short 115 yard one, but hey..... it counts. Used a PW. My 5th overall and 2nd one in this hole. Played nine with a buddy, just too hot right now for 18.

Outstanding! 5 overall... that is incredible. How much did it cost you?

So, you're lucky in numerous ways today! You should go buy a Powerball ticket while you're hot... if you win, I'd appreciate 10% for suggesting it.

So, you're lucky in numerous ways today! You should go buy a Powerball ticket while you're hot... if you win, I'd appreciate 10% for suggesting it.

I bought two tickets a couple of days ago when at my condo on the coast. Checked the numbers this morning and............loser. Back to reality. :(

WGT (World Golf Tour) App

Ok, I’m almost embarassed to admit this but, I started playing an online golf game (WGT) a couple days ago. And, I have to say that I like it. It’s not real golf of course but, I’ve played some of the courses in the game, and they are very realistically portrayed. And, I find the game pretty realistic as well. Does anyone else admit to this guilty pleasure? :hide:

Early Round

I played early this morning (2nd tee time) walking as a single, quickly played through a foursome, and finished my round in 2hrs+change (even though I played two balls most of the 2nd Nine). Didn’t even keep score; good thing because I probably wouldn’t have scored well. BUT, I loved not waiting on anyone, and I found it easier to concentrate on the game. I also noticed/learned a few things that I’m not sure I’d have noticed in a normal round (foursome) with my golf group. I’ll have to do that again. ⛳️��️:D

Last edited:
^^
One of my regular golf buddies and myself quite often snag the 1st or 2nd tee time of the day...no one in front of us and we're often done in less than 3 hours (walking). We not only beat the heat of the day, but are left with almost a full day to do other things.

^^
One of my regular golf buddies and myself quite often snag the 1st or 2nd tee time of the day...no one in front of us and we're often done in less than 3 hours (walking). We not only beat the heat of the day, but are left with almost a full day to do other things.

I usually get the 0700 (first time) on weekends. We aim to get done with 18 in 2.25 hours

I usually get the 0700 (first time) on weekends. We aim to get done with 18 in 2.25 hours

I'm also a fan of early golf as it seems that as a general rule the faster players tend to play early. But, even the slower players early in the morning seem to be more aware of the players behind them and let the faster players play through without needing too much "prompting".

At this time of year there are 6:00 AM tee times. I was once up at 5:00, played at 6:00, finished at 8:45, went home and laid down for a nap and was woken by the phone at 9:30: "Oh, sorry...I thought you'd be up by now!!" :LOL:

At this time of year there are 6:00 AM tee times. I was once up at 5:00, played at 6:00, finished at 8:45, went home and laid down for a nap and was woken by the phone at 9:30: "Oh, sorry...I thought you'd be up by now!!" :LOL:

our first tee time is at 7, I guess we could tee off at 6 but when it stays light till 10 pm it isn't necessary. our grounds crew starts daily around 6 and needs the extra hour.

That’s very fast for a foursome.

ETA: maybe I lose more balls. :facepalm:

usually just two of us can make it out that early, we play fast. my cart goes 20mph uphill so that helps a bit.

4 of us can usually get around in 3 hours when we're all carting it

Since I don't see any gloating I'm guessing everyone here missed out on the 2019 Masters ticket lottery like I did, once again. My understanding is they sent out the notices to those who were selected at the beginning of this week.

Since I don't see any gloating I'm guessing everyone here missed out on the 2019 Masters ticket lottery like I did, once again. My understanding is they sent out the notices to those who were selected at the beginning of this week.

My brother and I both got our rejection emails on Monday. Been once but it sure would be nice to go again!

Yup... I got my annual rejection the other day. While it is easy to say that there is always next year... who knows how many next years are left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom