Votes: 17 14.3%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • 5-6 times a week

Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Once a day or more

Votes: 39 32.8%

• Total voters
I do the mall-walking thing every day, but don't really count that, so checked 2-3 times. Often that hour 1st thing in the am is the only thing I do all day

Having many close social contacts would just nudge me closer to an early grave. Maybe that's a little too much "I" in the ISTJ but to try and be otherwise is a lot of work and psychological "coal burning". One of the most immediate uplifting effects of ER was I didn't have to go anywhere or talk to anybody all week if I didn't want to

I voted 2-3 x's/wk. But I most mornings I drive 1 1/2 miles to a track to walk my 3+ miles, so I sorta don't count that as being "on the go". I feel as if I am more of a "homebody" & am very content with my own company @ home, & dh doing his own thing here or elsewhere.

I suspect we will be like my in-laws, in that MIL never needs to leave the apartment, but FIL goes stir-crazy quickly. That said, here in the burbs, I would love to never leave the house (I buy all food in one weekly trip, etc.) but when we move back to the city, that will likely change a lot. Here, I'm much happier staying in because as long as I'm in, it doesn't make much difference where the house is.

I work very part time from the house....I can go a couple of days without leaving the house. The regular trips are for grocery, pick up soon to be husband from work, gym, or curb shopping so I can have more material for my renovation addiction!

I like to do my food shopping 3-4 times a week, just picking up a few things each time. I also have my run to Home Depot frequently. I am usually out at least once a day.

I like to do my food shopping 3-4 times a week, just picking up a few things each time. I also have my run to Home Depot frequently. I am usually out at least once a day. I like to keep my outings brief and get back home.

I don't know how to answer this. Whether we are in our in-town home or the boondock home, we usually take a walk of about 1 to 2 miles each day around the neighborhood. Does that count?

Other than that, when in town, we usually go grocery shopping once or twice a week, and go to the library once a week. Or I might have to dash out to the hardware or electronics stores for some parts for a project. When up in the boondocks for a week-long stay, the car is often parked until we leave.

For those of you who are retired, how often do you actually leave your home to go somewhere? Some people -like DW- seem to enjoy staying home for days at a time, and others -like me- seem to experience "cabin fever" rather quickly. So where do you stand?
I have to leave my home every time I want to go surfing.

But OTOH I find it extremely annoying to drive 20-30 miles round trip to town.

Back
Top Bottom